BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Still catching up

Noting that zuri/violet/VMH might be compatible
I am going to vote violet

As I find their vote reasonings a bit reachy and their most recent defense is lackluster, WIFOMy, and I don't like the hold back on reads as they develop them since I can say fom personal experience that catching up on 17+ pages of thread is a lengthy task and we likely aren't going to hear any reads until almost vote close at this rate
Huh, maybe not
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And how are you interpreting that information?
That it is pretty wolfy. She was catching up (possibly reading last few pages), and maybe she chose to yeet vis cause she thought vis was the most suspicious - vis wasn't defending herself much, while youngkal and stoat were trying. But creating a 3-way tie could have been very destructive if all 3 of them are village. Like Dana repeatedly said in the noob game, why waste a yeet when you can take out one more villager; in this scenario, why just 2 villagers when you can take out 3?
So now that I'm pondering, @IvyMoose why did you vote vis again?
 
Here you go. You can read it now, or wait for the audiobook version.
Its about as much content as D2 in this game! I will read it at night to self-soothe lol
 
First off, surprised no one else thinks that this bandwagon is pretty obvious. I'm such an easy yeet target for the wolves right now from inactivity and jokiness and lots of you are just going with it. It's really funny to me, but props to any wolves successfully instigating that.

I was going to summarize everything, but you know what, why not. Mel, this is on you, you asked for this 🙃

To summarize my thoughts up to page 20, though, pshelty, meats, and samac have mostly been posting agreements or other nonsubstantial claims. Maybe this will change? Lawpy is doing the same thing asking lots and lots of questions with no substance, but I think they post a little more useful stuff later. As said before, fluff is being paranoid which is normal. YK has been acting weird and defensive from the Ivy vote, stoat and a couple others have noted this. Lots of looking at Zenge's posting history right now (honestly not sure how this is super relevant, but dubz was leading this initiative). Dubz, lawpy, and potential also started looking at stoaty for the YK thing.

No, it’s not the vote, it’s the attitude.
(That was towards AM super early on. I know there was debate on whether the AM-genny debate was jokey but with hindsight, it makes ya wonder...)

I’m caught up. Mostly I think?
And I wanna see how this feels
Yeet genny
Hmmmm
I kinda wanna yeet stoats. Going back through and the back and forth with the vissy sus and then not wanting to vote there felt weird. But I really didn’t want to go after a noob day 1

I don’t wanna vote vissy because she’s my PM partner and I’d like to give her a chance to try

Genny feels off to me, but I don’t think I’ve ever played with wolf genny.
HMMMMMM. Bad reasons all around, not a fan.
I gotta go where the read takes me

Yeet stoats
Ok, fine, you're still lowkey bandwagoning though.
How do YOU feel about players? Why are you trying to get everyone's opinion on each player?
lol pshelty you're doing the same thing right now, all questions with vague opinions

As for reads, albeit outdated by 11 pages, I am getting pings from genny ig? AM seems genuine and genny seems to be egging them on
Erm, what? That's very awkward and agreeable, Ivy. Acknowledging that it's outdated doesn't make it not outdated.

I truly hate voting when I’m not fully informed. I’ve barely read half the thread at this point. I’m feeling better about fluff and true, kind of bothered about youngkal’s handling of the moose pressure vote and zuriburi’s reasoning for voting me feeling like they’re misrepresenting the situation. Both small pings but I’m pretty lost and behind. And overall I have felt better about zuriburi.

Unyeet mel
Yeet youngkal
Yeet Kal
Post 934 made me feel a little suspicious. It just seemed like a heavier response than was necessary with the question marks and the wolf accusation. Not a very heavy feeling, but it's the best I've got on this D1.
Wow, guys, how novel and original. (Lawpy noted this weirdness, too.)

Vis
April
kal

stoat
puppy
violet

Ivy
zuri
Octo
Sporty
meats

Oxy
fluff
alley

shelter
samac
Lawpy
True

genny
Zenge
AM
Mel
Last post before WZ's death and not too soon later...
I think i want to

Contingency yeet vissy
Hmmmmm. If you're a wolf thinking about killing WZ, it sure seems like a smart idea to vote for their top suspect to throw off the scent.

Someone summarized it earlier, but there's just no...oomph to her posts. She hasn't pushed anyone. She's been here but she's not really doing much of anything. I didn't understand where some of her reads were coming from and it was not the feeling that I'm used to getting from village April, even when we disagree on stuff. Could be some of that is her being busy with school but it just feels off, altogether.
Oh, that scares me. I actually totally forgot about April until reading this post, weird.

Hopping ahead until after the deaths because this is getting too long, even for me. Hopefully it showed my thought process a little. I lost the quotes directed towards me and my answers in the save process, but ultimately was trying to say that I somewhat defended fluff because she's one of the only players here that I've played with and she seemed to be acting like she did as a villager. I know zero (0) metas so I was trying to go off the little evidence I have. This is also my first time doing D1 alone, I had a mason buddy to bounce ideas off during the noob game so I'm really in the dark here.

Also, some people were saying genny's nk doesn't make sense, but I think it does. If it was a vig shot, yep makes sense, she wasn't very active and there's not a lot to go off. Wolf nk also makes sense since wolves might think she's quiet because she doesn't want to draw attention to a PR. Which she didn't have luckily.

Posting all of this now to break it up. Don't worry, more incoming.
 
How are people reading this post? Parts of it feel forced to me and I'm more confident in my yeet.

@Potentialfuturevet @alleycat03 @samac I would like to know your thoughts especially and if you think this sounds wolfy or like a defensive villager
I agree. Parts of it fell forced and without a lot of actual game substance.

The one thing I notice in her favor is she’s saying ivy made the 3 way tie, but her vote was too late.
I would expect a wolf to pay closer attention, but the layer of noobness makes it harder for me.
 
Hey there! I saw your comment about my post and you're right it was an over-generalization. I guess I tried to reflect what others said about genny being bold and seeming sketchy early on in games. When I was replying to you, I was just trying to fill you up on what had been discussed without checking back on that discussion. What I said was mainly based on my own perception of what I felt were the valid points in that discussion.
What made you go back to this post hours later?
 
All of vmh's mentions of violet
Kind of felt like that vote came out of the blue once violet was gaining some sus but there were only three votes on violet before that and it's not exactly late in the cycle
Have you heard more from violet? What are your thoughts now?
I agree about the second post, especially because in my skimming reread before this I found a post where they said something along the lines of being suspicious of violets lol
I am going to vote violet

As I find their vote reasonings a bit reachy and their most recent defense is lackluster, WIFOMy, and I don't like the hold back on reads as they develop them since I can say fom personal experience that catching up on 17+ pages of thread is a lengthy task and we likely aren't going to hear any reads until almost vote close at this rate
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (2) - AM, Zenge
Violet (5) - April, Lawpy, Pups, meats, Bluey
OctoDoc (1) - Truey
zuri (-)
sporty (1) - Mel

Ineligible: samac

10/20: many missing votes

@violetvett is leading!

Day close: TODAY 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND

View attachment 348786
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally (as of post 1963)

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (5) - April, Lawpy, puppy, meats, blue
OctoDoc (1) - True
zuri () -
Sporty (1) - Mel
Oxygen (1) - Octodoc

Leading: @violetvett

Ineligible: samac

10/20: many missing votes
@alleycat03 @youngkal @justafluff @Viscernable @IvyMoose @SportPonies @potentialsheltervet @violetvett @WorthlessOxygen @Zenge142

Day close: ~4.25 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
 
First off, surprised no one else thinks that this bandwagon is pretty obvious. I'm such an easy yeet target for the wolves right now from inactivity and jokiness and lots of you are just going with it. It's really funny to me, but props to any wolves successfully instigating that.

I was going to summarize everything, but you know what, why not. Mel, this is on you, you asked for this 🙃

To summarize my thoughts up to page 20, though, pshelty, meats, and samac have mostly been posting agreements or other nonsubstantial claims. Maybe this will change? Lawpy is doing the same thing asking lots and lots of questions with no substance, but I think they post a little more useful stuff later. As said before, fluff is being paranoid which is normal. YK has been acting weird and defensive from the Ivy vote, stoat and a couple others have noted this. Lots of looking at Zenge's posting history right now (honestly not sure how this is super relevant, but dubz was leading this initiative). Dubz, lawpy, and potential also started looking at stoaty for the YK thing.


(That was towards AM super early on. I know there was debate on whether the AM-genny debate was jokey but with hindsight, it makes ya wonder...)


Hmmmm

HMMMMMM. Bad reasons all around, not a fan.

Ok, fine, you're still lowkey bandwagoning though.

lol pshelty you're doing the same thing right now, all questions with vague opinions


Erm, what? That's very awkward and agreeable, Ivy. Acknowledging that it's outdated doesn't make it not outdated.



Wow, guys, how novel and original. (Lawpy noted this weirdness, too.)


Last post before WZ's death and not too soon later...

Hmmmmm. If you're a wolf thinking about killing WZ, it sure seems like a smart idea to vote for their top suspect to throw off the scent.


Oh, that scares me. I actually totally forgot about April until reading this post, weird.

Hopping ahead until after the deaths because this is getting too long, even for me. Hopefully it showed my thought process a little. I lost the quotes directed towards me and my answers in the save process, but ultimately was trying to say that I somewhat defended fluff because she's one of the only players here that I've played with and she seemed to be acting like she did as a villager. I know zero (0) metas so I was trying to go off the little evidence I have. This is also my first time doing D1 alone, I had a mason buddy to bounce ideas off during the noob game so I'm really in the dark here.

Also, some people were saying genny's nk doesn't make sense, but I think it does. If it was a vig shot, yep makes sense, she wasn't very active and there's not a lot to go off. Wolf nk also makes sense since wolves might think she's quiet because she doesn't want to draw attention to a PR. Which she didn't have luckily.

Posting all of this now to break it up. Don't worry, more incoming.
Day 1 all I’ve got to go off is feels 99% of the time. Genny felt wrong. Her arguement with AM felt wrong and her tone felt wrong. I vote there.
Then stoats acted hella weird. The vissy/zenge voting thing pinged the **** out of me. I voted who I thought is the wolfiest at that time. Best I can do as a villager.
I’m also getting tired of the NKA of why genny died. continuing to go in those circles are gonna go nowhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was leaning you village but I don't know what to think of you being worried about AM and sporty

Why AM? Why Sporty?
Sporty was on my radar initially for her Samac push. Samac feels village based on stuff I pointed out earlier and has continued to read that way. Sporty's most recent posts haven't moved her closer to village in any way. Lots of hedging. I especially didn't like the real quick 180 on True True.


AM, IDK. Maybe I'm just sick of losing to her and am being jumpy about her
 
All these pingys, good gracious.

The reason I'm holding back is because I might cross someone off my list later. But if everyone's so curious, for the record, I currently have pshelty, samac, and you on the list. Lawpy is in between neutral and wolf. Only village lean is fluff because she seems like her usual paranoid self but I did see a weird connection with True I don't like. Anyway, that might change if I could get a little more time please 🙂
When you say "list" do you mean sus list? Why shelty and samac?
 
Wow, this took a bit. Going to preface this with a big disclaimer: after going through all this, I'm not convinced one way or the other that SportPonies is a wolf. Heck, she leans villager. But I think the way she's been playing does have a pattern that would be perfectly consistent with a wolf.

EDIT- Added spoilers.

First ten posts or so, the 12 hours, are normal banter. High energy, a crack at Stoat, no real pings.
Then we get this one, which kind of starts it. A bit brusque, no reasoning, just rejection. I acknowledge that my initial read of AM doesn't align with the way y'all tend to play, but the approach here feels like it's asking for contention.

Early game:
Again, not a huge ping, just... contentious, in an unnecessary way.


Okay, here's where it starts to feel weird to me. And again, let me acknowledge that my cavalier "AM is 85-90% village" statement was overly bold (but also got the conversation started, so mission accomplished). (Also AM is village, standing by it)

Pony made the "words in my mouth" statement again when AM wasn't really doing that, and she throw doubt on any read based on previous games. Saying that it's way too early, we need to take time. Who wins these games if the villagers sit back and take lots of time?


Very next comment, casting doubt on a different person's ability to make an early read (Dubz, in this case). This time, it's not a wet-behind-the-ears noob, it's people who have played together and know each other. She's not being blatant about it, but still chiming in to tell people to cool their jets on early reads and slow the process down.


She says there's a difference, but still casts doubt on both things.

After that there's a good stretch of posts that I find perfectly agreeable, and then:
Speculation on three people (all who various people pong as wolfy at the time), but her own reasons for painting them with the brush are extremely vague. "Low hanging fruit something or other?" Blue's hardly the only person to question Octo's strange posting behavior.


And this begins a push on samac. Not sure how I feel about her, personally, but the vigor with which she go after her seems very strange for someone who's spent most of the game so far emphasizing how uncertain Day 1 reads are.


I'm not the only one who notices this.

Then more on this line:
Big reach on Blue here; obviously someone's play is going to feel different when you don't have full behind-the-scenes information on the game. And the weird thing is, Pony is obviously smart and knows that. So... why? In my opinion, it's because at this point Blue has become an easy/safe villager to target.


A pretty wild statement given how much doubt she threw on people making assumptions from a relatively small number of statements at the beginning of the game.



Back on the samac train with, again, an accusation with no meat behind it.


Now we get to today. Me this time, and it's again a quick and relatively strong-worded accusation with very little heft behind it.


Clouding/obfuscating someone's fairly well laid-out reasoning like this feels bad.


And again, oddly heavy with the wolf-colored paint.

And today:
And here we go! What kicked off this little back and forth today... was Ponies casting shade over someone's opinion developing, in a game about developing your opinions on people (and in which a truly massive amount of background material exists for some of the players).




So then we get this- vague message, direct pushback on me, another vague message. When read in real time, felt pretty obvious who you were discussing (since most people have correctly read me as a clumsy newby villager, and said as much). Feels quite obvious that I'm the new target (lucky for samac and blue and Mel and Vis and YK, I suppose).


And here's the true weirdness; I say I'm going to look over your posts, and immediately the bristles come out. And we have the words-in-mouth thing that we saw with AM way earlier; I never said a thing about questions or asking questions. It came out of thin air, presumably to make me seem irrational? A very strange decision either way, since everyone can just read our posts.


If grilling someone can't change our opinions on them, what the heck is the point of any of this? Very strange thing to say, feels like you don't like the attention and have gone into full deflection mode.


Continuing the deflection mode, we now move into deescalation. If we were to assume wolf!Sport, this is meant to bring an end to the discussion and send attention to other people before folks who know her better and are better at the game start to get curious.


If this is genuine, I'm sorry. If not, it's clean manipulation that makes the reader feel bad for you, take your posts in a different light, and make you feel better so you want to stay in the community. I wouldn't accuse someone of emotional manipulation like that normally, but we're playing a game where ~20% of the players are supposed to do exactly that.

And after that, a full shift in the discussion does happen.


And here, the final deescalation. You throw me a bone! Thank you for that. It's also what wolf!Ponies would do to tie a bow on a slightly elevated situation, especially since I hadn't posted this pile of a post yet.

Thanks for reading. I hope Ponies isn't a wolf, in which case I hope she enjoys this game and doesn't retire from werewolfing.
Quoting this to go back to and read when I have more time
 
I’m curious about the argument against violet if someone wants to give me a TLDR. I just got home.

I guess I don’t have much on her besides the impression she kinda was flying under the radar but that’s not necessarily wolfy
 
I'm reluctant to make judgements based on noob/vet ratios because RNG doesn't always fall the way you'd expect it to. Genny was the only vet in the Basics wolf pack of four and I don't recall the overall game ratio but I doubt there were that many more noobs than returning players.
Yeah I know that in my head in regards to how RNG works, but I feel like with how my reads have been that it must be like 1-2 veterans and 3 noobs. If it is all noobs or something I feel really bad for that wolfpack.
 
Hi I'm here! Catching up on things.

I just received a PM from @OctopusDoctorpus so he is still playing. And no, that's not when the PM activity died down. He's fluctuated a lot in his activity so I feel like he must be busy irl. OctoDoc can you explain why you've been so inactive?


@IvyMoose my list is pretty similar/unchanged. I don't think we've heard from @WorthlessOxygen in a while so I leave them at neutral. Fluff and Stoat have been pinging me but I really don't want to be wrong. Violet is still very wolfy for me and that might be where I place my yeet today. Trying to read a lot of the vets makes my head spin lol as I'm trying to learn who everybody is and get better at reading people. But I will say just from my general catch up this morning I feel like Sporty is wolfy and Alley is villagey.


This is the exact reasoning why I've backed off of Fluff. I'm not clearing her but she's in my neutral/keep an eye on category for sure.


Just wanted to clarify - I have no idea if this role actually exists. I was trying to think outside the box of ways there could've been two kills (I know focusing on this isn't very important) and theorize what kind of roles could be in this game as I have limited knowledge of roles due to not playing much before. I was a redirector in my only game so I just thought how they could've meshed that with a copycat ability.


Just noting this list because I find it interesting. We have similar village reads (Pshelty, Samac) and wolf reads (Sporty, Ivy, Violet). Fluff I am unsure of and OctoDoc I am actually leaning village just from our PMs.


I agree with this. Pressure is good to see how people respond to it. But I'll admit in my noob game if anyone pressured me I felt like "oh no is that a wolf trying to get me to say something stupid so others wolf code me?" So even though I don't like that they're wolf coding because of pressure, I'll let it slide this one time due to noobness.


I was involved in this conversation with Fluff. I had Genny in my wolf reads as well and told Fluff that, so Fluff is not the only person who wolf coded Genny, but I don't know of anyone else who did either.
This post makes me feel a lot better about Puppy, and her thought process seems genuinely village to me.
Is there anything in particular from your PMs with oct that make you lean him village?
idk why I quoted this, but I think I liked Puppy's answer.
What do you think of how Fluff hasn't suspected me of wolfing at all? It's a surprise to me, but I've been meaning to ask @Truenamer and @justafluff about it because he's said here that he and Fluff are PMing. Tbh I know I'm village but I have a two-game trend of feeling wolfy to people around me, and I'm used to people questioning my affiliation even if they don't yeet me. It's a pretty solid trend.
I don't get your point about how fluff reading you determines how other people read you? Idk I am really not a fan of how concerned you are with how many noobs are reading you as wolf. I feel like you're not seen as anywhere near as wolfy as you're claiming you are. I know you were up for yeet on D1, but you're acting like a large chunk of the roster is wolfreading you and that's not the case.

How are people reading this post? Parts of it feel forced to me and I'm more confident in my yeet.

@Potentialfuturevet @alleycat03 @samac I would like to know your thoughts especially and if you think this sounds wolfy or like a defensive villager
I don't like it at all. Seems like a very wolfy defense, promising to give us more info later as long as we let her stick around. I completely understand catching up, but the semi-bargaining like that just seems quite wolfy to me.
 
I'm about to get in the car for the next few hours. I'm not driving, so as long as I have service I will still be around.


Yeet Violet
 
I think you meant @potentialsheltervet
Thanks for catching this! I missed it since I didn't get the ping on the original post!
@puppydogtor Since you mentioned me.
Oh boy, a bandwagon! For me? You shouldn't have! 😊

I've been pretty busy with school and was struggling a little mentally/sleep schedule-wise for a couple days, so sorry for being away. Fellow noobs are probably thinking this is a miya situation, but oh well, I can't do anything about that. Anyway, I'm doing a lot better now, so let's get into it!

I'll be honest, it's a little more exciting this time now that people are suspecting me. During the noob game I had to subtly out myself as a mason pretty early on, but now I get to try to defend myself. Woohoo!

If anyone still thinks I was actually going to go for a 3-way tie, I was joking, folks. The noob game ties were traumatizing enough for me, thank you very much.

(Also, why are some of you going after me for that when Ivy is the one who actually made it a tie? Maybe I missed something since I'm not caught up but that's pretty weird, y'all. Not trying to shift blame on Ivy, but it's weird you focus on the person joking and not the person who actually screwed it up. Definitely making a note of those doing that.)

There's a lot of players since it's early on with no yeets, so ISOing is a little overwhelming. So, I went back to D1 with the knowledge that genny and dubZ are going to die to see if I could figure anything out by taking notes. That was still overwhelming, but a little less so. Currently on page 17 (SO MUCH TALKING), my notes are piling up and I got some suspects. Not going to name them before I write it up, just give a little more time please. Won't respond to any questions until after I finish writing it though, but I will answer them, don't worry.

Also, sorry Zuri for being quiet in the PM. I should be better at that, but I noticed that during my mason PM, I was very quiet in the main thread and people weren't a fan of that. I'll try to strike a better balance though in the future.
I'm going to break my thoughts down on this post point by point. I don't know everything others have said at the moment since I was on a walk to placate my stomach and I'm about a page and a half behind but here goes.
Right off the bat, the first chunk is very passive-aggressive and feels more like a wolf-cover joke than a frustrated villager joke. I recognize part of this may be because tone is difficult to decipher through the internet but I don't like the wording.
It's totally understandable to get busy with school and I wouldn't expect anyone to put their mental health aside for a game. But why bring up ~the miya situation~ when no one was drawing attention to it in any sort of way? I didn't even think to draw parallels until you mentioned it, so now I'm more suspicious than I would've been had you said nothing. It's okay to be busy with school and not posting much. You didn't need to throw in "but it's not like with that wolf in the noob game!" because now it's like you're being too defensive.
The game is more exciting when you're under suspicion, so I can't argue with this part. It's also insanely frustrating to know you're village and have people suspect you and not listen to what you're saying, so I wouldn't say it's fun.
I can't argue with this either. The noob game ties were a dumpster fire so I accept the clarification that you were joking, but I'm going to be honest and say I don't even remember you making a joke about this. All I remember is Ivy yeeting Vis past yeet close in an apparent effort to make a 3 way tie for some ungodly reason. I also don't remember seeing anyone calling you out for the joke but please quote some if I missed it. I've been skimming parts of the thread because people won't stop posting and it's hard to keep up. I didn't realize how much the noob game eased us into that part! But it's worth noting that Ivy DIDN'T make a 3 way tie because they posted after yeet close, and I'm baffled as to how you didn't realize that.
I would've preferred you not mention that you're "getting suspects" based on the dubz/genny deaths N1. We don't know for sure which one, if either, or both were wolf kills. Basing your whole player analysis on the assumption that we know why they died and who killed them is tenuous, to say the least. It also concerns me that you're alluding to the fact you'll be writing it up and won't answer any questions until you're done because it makes me feel like you're consulting with others to get your write-up clear, like it wolfchat.
So I'd like you to address my points here. At the moment I'm finding this fairly incriminating but I want to see how you respond to what I've said.
 
This feels like PR hunting and it spooks me
That was not my intention. I just thought it was a really weird role to brainstorm up, and I thought the creativity was unique. Not actually PR hunting, but I can see how my phrasing of the sentence came off that way.
 
I'm not sure what you mean? The wolfpack could or could not have a seer. The wolves can't usually do actions in the same night that are contingent upon each other. For example, they can't say "seer alley and kill her only if she has a PR." They would probably pick a target for the factional kill and a target for their seering ability. They are not related and you cannot make any assumptions about what roles the wolves have right now.
Hm, I’m glad alley pointed that post from fluff out, though. I missed the implications of it earlier. Considering fluff had a PR in the noob game and most of our discussion was about interpreting night action results, she knows that results from night actions are not received immediately.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That was not my intention. I just thought it was a really weird role to brainstorm up, and I thought the creativity was unique. Not actually PR hunting, but I can see how my phrasing of the sentence came off that way.
I just don’t understand why bring up “it sounds like they have knowledge of this role existing”
 
YK has been acting weird and defensive from the Ivy vote, stoat and a couple others have noted this. Lots of looking at Zenge's posting history right now (honestly not sure how this is super relevant, but dubz was leading this initiative). Dubz, lawpy, and potential also started looking at stoaty for the YK thing.
Idk where I mentioned YK; I only recall responding to a remark about Ivy from Vis. Can you point out where I wrote that?
 
Damn, 60% only puts her in neutral to wolf? Do they have to cough up some bones from a villager on thread to be in your definitely wolfy reads? Lol

Do you have anyone you're reading more wolfy than her atm?
Sorry that I was away! To explain, from my understanding there are like 4-5ish wolves, and 20ish of us total. Fewer, after D1. So the chance of throwing a dart and hitting a wolf is ~20%.

Me feeling that you're more like 60% to be a wolf is a big jump, in that regard.

And, likewise, when I said that AM was ~85-90% villager it wasn't a massive jump from the baseline in my mind.

Most of us are village.
 
Hm, I’m glad alley pointed that post from fluff out, though. I missed the implications of it earlier. Considering fluff had a PR in the noob game and most of our discussion was about interpreting night action results, she knows that results from night actions are not received immediately.
Actually, I did not know that. My action in the noob game was to protect. I don't know how seering brings results. Anyway, the point I wanted to make was that neither Genny or Dubz were seered and killed, cause like people have said, it's more likely for wolves to go after PRs if they can discover them, and both Genny and Dubz were vanilla.
 
Actually, I did not know that. My action in the noob game was to protect. I don't know how seering brings results. Anyway, the point I wanted to make was that neither Genny or Dubz were seered and killed, cause like people have said, it's more likely for wolves to go after PRs if they can discover them, and both Genny and Dubz were vanilla.
dubz wasn't vanilla.

Regardless, there's no way of knowing for certain which actions were used on either of them even if both were wolf kills.
 
Last edited:
I don't hate this POE. I would think there is likely another veteran in there somewhere? I am guessing there are 4-5 wolves with a couple of veterans and a couple of noobs. We had 13 returning players and 10 noobs sign up.
This was concerning me, but I’m wavering on whether it feels like intentionally going for low-hanging fruit (noobs, a returning player new to most of us, and meats) or just falling into the same mental bias that I fear I can feel myself falling into of reading noob unfamiliarity as wolfy. I haven’t caught up to her response to my question yet, hoping it will clarify my read on her once I do.
 
Dang it violet, another long post I want to break down.
First off, surprised no one else thinks that this bandwagon is pretty obvious. I'm such an easy yeet target for the wolves right now from inactivity and jokiness and lots of you are just going with it. It's really funny to me, but props to any wolves successfully instigating that.
It's not a bandwagon yet. Still a few hours until yeet close so it's not like it is materializing out of thin air. Those who have voted you have given valid reasons. Also, I don't know why you assume wolves are behind people voting you. I'm finding your answers highly suspicious and they don't read very villagey to me, so unless your packmates are hardcore bussing you I think it's fair for villagers to be looking at you.
I was going to summarize everything, but you know what, why not. Mel, this is on you, you asked for this 🙃

To summarize my thoughts up to page 20, though, pshelty, meats, and samac have mostly been posting agreements or other nonsubstantial claims. Maybe this will change? Lawpy is doing the same thing asking lots and lots of questions with no substance, but I think they post a little more useful stuff later. As said before, fluff is being paranoid which is normal. YK has been acting weird and defensive from the Ivy vote, stoat and a couple others have noted this. Lots of looking at Zenge's posting history right now (honestly not sure how this is super relevant, but dubz was leading this initiative). Dubz, lawpy, and potential also started looking at stoaty for the YK thing.
What YK thing? Please be specific because I don't know what you're referring to. I wouldn't say fluff was intensely paranoid in the noob game because she assembled her village bloc early on and then utterly trusted those players until it got her killed by Dana. She was faithful to her village bloc to the end. I'm also not sure what the point of mentioning dubz looking at Zenge's posting history is because that wound up being a dead end essentially with dubz concluding Zenge was village based on the timing of the posts.
(That was towards AM super early on. I know there was debate on whether the AM-genny debate was jokey but with hindsight, it makes ya wonder...)
Makes you wonder that AM is a wolf who killed genny out of malice, you mean? We don't know why genny died or who killed her so I think it's moot for now.
Hmmmm

HMMMMMM. Bad reasons all around, not a fan.
Not really? Samac was saying genny felt weird to her but she didn't have a reference since she'd never been in a game with genny as a wolf. Are you now implying samac killed genny? Also, why does it matter since even if samac did kill genny that wouldn't prove she's a wolf?
Ok, fine, you're still lowkey bandwagoning though.
I already expressed my issue with this line of thinking before, but it isn't always bad to bandwagon if you think that player is a wolf. Yeet who you think is a wolf.
lol pshelty you're doing the same thing right now, all questions with vague opinions
I ISO'd myself and this is just literally not true.
Erm, what? That's very awkward and agreeable, Ivy. Acknowledging that it's outdated doesn't make it not outdated.
I don't see the point of including this.
Wow, guys, how novel and original. (Lawpy noted this weirdness, too.)
I don't think this bland comment adds anything.
Last post before WZ's death and not too soon later...

Hmmmmm. If you're a wolf thinking about killing WZ, it sure seems like a smart idea to vote for their top suspect to throw off the scent.
You jump from Lawpy is being useful to immediately saying you think Lawpy is a wolf and planning to kill dubz. Massive leap. You can't think someone is village and also a wolf.
Oh, that scares me. I actually totally forgot about April until reading this post, weird.

Hopping ahead until after the deaths because this is getting too long, even for me.
Hopefully it showed my thought process a little.
It actually didn't, in my opinion. You just sort of grumbled about some posts.
I lost the quotes directed towards me and my answers in the save process, but ultimately was trying to say that I somewhat defended fluff because she's one of the only players here that I've played with and she seemed to be acting like she did as a villager. I know zero (0) metas so I was trying to go off the little evidence I have. This is also my first time doing D1 alone, I had a mason buddy to bounce ideas off during the noob game so I'm really in the dark here.
You have zuri you could be PMing with. They may be a noob but you can still chat with them, so this feels odd. We've clearly established (and fluff herself has admitted!) that fluff is NOT acting like she did in the noob game also.
Also, some people were saying genny's nk doesn't make sense, but I think it does. If it was a vig shot, yep makes sense, she wasn't very active and there's not a lot to go off. Wolf nk also makes sense since wolves might think she's quiet because she doesn't want to draw attention to a PR. Which she didn't have luckily.

Posting all of this now to break it up. Don't worry, more incoming.
NKA is not relevant at this point. Why are you so focused on this point?
 
It's not "wine in front of you, pointless circular reasoning" to be dismissive of an obvious statement that is neither incriminating nor vindicating and super easy to make as either village or wolf. I stand by remarking that that's just Sporty grabbing at an easy way out of tunneling True. True grabbed at that as weird too. Call us both out of you want to play it like that, Alley, but don't say I'm the only one making grandiose leaps of needlessly layered logic.
I like this poast. WIFOM arguments engage my eyebrows when they’re made as a defense or as a “we can never read into anything ever, give up” flop; pointing out that you’ve seen a post made by wolves and would make that post yourself as a wolf has nothing to do with that sort of WIFOM in my eyes
 
*Ignore the "WZ last post before death", I misread the time, I've been here for 4 hours and my brain is a puddle. Lawpy weirdness still stands regardless.*

TLDR on my vote, @SportPonies : Violet should be yeeted because of a dumb joke she made.

This kind of thing, this is what I mean when I say that your posts are frequent but mostly just question or cast doubt
Agreed, I noted this earlier.

This is the second time you've mentioned "investigating" someone. Do you mean search for more evidence against them, or are you trying to hint at a PR? If the latter, that's odd since you earlier insisted you were a vanillager and you've previously been adamant about not role-revealing unless your back's against the wall. Most people are considering you village so I don't know why you would keep dropping hints like that.
Yeah this is village paranoia behavior. Wolf would have kept their mouth shut and waited to see if fluff would slip some more. Pshelty is back to neutral.
blues reaction last night felt genuine. I think I was barking up the wrong tree.
AM, true, and zenges feel decently village.
I think vissy is village.
I don’t know how to feel about April. I want to read her village and her posts have felt village-y to me but dubz’s points give me weird not good tingled.
Mel village reading me wigs me out a bit, ngl.

I need to think about the noobs.
Backpedaling and mostly agreeing with some others.

(10 pages left, yay!!!)

Page 31 is an influx of Octo votes, mainly because of inactivity. Voters include stoat, True, and an imaginary one from samac.

Did the PM activity die down just around the time that you posted on the thread that you think he might know more about the game than he should for a village noob?
Good question.
My POE is feeling like kal, violet, Ivy, zuri, Octo, meats, Oxy, fluff
My name's thrown back into the mix after a long time. Yesterday evening. BUT it's consistent so far, April voted me yesterday.

I don't want to quote it all, but I still like Alley's posts and reasoning and logic on page 35 at 2am. Village-leaning.
True COULD be pulling a Dana with the Sporty iso so I'm trying to not pay a lot of attention to that right now.

Octo has been quiet in the main thread, but active in the PM hmmmm.

Lawpy brings me up first this morning. Arguably the origin of my yeets.

More wolf wouldn’t do in general, I’ve never wolfed with Vissy and don’t know her might kill thought processes. Someone who has wolfed with her may be able to give more insight.
I also don’t think vissy is a wolf for other reasons, though.
Which "other reasons"?

That post pushes violets deeper into wolf territory among her other posts/pings
Here's lawpy again bringing me up. I made a joke about ties and somehow that's wolfier than attempting a tie vote? Hey lawpy, what about Ivy??? You literally haven't mentioned her once yet.

The tie thing was hella wolfy to me. It came off weird and she kind of attempted to say it didn’t matter and was a joke, then said she was serious, and it ended up being all confusing and it stood out to me as a noob wolf being clumsy and trying not to trip up when it gathered more attention and scrutiny.
Oh boy, not again. You guys are literally going to misyeet me because of a dumb joke I made 🤦‍♀️ Sigh.
Hey, Alley, what about Ivy? You know, the actually tie-attempter?

Getting all caught up and re-reading the first day thred. Doing so gave me some more feels about possible sketchy. I am still confused on the bandwagon that happened to me. I have gone thru and quoted a lot of posts so expect that later.
Um, what are you confused about? It was because of the strange tone that fluff noted, even I remember that from like 20 pages ago. Woofy.

Hi I'm here! Catching up on things.

I just received a PM from @OctopusDoctorpus so he is still playing. And no, that's not when the PM activity died down. He's fluctuated a lot in his activity so I feel like he must be busy irl. OctoDoc can you explain why you've been so inactive?
Yeah, puppy's right, that's weird, Octo.

Ayo, I am still here. I am still playing. Not caught up but jumping ahead to make my presence known 🙂. Something that's been jumping around in my head is that it was noted that ties are historically bad for village, yet many (11) votes remained on players with 1 or two votes total on them. Why wouldn't it be advantageous to pick among the two/three players leading in votes and switch your vote there. Especially on day 1 where information is at its lowest. Sure, you may not have a super strong feeling toward voting those on the chopping block, but it's hard to have a super strong feeling in any direction this early. Wouldn't you rather take a chance on one of the potentials that has given you the most suspicion rather than leaving the tie which could result in a no kill (free night of wolf killing) or double kill.

Still deciding where I'm leaning for today's vote.
Beetlejuice much? Didn't we already go over this, too? I think we're all in agreement ties aren't good, this contributes nothing to the conversation.

This post about me hasn't been sitting right with me for a while. Violet is using my number of 10 posts (at that time) to call me inactive, when this was only her 7th message in the thread. I was asking questions about player norms to help with my reads and I was being very careful early on about accusing/questioning people since my reads aren't the best. And I already mentioned how it's weird that her only reason for yeeting me was that I didn't have clear cut evidence on Fluff - no one has clear evidence. Fluff was just the wolfiest to me at that time. Violet has also been incredibly absent when I've been wanting more info on what made me voting Fluff with my reasoning more sus than other people voting for no reason.

Yeet Violet
Boom, a popular vote starts. I've explained my absence already. This seems like an easy shot and is also weirdly personal? "Fluff was just the wolfiest to me at that time." Yeah, and I didn't like your reasoning, so I voted for you. "Clear cut evidence" was an overstatement, as I agree no one had any evidence. I try stay away from the "tonal" arguments.

IvyMoosy is coming across as neutral/wolfy. Maybe closer to neutral than to wolf.
Oh hey, Ivy's name finally shows up! And no one pays attention to this.

Octo's gone missing until...
Feeling slightly suspicious about you @Lawpy . Around post 1856, any particular reason that you were concerned about April grouping me/unknowns into the POE? Given what's known about me so far, I feel like she had reason to be on the fence.

Sure, I appreciate you challenging me being put into the POE, but it would seem to me that wolves would want to protect some noobier villagers over other villagers so they have some easier bait when the numbers dwindle down.

Protecting me could be protecting easy bait for later
This is...very insightful for a noob. Huh. Odd. Someone mentioned before Octo seemed "coached" and I have to agree. Puppy, have you talked about something like this with Octo?

Realized I'm kind of aggressive and probably overly defensive in this post, but realizing that people are voting me because of a dumb joke I made is pretty infuriating. Especially considering how fluff made a dumb joke and we all realized maybe that wasn't the best way to go around things.

We're 3 hours from a vote. Do we want a role reveal, gang? Seems like a suitable time to do it, but if you want to find out the hard way I'm village, by all means go right ahead. Who am I to deny the bloodlust of the masses?
 
Oww ok. I thought vanilla meant vanillager whether or not they have 1x ability. my bad.

All vanillagers are vanilla, but the only way to be vanilla is if you have zero abilities.

For purposes of official roles and mechanics her role is considered vanilla, but had a 1x ability modifier. But feel free to debate the semantics.
 
Not really? Samac was saying genny felt weird to her but she didn't have a reference since she'd never been in a game with genny as a wolf. Are you now implying samac killed genny? Also, why does it matter since even if samac did kill genny that wouldn't prove she's a wolf?
what?
I don’t even get where this game from.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I would also be interested in hearing the reasoning.

Personally, I've gone ahead and decided that if AM ends up being a wolf, I deserve to lose 😅
I’m not reading AM as wolfy this game, but for future reference (including this game if you do later hear her howling): don’t give in to AM powerwolfing. GGoats, Donuts, and Criminal Minds she forced her way into the village bloc, then was impossible to yeet once someone figured it out while the rest of village was drinking the kool-aid. Reverse the curse, do what we could not.
 
Sporty was on my radar initially for her Samac push. Samac feels village based on stuff I pointed out earlier and has continued to read that way. Sporty's most recent posts haven't moved her closer to village in any way. Lots of hedging. I especially didn't like the real quick 180 on True True.
I feel similarly about Sporty too tbh. Waiting for her to vote to see what's up.
 
Anywayyyyy, yeet @IvyMoose

O_O thank you for this.
1) if any vote less than two hours to close should be serious, then W, R, and S (days I work) votes will likely be no votes for me then.
2) What is the purpose of voting the wolfiest read, despite leaderboard results? If you know they won't be yeeted, then why, essentially, "waste" your vote that night?
3) I do see the "hope to chose a wolf" logic.
4) unsure what you are meaning "stats are clear cut when you don't know the tie mechanic." Like you think you know the stats but not really?
This was also a D1 vote so (since I didn't read HALF the thread) did any of us really have good reads on anyone?
This is super defensive, like wolf-level-defensive. Ivy doesn't apologize or anything later and just asks again why people don't understand their reasoning? And everyone ignores it? Odd.

I feel like if it turns out blue is the opposite of what I say, I'm gonna be turned on lol, since it'll seem like I have inside info. Nonetheless, at this point in the game it seems like you shouldn't read blue's posts as wolfy.

Ah yes the third option. This also seems likely. AM still definitely reading villagey to me since, from what I've heard from WW vets itt, they are always kind of abrasive (I mean this in the nicest way possible @Animal Midwife ).
This post has zero helpful content and just drags back the AM-Genny thing from page 2.

Ivy has been 100% missing and not said anything really helpful. Everyone has ignored this and piled on me instead.
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally (as of post 1998)

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (6) - April, Lawpy, puppy, meats, blue, alley
OctoDoc (1) - True
zuri () -
Sporty (1) - Mel
Oxygen (1) - Octodoc
Ivy (1) - violet

Leading: @violetvett

Ineligible: samac

12/20 missing:
@youngkal @justafluff @Viscernable @IvyMoose @SportPonies @potentialsheltervet @WorthlessOxygen @Zenge142

Day close: 3 hours 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND