BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oh boy, a bandwagon! For me? You shouldn't have! 😊

I've been pretty busy with school and was struggling a little mentally/sleep schedule-wise for a couple days, so sorry for being away. Fellow noobs are probably thinking this is a miya situation, but oh well, I can't do anything about that. Anyway, I'm doing a lot better now, so let's get into it!

I'll be honest, it's a little more exciting this time now that people are suspecting me. During the noob game I had to subtly out myself as a mason pretty early on, but now I get to try to defend myself. Woohoo!

If anyone still thinks I was actually going to go for a 3-way tie, I was joking, folks. The noob game ties were traumatizing enough for me, thank you very much.

(Also, why are some of you going after me for that when Ivy is the one who actually made it a tie? Maybe I missed something since I'm not caught up but that's pretty weird, y'all. Not trying to shift blame on Ivy, but it's weird you focus on the person joking and not the person who actually screwed it up. Definitely making a note of those doing that.)

There's a lot of players since it's early on with no yeets, so ISOing is a little overwhelming. So, I went back to D1 with the knowledge that genny and dubZ are going to die to see if I could figure anything out by taking notes. That was still overwhelming, but a little less so. Currently on page 17 (SO MUCH TALKING), my notes are piling up and I got some suspects. Not going to name them before I write it up, just give a little more time please. Won't respond to any questions until after I finish writing it though, but I will answer them, don't worry.

Also, sorry Zuri for being quiet in the PM. I should be better at that, but I noticed that during my mason PM, I was very quiet in the main thread and people weren't a fan of that. I'll try to strike a better balance though in the future.
How are people reading this post? Parts of it feel forced to me and I'm more confident in my yeet.

@Potentialfuturevet @alleycat03 @samac I would like to know your thoughts especially and if you think this sounds wolfy or like a defensive villager
 
I am going to vote violet

As I find their vote reasonings a bit reachy and their most recent defense is lackluster, WIFOMy, and I don't like the hold back on reads as they develop them since I can say fom personal experience that catching up on 17+ pages of thread is a lengthy task and we likely aren't going to hear any reads until almost vote close at this rate
All these pingys, good gracious.

The reason I'm holding back is because I might cross someone off my list later. But if everyone's so curious, for the record, I currently have pshelty, samac, and you on the list. Lawpy is in between neutral and wolf. Only village lean is fluff because she seems like her usual paranoid self but I did see a weird connection with True I don't like. Anyway, that might change if I could get a little more time please 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Zenge
True
fluff
shelter
puppy
samac
Vis
Lawpy
Oxy
zuri
yk
Ivy
stoat
Sporty
Mel
Octo
alley
April
violet
meats
I'm intrigued by both April and me being ranked so wolfy together. Do you think both of us are compatible in a wolfpack together or would a flip on one move the other drastically in your POE?
Vmh putting sus points on me for bringing attention to Vis in Dubz's reads is almost giving me w/w vibes but I need someone else to look at that interaction and tell me if I'm just delirious from my wolf!Vis dream
Eh, I found it just to be a weird thing to point out. I feel like people rarely call out the reads list of a dead player so pointedly.
 
No pls

Putting it off so right quick here's my SparkNotes Zenge --> Vis, no quotes edition

1. D1: bad day for reads for young stoats, very new, much learn, much watch. Have heard before that Vissy and Zenge suffer yeet problems from being wolf read too early and Vis was feeling pretty woofy to me. Zenge's absent posting pattern and mostly questions for reads or ambivalent remarks (I need to pull quotes to back up this impression) also made him woofy for me. But hell, I read as super wolfy. So while Vis is the yeet I wanted to vote, I'd openly stated earlier that I didn't desire to yeet her D1 because I didn't trust my gut feel on her yet. So I voted for Zenge because this is a grown-up game and if I voted for someone like Lawpy or True in order to rest my vote on someone who didn't seem likely to be yeeted, that would get questioned. Edit: also didn't want to rest my yeet on one Bluestoat because I was getting the beginnings of an invigorating wagon, due to erratic posting and low reasoning in my posts.

2. Dubz posted vote trends from Zenge and I was like "do you mean to say that Zenge isn't wolfing because when he's a wolf he votes early" and she was like "no I mean it's NAI let me pull more vote sources" and then she did and it looks like Zenge has a tell that we discovered in this game, so I switched from Zenge to Vis because they're two of three that I felt awkward about on D1 (other, Doc Oc, is a noob who's barely been posting)

3. I am questioned over this but I'm busy irl so I delay answering and keep putting it off until right now


I have more accounts to give lol
Pleased. But also 🤔
 
All these pingys, good gracious.

