-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD
Started by cubsrule4e
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
NOT UNTIL I GET TWO FUN BOWLING STRIKE GIFSTOC UPDATED!
GIMME A COOKIE!
Octo I believe only had about a dozen posts when I first said "fine for now" and it was basically just some lax noob credit so I anticipated that read possibly changing with more info. Since then it's sounded like my stronger village reads have a bit of sus there and I'm still curious about puppy saying that in PMs it sounded like Octo had more game info than a typical noob villager would have. Also interested in how apparently Octo slowed down or stopped the PM after a couple days - I don't recall if puppy answered my question about if Octo stopped right around the time she started sussing them on the thread, because if so, that would give me even more reason to be worried. If she did answer it, I didn't see itwhat made you put octo in your "fine for now" list?
What happened between these two posts that moved Octo from fine for now to your POE?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My POE is feeling like kal, violet, Ivy, zuri, Octo, meats, Oxy, fluff
I guess i don’t understand why you’re putting a neutral read in your POEThey're one of my neutrals that haven't really said anything that has stuck out to me as particularly wolfy or village yet
Everyone's in my POE until I have a reason to remove them. It's not a suspected wolf packI guess i don’t understand why you’re putting a neutral read in your POE
I see 🤔Everyone's in my POE until I have a reason to remove them. It's not a suspected wolf pack
Ah here it isI just received a PM from @OctopusDoctorpus so he is still playing. And no, that's not when the PM activity died down. He's fluctuated a lot in his activity so I feel like he must be busy irl. OctoDoc can you explain why you've been so inactive?
TOC UPDATED!
GIMME A COOKIE!
Either/or reduces information. It's fine if your wolf reads happen to be compatible with the top wagons, but voting somewhere you don't believe allows wolves to hide on misyeets under the same excuse.Ayo, I am still here. I am still playing. Not caught up but jumping ahead to make my presence known 🙂. Something that's been jumping around in my head is that it was noted that ties are historically bad for village, yet many (11) votes remained on players with 1 or two votes total on them. Why wouldn't it be advantageous to pick among the two/three players leading in votes and switch your vote there. Especially on day 1 where information is at its lowest. Sure, you may not have a super strong feeling toward voting those on the chopping block, but it's hard to have a super strong feeling in any direction this early. Wouldn't you rather take a chance on one of the potentials that has given you the most suspicion rather than leaving the tie which could result in a no kill (free night of wolf killing) or double kill.
Still deciding where I'm leaning for today's vote.
I'm not quite understanding why it would be pingy for me to bring up something original as opposed to letting it slide or sheeping other people after the fact. I'm also not understanding the "felt atypical for April" considering I don't even remember the last time we played together and I think we've played together no more than two or three times before. It was a data point I wanted to bring attention to, and I hadn't even decided what to think of it yetThing pinged me, this was one of the first posts about this before other players started using the reads list to try to read into wolf kill reasoning and the placement early in the discussion felt weird to me and a bit atypical for April
I can't convince you of that. I'm undecided on both of you.@Animal Midwife convince me that me v Zuri rn isn’t the same as me v sunshinefl that game she was wolfing and exploded because I caught her not wolf hunting.
I cant figure out if Id rather eat that first picture or incinerate it
Is there anything in particular from your PMs with oct that make you lean him village?Hi I'm here! Catching up on things.
I just received a PM from @OctopusDoctorpus so he is still playing. And no, that's not when the PM activity died down. He's fluctuated a lot in his activity so I feel like he must be busy irl. OctoDoc can you explain why you've been so inactive?
@IvyMoose my list is pretty similar/unchanged. I don't think we've heard from @WorthlessOxygen in a while so I leave them at neutral. Fluff and Stoat have been pinging me but I really don't want to be wrong. Violet is still very wolfy for me and that might be where I place my yeet today. Trying to read a lot of the vets makes my head spin lol as I'm trying to learn who everybody is and get better at reading people. But I will say just from my general catch up this morning I feel like Sporty is wolfy and Alley is villagey.
This is the exact reasoning why I've backed off of Fluff. I'm not clearing her but she's in my neutral/keep an eye on category for sure.
Just wanted to clarify - I have no idea if this role actually exists. I was trying to think outside the box of ways there could've been two kills (I know focusing on this isn't very important) and theorize what kind of roles could be in this game as I have limited knowledge of roles due to not playing much before. I was a redirector in my only game so I just thought how they could've meshed that with a copycat ability.
Just noting this list because I find it interesting. We have similar village reads (Pshelty, Samac) and wolf reads (Sporty, Ivy, Violet). Fluff I am unsure of and OctoDoc I am actually leaning village just from our PMs.
I agree with this. Pressure is good to see how people respond to it. But I'll admit in my noob game if anyone pressured me I felt like "oh no is that a wolf trying to get me to say something stupid so others wolf code me?" So even though I don't like that they're wolf coding because of pressure, I'll let it slide this one time due to noobness.
I was involved in this conversation with Fluff. I had Genny in my wolf reads as well and told Fluff that, so Fluff is not the only person who wolf coded Genny, but I don't know of anyone else who did either.
Something just feels off to me.It may be that she was so far behind and had to catch up overnight but I don’t feel comfortable calling her village. It’s completely tonal.Wait why undecided on alleys?
This post about me hasn't been sitting right with me for a while. Violet is using my number of 10 posts (at that time) to call me inactive, when this was only her 7th message in the thread. I was asking questions about player norms to help with my reads and I was being very careful early on about accusing/questioning people since my reads aren't the best. And I already mentioned how it's weird that her only reason for yeeting me was that I didn't have clear cut evidence on Fluff - no one has clear evidence. Fluff was just the wolfiest to me at that time. Violet has also been incredibly absent when I've been wanting more info on what made me voting Fluff with my reasoning more sus than other people voting for no reason.I ISO'd and they've only posted 10 times. I would not consider that as active compared to other players. All of their posts are just questions about the game and other player norms. There was nothing substantial to me in those original posts. It kind of seemed like the opposite version of the classic wolfy "answer questions but don't post any useful strategy" but turned into "ask questions but don't post any useful strategy" which I think could actually work since puppy has those innocent smol noob vibes.
Puppy's new post doesn't clear them still for me. They're still voting fluff but don't want to because they don't know who else to vote for? That's not a good reason to yeet for me, I prefer clear-cut evidence.
Yeet Violet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Animal Midwife what’s your reads list look like?
For the record, I would never kill Dubz D1 when she was village reading me. I’d drag her to end game and rub it in her faceI mean the post read to me like you were moving sport down and AM up. Not that hard to misunderstand.
As far as the vets go I’m most interested in sporty vs you. I have a strong feeling there’s a wolf between the 2 of you.
Undecided on alley and VMH at this point.
For noobs I was very interested in octo, but if he doesn’t show up it’ll be a moot point.
I’m not going to lie, im struggling with the moving the noobs either way. True feels village. Blue’s reaction last night made me feel like it’s more likely she’s village. Puppy was my noob and she has seemed okay. Otherwise to be honest I’m not very sure and they’re in a unknown noob pool.

Yeah I answered it (which I see you later noticed).Octo I believe only had about a dozen posts when I first said "fine for now" and it was basically just some lax noob credit so I anticipated that read possibly changing with more info. Since then it's sounded like my stronger village reads have a bit of sus there and I'm still curious about puppy saying that in PMs it sounded like Octo had more game info than a typical noob villager would have. Also interested in how apparently Octo slowed down or stopped the PM after a couple days - I don't recall if puppy answered my question about if Octo stopped right around the time she started sussing them on the thread, because if so, that would give me even more reason to be worried. If she did answer it, I didn't see it
To clarify, I might be giving Octo too much credit when I say they seem more knowledgeable about WW. I just mean when I was a noob I definitely shared too much info on thread or asked questions on thread that I should've asked my manator in a PM. Octo hasn't asked a ton about how the game itself works, he just asks me things relating to our thoughts on players. So maybe Octo is a regular noob and I am a dumb noob lol.
Not really. The way he interacts and asks questions about players or states his reads makes me feel like he is really trying, but his lack of participation on the thread confuses me. I also really want to trust him because he is my PM buddy. I feel like I can't be sure of anything with the amount he's given on threadIs there anything in particular from your PMs with oct that make you lean him village?
I agree about the second post, especially because in my skimming reread before this I found a post where they said something along the lines of being suspicious of violets lolZuris was initially neutral but i’m moving him to wolfreads because his interactions with Mels bothers me and this post came out as really weird
Like i explained why i think violets is sketchy and so did few others so i don’t get this post
I'd actually be more concerned about the opposite - PMs are a great way to pocket people and someone putting more energy into a PM than into the thread is a bit concerning for that exact reason. Don't put yourself into people's pockets in PMs 😛Not really. The way he interacts and asks questions about players or states his reads makes me feel like he is really trying, but his lack of participation on the thread confuses me. I also really want to trust him because he is my PM buddy. I feel like I can't be sure of anything with the amount he's given on thread
I am definitely being mindful of that. That's why I want him to post more before I can feel more sure of my read- I need to see how he interacts with others and not just in the PMI'd actually be more concerned about the opposite - PMs are a great way to pocket people and someone putting more energy into a PM than into the thread is a bit concerning for that exact reason. Don't put yourself into people's pockets in PMs 😛
What do you think of how Fluff hasn't suspected me of wolfing at all? It's a surprise to me, but I've been meaning to ask @Truenamer and @justafluff about it because he's said here that he and Fluff are PMing. Tbh I know I'm village but I have a two-game trend of feeling wolfy to people around me, and I'm used to people questioning my affiliation even if they don't yeet me. It's a pretty solid trend.This post about me hasn't been sitting right with me for a while. Violet is using my number of 10 posts (at that time) to call me inactive, when this was only her 7th message in the thread. I was asking questions about player norms to help with my reads and I was being very careful early on about accusing/questioning people since my reads aren't the best. And I already mentioned how it's weird that her only reason for yeeting me was that I didn't have clear cut evidence on Fluff - no one has clear evidence. Fluff was just the wolfiest to me at that time. Violet has also been incredibly absent when I've been wanting more info on what made me voting Fluff with my reasoning more sus than other people voting for no reason.
Yeet Violet
Zenge@Animal Midwife what’s your reads list look like?
True
fluff
shelter
puppy
samac
Vis
Lawpy
Oxy
zuri
yk
Ivy
stoat
Sporty
Mel
Octo
alley
April
violet
meats
Vmh putting sus points on me for bringing attention to Vis in Dubz's reads is almost giving me w/w vibes but I need someone else to look at that interaction and tell me if I'm just delirious from my wolf!Vis dream
Oh boy, a bandwagon! For me? You shouldn't have! 😊
I've been pretty busy with school and was struggling a little mentally/sleep schedule-wise for a couple days, so sorry for being away. Fellow noobs are probably thinking this is a miya situation, but oh well, I can't do anything about that. Anyway, I'm doing a lot better now, so let's get into it!
I'll be honest, it's a little more exciting this time now that people are suspecting me. During the noob game I had to subtly out myself as a mason pretty early on, but now I get to try to defend myself. Woohoo!
If anyone still thinks I was actually going to go for a 3-way tie, I was joking, folks. The noob game ties were traumatizing enough for me, thank you very much.
(Also, why are some of you going after me for that when Ivy is the one who actually made it a tie? Maybe I missed something since I'm not caught up but that's pretty weird, y'all. Not trying to shift blame on Ivy, but it's weird you focus on the person joking and not the person who actually screwed it up. Definitely making a note of those doing that.)
There's a lot of players since it's early on with no yeets, so ISOing is a little overwhelming. So, I went back to D1 with the knowledge that genny and dubZ are going to die to see if I could figure anything out by taking notes. That was still overwhelming, but a little less so. Currently on page 17 (SO MUCH TALKING), my notes are piling up and I got some suspects. Not going to name them before I write it up, just give a little more time please. Won't respond to any questions until after I finish writing it though, but I will answer them, don't worry.
Also, sorry Zuri for being quiet in the PM. I should be better at that, but I noticed that during my mason PM, I was very quiet in the main thread and people weren't a fan of that. I'll try to strike a better balance though in the future.
I've been pretty busy with school and was struggling a little mentally/sleep schedule-wise for a couple days, so sorry for being away. Fellow noobs are probably thinking this is a miya situation, but oh well, I can't do anything about that. Anyway, I'm doing a lot better now, so let's get into it!
I'll be honest, it's a little more exciting this time now that people are suspecting me. During the noob game I had to subtly out myself as a mason pretty early on, but now I get to try to defend myself. Woohoo!
If anyone still thinks I was actually going to go for a 3-way tie, I was joking, folks. The noob game ties were traumatizing enough for me, thank you very much.
(Also, why are some of you going after me for that when Ivy is the one who actually made it a tie? Maybe I missed something since I'm not caught up but that's pretty weird, y'all. Not trying to shift blame on Ivy, but it's weird you focus on the person joking and not the person who actually screwed it up. Definitely making a note of those doing that.)
There's a lot of players since it's early on with no yeets, so ISOing is a little overwhelming. So, I went back to D1 with the knowledge that genny and dubZ are going to die to see if I could figure anything out by taking notes. That was still overwhelming, but a little less so. Currently on page 17 (SO MUCH TALKING), my notes are piling up and I got some suspects. Not going to name them before I write it up, just give a little more time please. Won't respond to any questions until after I finish writing it though, but I will answer them, don't worry.
Also, sorry Zuri for being quiet in the PM. I should be better at that, but I noticed that during my mason PM, I was very quiet in the main thread and people weren't a fan of that. I'll try to strike a better balance though in the future.
Honestly, Fluff's read on you doesn't surprise me. I feel like you guys are very close noob buds and inclined to want to trust each other in the beginning. I also am not sure of my read on you because I village read you in the noob game until you died & came back then I thought you were sus when you were still village.What do you think of how Fluff hasn't suspected me of wolfing at all? It's a surprise to me, but I've been meaning to ask @Truenamer and @justafluff about it because he's said here that he and Fluff are PMing. Tbh I know I'm village but I have a two-game trend of feeling wolfy to people around me, and I'm used to people questioning my affiliation even if they don't yeet me. It's a pretty solid trend.
Do you think it's odd Fluff hasn't been suspicious of you? I don't think Fluff has ever been suspicious of you
@violetvett Ivy's vote did not make the tie, it wasn't counted since it was after 10 pm. Don't worry, Ivy is still on my list too haha
why are alleys and mels so low?Zenge
True
fluff
shelter
puppy
samac
Vis
Lawpy
Oxy
zuri
yk
Ivy
stoat
Sporty
Mel
Octo
alley
April
violet
meats
I’m actually putting meaty more closer to neutral than wolfy from what i’m seeing tbh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
More or less how I feel. Plus my policy on Fluff is "if you're ever a wolf, please just make your reveal super funny" cause I don't want to yeet her 🥲Honestly, Fluff's read on you doesn't surprise me. I feel like you guys are very close noob buds and inclined to want to trust each other in the beginning. I also am not sure of my read on you because I village read you in the noob game until you died & came back then I thought you were sus when you were still village.
Do you think it's odd Fluff hasn't been suspicious of you? I don't think Fluff has ever been suspicious of you
It's not good for my gamental health (game mental health) to be unquestioned though 😂
stoaty pls did you explain your reads plsMore or less how I feel. Plus my policy on Fluff is "if you're ever a wolf, please just make your reveal super funny" cause I don't want to yeet her 🥲
It's not good for my gamental health (game mental health) to be unquestioned though 😂
I don't feel like I have a strong grasp on either of them. If violet were to flip wolf, I'd feel better about alley. If Sporty or zuri were to flip wolf, I'd feel better about Mel.why are alleys and mels so low?
For the people who have questioned why I have neutrals in my POE
If the goal was to only add wolfy players to it, it would be called process of addition, not process of elimination. Neutrals are neutrals for a reason - no good reason to think they're a villager yet. Thus, they stay in my POE because they have yet to be eliminated as an option
If the goal was to only add wolfy players to it, it would be called process of addition, not process of elimination. Neutrals are neutrals for a reason - no good reason to think they're a villager yet. Thus, they stay in my POE because they have yet to be eliminated as an option
But you have alleys in your 4th most wolfread and Mels below sporty and zurisI don't feel like I have a strong grasp on either of them. If violet were to flip wolf, I'd feel better about alley. If Sporty or zuri were to flip wolf, I'd feel better about Mel.
Hm. This answer troubles me. There are a lot of players that I don’t understand why you have more reason to remove them from your POE than fluff, if you don’t see anything sketchy about her. Also don’t understand why you don’t see anything sketchy about her - I feel she’s certainly done sketchy things, but then she’s sounded quite village at times.No real sketchy reason, I'm just not feeling confident enough in a village read to move her out yet
Plus we haven't even flipped a single person through yeets yet so I don't want to get too excited with removing a bunch of people
Why is fluff so high?Zenge
True
fluff
shelter
puppy
samac
Vis
Lawpy
Oxy
zuri
yk
Ivy
stoat
Sporty
Mel
Octo
alley
April
violet
meats
Yes. I still don't think Mel is compatible with either of the two though. My list is a little less precise than it would be in a sub-15 player roster.But you have alleys in your 4th most wolfread and Mels below sporty and zuris
Something something 3p hunting get the whipTin foil that I’ve been molding to my head all day:
@Animal Midwife something makes me feel like you’re 3P that shot genny for making a lot of noise about you.
No plsstoaty pls did you explain your reads pls
Putting it off so right quick here's my SparkNotes Zenge --> Vis, no quotes edition
1. D1: bad day for reads for young stoats, very new, much learn, much watch. Have heard before that Vissy and Zenge suffer yeet problems from being wolf read too early and Vis was feeling pretty woofy to me. Zenge's absent posting pattern and mostly questions for reads or ambivalent remarks (I need to pull quotes to back up this impression) also made him woofy for me. But hell, I read as super wolfy. So while Vis is the yeet I wanted to vote, I'd openly stated earlier that I didn't desire to yeet her D1 because I didn't trust my gut feel on her yet. So I voted for Zenge because this is a grown-up game and if I voted for someone like Lawpy or True in order to rest my vote on someone who didn't seem likely to be yeeted, that would get questioned. Edit: also didn't want to rest my yeet on one Bluestoat because I was getting the beginnings of an invigorating wagon, due to erratic posting and low reasoning in my posts.
2. Dubz posted vote trends from Zenge and I was like "do you mean to say that Zenge isn't wolfing because when he's a wolf he votes early" and she was like "no I mean it's NAI let me pull more vote sources" and then she did and it looks like Zenge has a tell that we discovered in this game, so I switched from Zenge to Vis because they're two of three that I felt awkward about on D1 (other, Doc Oc, is a noob who's barely been posting)
3. I am questioned over this but I'm busy irl so I delay answering and keep putting it off until right now
I have more accounts to give lol
Elaborated read on fluff:Hm. This answer troubles me. There are a lot of players that I don’t understand why you have more reason to remove them from your POE than fluff, if you don’t see anything sketchy about her. Also don’t understand why you don’t see anything sketchy about her - I feel she’s certainly done sketchy things, but then she’s sounded quite village at times.
I can see where the sus came from D1 with everything that's already been pointed out. That being said, I was also a super jokey fluff-posting mistake-making noob in my first handful of village games and definitely got called out for it more than once when I started playing with the vets. I see the villagey-noob-ness from my own play in her play. To add to that, I think (this could be one of my brain fart moments though) that a noob or two has spoken up and said this isn't very different from her village play in the noob game and the vets have a bit more of a problem with her play, making it feel more like just a village noob thing that doesn't sit well with the vets.
Her more recent posts today haven't shown the same level of weirdness as D1, but there are still a few points in her logic I don't entirely follow, and it feels kind of the same way as I feel about ivy - I try to follow the posts and I just go huh? Not to the same level as ivy though.
I'm not interested in yeeting fluff right now, but I don't feel comfortable removing her from the POE just yet. Tentative read is nooby village lean.
This is why I’ve kind of abandoned the term. People get their panties in a wad about it.For the people who have questioned why I have neutrals in my POE
If the goal was to only add wolfy players to it, it would be called process of addition, not process of elimination. Neutrals are neutrals for a reason - no good reason to think they're a villager yet. Thus, they stay in my POE because they have yet to be eliminated as an option
I have liked her efforts and responses to pressure so far.Why is fluff so high?
This is the second time you’ve seemed pre-emptively defensive today![]()
I feel like I need to say that this is a JOKE... bc I know I'll get heat for it somehow lmao
I feel like getting wagoned in the noob game has put her on defensive, but that's a fair point. You've been really chill and borderline helpful to me during this game, even though I yeeted you! Why dis. Is it because I seem noob village?This is the second time you’ve seemed pre-emptively defensive today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to vote violet
As I find their vote reasonings a bit reachy and their most recent defense is lackluster, WIFOMy, and I don't like the hold back on reads as they develop them since I can say fom personal experience that catching up on 17+ pages of thread is a lengthy task and we likely aren't going to hear any reads until almost vote close at this rate
As I find their vote reasonings a bit reachy and their most recent defense is lackluster, WIFOMy, and I don't like the hold back on reads as they develop them since I can say fom personal experience that catching up on 17+ pages of thread is a lengthy task and we likely aren't going to hear any reads until almost vote close at this rate
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Eh, it's not the biggest hedge. This is a bit of a reach.This is the second time you’ve seemed pre-emptively defensive today
Why do they sound villagey?I was wolf side of neutral reading April yesterday and these posts sound... villagey.
IvyMoosy is coming across as neutral/wolfy. Maybe closer to neutral than to wolf.
Oh god we don’t need the image of what anyone’s doing with Mel’s buttThis is odd, given you were riding Mel's butt for his posts like 1-2 pages prior to this.