The reason I'm holding back is because I might cross someone off my list later. But if everyone's so curious, for the record, I currently have pshelty, samac, and you on the list. Lawpy is in between neutral and wolf. Only village lean is fluff because she seems like her usual paranoid self but I did see a weird connection with True I don't like. Anyway, that might change if I could get a little more time please 🙂
Explain your wolf reads gently pls. How are you reading truey?
 
How are people reading this post? Parts of it feel forced to me and I'm more confident in my yeet.

@Potentialfuturevet @alleycat03 @samac I would like to know your thoughts especially and if you think this sounds wolfy or like a defensive villager
It sounds like trying to not show your hand by being angry under pressure. I'll actually

Unyeet Octodoc, yeet violet


For that. Respect as one goofball to another if she's not wolfing and her gut response to a wagon is genuinely "lol y'all wanna take me down OKAY LET'S ROLL", little bit more village goes with me if I go etc

Also I need to re-read the forum. Totally missed this post, probably a few others I haven't read because I'm skimming.
 
All these pingys, good gracious.

The reason I'm holding back is because I might cross someone off my list later. But if everyone's so curious, for the record, I currently have pshelty, samac, and you on the list. Lawpy is in between neutral and wolf. Only village lean is fluff because she seems like her usual paranoid self but I did see a weird connection with True I don't like. Anyway, that might change if I could get a little more time please 🙂
Why those three?
 
Feeling slightly suspicious about you @Lawpy . Around post 1856, any particular reason that you were concerned about April grouping me/unknowns into the POE? Given what's known about me so far, I feel like she had reason to be on the fence.

Sure, I appreciate you challenging me being put into the POE, but it would seem to me that wolves would want to protect some noobier villagers over other villagers so they have some easier bait when the numbers dwindle down.

Protecting me could be protecting easy bait for later
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (2) - AM, Zenge
Violet (5) - April, Lawpy, Pups, meats, Bluey
OctoDoc (1) - Truey
zuri (-)
sporty (1) - Mel

Ineligible: samac

10/20: many missing votes

@violetvett is leading!

Day close: TODAY 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND

1642884777738.png
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (2) - AM, Zenge
Violet (5) - April, Lawpy, Pups, meats, Bluey
OctoDoc (1) - Truey
zuri (-)
sporty (1) - Mel

Ineligible: samac

10/20: many missing votes

@violetvett is leading!

Day close: TODAY 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND

View attachment 348786
Cubs ty 🤗

Craving Chocolate Chip GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feeling slightly suspicious about you @Lawpy . Around post 1856, any particular reason that you were concerned about April grouping me/unknowns into the POE? Given what's known about me so far, I feel like she had reason to be on the fence.

Sure, I appreciate you challenging me being put into the POE, but it would seem to me that wolves would want to protect some noobier villagers over other villagers so they have some easier bait when the numbers dwindle down.

Protecting me could be protecting easy bait for later
I was referring to Oxygens?
 
My POE is feeling like kal, violet, Ivy, zuri, Octo, meats, Oxy, fluff

Why oxygens?

They're one of my neutrals that haven't really said anything that has stuck out to me as particularly wolfy or village yet

I guess i don’t understand why you’re putting a neutral read in your POE

Everyone's in my POE until I have a reason to remove them. It's not a suspected wolf pack

I see 🤔
@OctopusDoctorpus
 
Oh boy, a bandwagon! For me? You shouldn't have! 😊

I've been pretty busy with school and was struggling a little mentally/sleep schedule-wise for a couple days, so sorry for being away. Fellow noobs are probably thinking this is a miya situation, but oh well, I can't do anything about that. Anyway, I'm doing a lot better now, so let's get into it!

I'll be honest, it's a little more exciting this time now that people are suspecting me. During the noob game I had to subtly out myself as a mason pretty early on, but now I get to try to defend myself. Woohoo!

If anyone still thinks I was actually going to go for a 3-way tie, I was joking, folks. The noob game ties were traumatizing enough for me, thank you very much.

(Also, why are some of you going after me for that when Ivy is the one who actually made it a tie? Maybe I missed something since I'm not caught up but that's pretty weird, y'all. Not trying to shift blame on Ivy, but it's weird you focus on the person joking and not the person who actually screwed it up. Definitely making a note of those doing that.)

There's a lot of players since it's early on with no yeets, so ISOing is a little overwhelming. So, I went back to D1 with the knowledge that genny and dubZ are going to die to see if I could figure anything out by taking notes. That was still overwhelming, but a little less so. Currently on page 17 (SO MUCH TALKING), my notes are piling up and I got some suspects. Not going to name them before I write it up, just give a little more time please. Won't respond to any questions until after I finish writing it though, but I will answer them, don't worry.

Also, sorry Zuri for being quiet in the PM. I should be better at that, but I noticed that during my mason PM, I was very quiet in the main thread and people weren't a fan of that. I'll try to strike a better balance though in the future.
Could you actually post them as you go? It would help if I could see how your thoughts evolve.


*ducks and covers as the page length triples*
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (2) - AM, Zenge
Violet (5) - April, Lawpy, Pups, meats, Bluey
OctoDoc (1) - Truey
zuri (-)
sporty (1) - Mel

Ineligible: samac

10/20: many missing votes

@violetvett is leading!

Day close: TODAY 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND

View attachment 348786
I keep forgetting to mention this but I love the random wikiHow picture. Is it supposed to be teaching you how to count scores in bowling? How to bowl in general? None of the above?
 
@Truenamer Save this energy for tomorrow and help me war game someone else for whom I have clouded judgement

You're kind of buying me here, but I want to see how players who know Sporty better weigh in. It moves Sporty into the red zone for me.

Edit: the little efforts to impede village bloc formation really speak to me. I'm a big fan of having a village core formed as a priority.
All the things that you've called her wolfy for are all things I've seen her do as a villager. It's normal for her to have a quick sharp take on a single post and then think the total opposite of that person in another one of their posts. I'd be more worried if it seemed like she felt hesitant to make those types of posts because it does get her called wolfy a lot.
 
Ayo, I am still here. I am still playing. Not caught up but jumping ahead to make my presence known 🙂. Something that's been jumping around in my head is that it was noted that ties are historically bad for village, yet many (11) votes remained on players with 1 or two votes total on them. Why wouldn't it be advantageous to pick among the two/three players leading in votes and switch your vote there. Especially on day 1 where information is at its lowest. Sure, you may not have a super strong feeling toward voting those on the chopping block, but it's hard to have a super strong feeling in any direction this early. Wouldn't you rather take a chance on one of the potentials that has given you the most suspicion rather than leaving the tie which could result in a no kill (free night of wolf killing) or double kill.

Still deciding where I'm leaning for today's vote.
Which Wolfpack buddy of yours is telling you to noob it up on thread?
That is 100% advice I’ve seen people give.
 
I keep forgetting to mention this but I love the random wikiHow picture. Is it supposed to be teaching you how to count scores in bowling? How to bowl in general? None of the above?

Yes...although its actually completely wrong lolol. They are trying to indicate a spare was made in frame 2.

It should read:

[6] [3/] [7 -] 6+10+ first number of next frame (7) = 23. You need the "/" symbol to show a spare.
 
What do you think of how Fluff hasn't suspected me of wolfing at all? It's a surprise to me, but I've been meaning to ask @Truenamer and @justafluff about it because he's said here that he and Fluff are PMing. Tbh I know I'm village but I have a two-game trend of feeling wolfy to people around me, and I'm used to people questioning my affiliation even if they don't yeet me. It's a pretty solid trend.
I'd hate to mistrust you. I can't say there is 0 possibility of you being a wolf, but I haven't found you wolfy in this game or the noob game. I don't see what Sporty said about you, that you're less intuitive or something? I don't see it. You've mostly defended yourself and True, and I agree with your defense and reasoning. I feel the same way about @potentialsheltervet and @puppydogtor even though they've been more aggressive towards me in this game.
But well, since you brought it up, who do you suspect? You said you were surprised when True brought up Sporty as his wolf read.
 
I don't hate this POE. I would think there is likely another veteran in there somewhere? I am guessing there are 4-5 wolves with a couple of veterans and a couple of noobs. We had 13 returning players and 10 noobs sign up.
I'm reluctant to make judgements based on noob/vet ratios because RNG doesn't always fall the way you'd expect it to. Genny was the only vet in the Basics wolf pack of four and I don't recall the overall game ratio but I doubt there were that many more noobs than returning players.
 
Can you explain why Visc is in your wolf reads?Actually I’ve seen Visc’s name on a lot of people’s wolf list, can anyone give me a TL;DR of why?

I keep going back and forth on AM and Sporty the more I stare at their posts. I'm moving AM into my neutrals for now and




###Unvote Zuri###
###Vote Sporty###
I was leaning you village but I don't know what to think of you being worried about AM and sporty

Why AM? Why Sporty?
 
Not game related, but last night I dreamed that someone posted a gif of a person imitating a wolf's howl and I was like "yeet them! There's a wolf!"
I can't deny my newfound WW addiction.
I dreamed that I had made it to end game and everyone was pointing fingers at me and I had no idea how to defend myself and wished I had been killed earlier x)
 
I dreamed that I had made it to end game and everyone was pointing fingers at me and I had no idea how to defend myself and wished I had been killed earlier x)
Oh are you talking about the end of the noob game? :laugh: but seriously when I was NK'd I was thankful
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like i don’t know if AM is reaching here because i can see what Sporty is saying here. It feels like a weird variation of AM vs genny and the unusual extrapolation here (at that time it’s using a Pippy post to make some point on genny, but here it’s using a game from 4 years ago that’s not really similar to the current situation). Feels weird.
I'm reading it as v/v, I agree with Sporty's standpoint in it but it doesn't feel atypical for AM to be so stubborn about previous data points that she believes are significant
 
I do see what others are talking about with VV and zuri and may end up voting there today. I also keep getting occasional pings from YK. Also, while I still think fluff is village, there was a comment she made back when I posted about the NKA when I was catching up that rubbed me the wrong way when I officially caught up to that part in thread. I need to dig it up but it just felt like a misrepresentation of who said what and read strangely to me.
Hey there! I saw your comment about my post and you're right it was an over-generalization. I guess I tried to reflect what others said about genny being bold and seeming sketchy early on in games. When I was replying to you, I was just trying to fill you up on what had been discussed without checking back on that discussion. What I said was mainly based on my own perception of what I felt were the valid points in that discussion.
 
Hey there! I saw your comment about my post and you're right it was an over-generalization. I guess I tried to reflect what others said about genny being bold and seeming sketchy early on in games. When I was replying to you, I was just trying to fill you up on what had been discussed without checking back on that discussion. What I said was mainly based on my own perception of what I felt were the valid points in that discussion.
I'm liking what I've been hearing from Fluffy today
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (2) - AM, Zenge
Violet (5) - April, Lawpy, puppy, meats, blue
OctoDoc (1) - True
zuri () -
Sporty (1) - Mel
Oxygen (1) - Octodoc

Leading: @violetvett

Ineligible: samac

11/20: many missing votes
@youngkal, @alleycat03, @justafluff, @Viscernable, @IvyMoose, @SportPonies, @potentialsheltervet, @violetvett, @WorthlessOxygen

Day close: ~5 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND

1642811032749.png
 
Okay, so back to this post exchange - what felt off to me was the description of genny being "wolfy to a lot of us" but when I looked back I had a hard time finding posts from people aside from fluff describing genny this way.
This is actually a really good catch. Interesting.
And when looking at this further
About the genny kill, I'm more inclined to believe it was a villager who killed her, thinking they are catching a wolf. Genny seemed wolfy to a lot of us.
It starts to seem like maybe genny was going to be a wolf misyeet target, and “speculating” that genny was a village kill was TMI.

Then there’s this weird clearing of YK for the Genny kill.
I think youngkal is in the clear for me atm cause she couldn’t have gone after Genny, Genny convinced Zenge to change votes.
I need to think on this, but for now, I’ve liked Meat’s posts today.

Unyeet Meats
 
Here is my ordered reads list:

Village

True
Pshelty
Samac
Zenge
Lawpy
Mel
AM
VMH
O2
Puppy
Stoat
Kal
~POE starts here~
April
Vis
Zuri
Sporty
Doc ock
Ivy
Violet
Fluff

Wolf

Not a lot has changed since last night, but I wanted to put it in an ordered list instead of categories. Out of Ivy, Violet, & Fluff, I feel confident that one of them is a wolf, if not 2 or 3 of them. They’re ordered on my list because I think fluff is the wolfiest of the three and Ivy is the least wolfy out of that trio, but still wolfier than a lot of other players. Does that make sense?

Edit: I am dumb and forgot two people on my list.
Ok you're still onto me. Im not gonna try to convince you otherwise 🙄
 
I dreamed that I had made it to end game and everyone was pointing fingers at me and I had no idea how to defend myself and wished I had been killed earlier x)
Here you go. You can read it now, or wait for the audiobook version.
 
Here you go. You can read it now, or wait for the audiobook version.
******************************
Will @Animal Midwife be reading the audiobook? I quite enjoy her narrations 😍
******************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad