BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you say "list" do you mean sus list? Why shelty and samac?
No longer concerned with them. Like I said, I would have rather been able to clear my thoughts up before posting, but that wasn't an option sadly.
I'm about to get in the car for the next few hours. I'm not driving, so as long as I have service I will still be around.


Yeet Violet
Why? Because everyone else is doing it? My dumb joke?
 
I like this poast. WIFOM arguments engage my eyebrows when they’re made as a defense or as a “we can never read into anything ever, give up” flop; pointing out that you’ve seen a post made by wolves and would make that post yourself as a wolf has nothing to do with that sort of WIFOM in my eyes
1. Poast sounds like roast + post lol, I'm going to use that unironically when someone posts a zinger at some point
2. Vissy you've ignored my questions, did I miss your answer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what?
I don’t even get where this game from.
To me, violet's post sounded like she was suspecting you of killing genny because you wanted to yeet her (I guess?). I was giving my interpretation of that quote, which was just that genny felt odd to you but since you'd never played with her as a wolf you didn't know how she would be different versus villager!genny. Violet's "bad reasons all around" was baffling to me since I didn't think your original post sounded strange at all and it seemed like a massive jump. Maybe that isn't what she was implying but that was my interpretation.
 
Thanks for catching this! I missed it since I didn't get the ping on the original post!
@puppydogtor Since you mentioned me.I'm going to break my thoughts down on this post point by point. I don't know everything others have said at the moment since I was on a walk to placate my stomach and I'm about a page and a half behind but here goes.
Right off the bat, the first chunk is very passive-aggressive and feels more like a wolf-cover joke than a frustrated villager joke. I recognize part of this may be because tone is difficult to decipher through the internet but I don't like the wording.
It's totally understandable to get busy with school and I wouldn't expect anyone to put their mental health aside for a game. But why bring up ~the miya situation~ when no one was drawing attention to it in any sort of way? I didn't even think to draw parallels until you mentioned it, so now I'm more suspicious than I would've been had you said nothing. It's okay to be busy with school and not posting much. You didn't need to throw in "but it's not like with that wolf in the noob game!" because now it's like you're being too defensive.
The game is more exciting when you're under suspicion, so I can't argue with this part. It's also insanely frustrating to know you're village and have people suspect you and not listen to what you're saying, so I wouldn't say it's fun.
I can't argue with this either. The noob game ties were a dumpster fire so I accept the clarification that you were joking, but I'm going to be honest and say I don't even remember you making a joke about this. All I remember is Ivy yeeting Vis past yeet close in an apparent effort to make a 3 way tie for some ungodly reason. I also don't remember seeing anyone calling you out for the joke but please quote some if I missed it. I've been skimming parts of the thread because people won't stop posting and it's hard to keep up. I didn't realize how much the noob game eased us into that part! But it's worth noting that Ivy DIDN'T make a 3 way tie because they posted after yeet close, and I'm baffled as to how you didn't realize that.
I would've preferred you not mention that you're "getting suspects" based on the dubz/genny deaths N1. We don't know for sure which one, if either, or both were wolf kills. Basing your whole player analysis on the assumption that we know why they died and who killed them is tenuous, to say the least. It also concerns me that you're alluding to the fact you'll be writing it up and won't answer any questions until you're done because it makes me feel like you're consulting with others to get your write-up clear, like it wolfchat.
So I'd like you to address my points here. At the moment I'm finding this fairly incriminating but I want to see how you respond to what I've said.
Let me answer/analyze your analysis then.

1. Oh no, violet made another dumb joke, she's a wolf!!! This is getting tiring, y'all.
2. I brought up the miya situation because it was implied before towards octo super early on D1. Miya wasn't named, but the noob game thing was def brought up.
3. Well, now it's not fun because the reasoning is weird to me :laugh: I like debating but if your main point is that someone made a joke, that's kind of frustrating to try to defend.
4. I was definitely called out for the joke, I've put the quotes in my other novel of a post, I think.
5. The reason I didn't want to write it up is because my read will change over time. I stated this up front and like I expected, folks are still judging my opinions on stuff that happened a day ago that I'm only now analyzing. I don't think I'll be able to answer all of these since even I recognize that my judgements are probably outdated. But I'm digging my own grave by NOT answering so that's still wolfy apparently. So here I am knowing that whatever I say will probably end up with me being misyeeted anyway -_-
 
I'm sorry, but given that you fake role-revealed before you were yeeted (and a wolf) in speed game I don't think I would believe your role reveal this go around.
Oh hey, I wasn't sure if people would look at the speed game or not, but thanks for bringing it up! If you actually read it, you'll notice I talked a bit but in general tried my best not to call attention to myself and it worked until my wolf friend Pippy was yeeted and it was the endgame. So if I'm using the same tactics as a speed game as with your logic (which is totally different, I would not have wolfed the same in a speed game as in a standard game), then how come I'm drawing all this attention to myself?
 
What does this mean?
Dana in the noob game posted a bunch of in-depth ISOs. She turned out to be a wolf.
True also posted an in-depth ISO. Perhaps he's using the same tactic as Dana.
I'm not really concerned with that right now because I am much more suspicious of Octo and Ivy.
 
For purposes of official roles and mechanics her role is considered vanilla, but had a 1x ability modifier. But feel free to debate the semantics.
*******
I'm a nilla wafer with a little extra spice. Yum.
*******
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if I'm using the same tactics as a speed game as with your logic (which is totally different, I would not have wolfed the same in a speed game as in a standard game), then how come I'm drawing all this attention to myself?
It seems your participation in the thread in this game was relatively minimal until your wagon grew to the size it is now
 
Dana in the noob game posted a bunch of in-depth ISOs. She turned out to be a wolf.
True also posted an in-depth ISO. Perhaps he's using the same tactic as Dana.
I'm not really concerned with that right now because I am much more suspicious of Octo and Ivy.
I mean, ISOs are part of the game regardless of affiliation. Do you have thoughts about the content of his ISOs?

And am I understanding correctly that you don't think wolves are voting for you right now?
 
I... played it? I'm not saying you're playing exactly the same as the speed game. I'm saying you already fake role revealed in that game so there's a precedent.
I'm not finding anything in your responses that make me feel like you're a villager.
Sorry, I forgot 🙃 I've been typing for 4 hours now, please forgive me. Yep, I know, I've already acknowledged that anything else I say will be held against me. After I'm done answering everyone's questions I'll try to look back and write something useful before I'm yeeted. I accept my fate, not really sure what else I can do to prove my innocence at this point.
 
I was never voting @violetvett for a joke.
I already said why I'm voting, and it's because the reasoning for your yeet on me yesterday didn't make sense to me. You still haven't said why you chose to yeet me over others who had no reasons for their votes. Also your defense has sounded wolfy and I just read a long post you made that doesn't clear you but tries to go after other players. And like Pshelty said, you are starting to sound more like a frustrated villager so I'm confused
 
Does anyone else want to look into Ivy or Octo? You know, on the off chance, I'm ~miraculously~ village.

(I just found a lovely gif that is literally perfect for my incoming misyeet. So hey, that'll be fun to show!)
 
I was never voting @violetvett for a joke.
I already said why I'm voting, and it's because the reasoning for your yeet on me yesterday didn't make sense to me. You still haven't said why you chose to yeet me over others who had no reasons for their votes. Also your defense has sounded wolfy and I just read a long post you made that doesn't clear you but tries to go after other players. And like Pshelty said, you are starting to sound more like a frustrated villager so I'm confused
Yeah, I'm conflicted now on violet because I was almost certain she was a wolf and then when she said she was giving up I thought that sounded village.
For now, yeet violetvett.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I’ve explained this 15 times and I’m starting to feel suspicious of anyone challenging this logic which is dead simple: the wolves killed DubZ; DubZ had a list of likely wolves; We should be suspicious of the people at the top of that list.

I understand that there’s a lot of people saying “oh the wolves wouldn’t do that! that could paint a target on their back!” But by that same token It seems like the wolves could rely on people assuming that they wouldn’t do that, so it’s still somewhat safe. And I think it’s worth inverting it… if DubZ DIDN’T have any wolves at the top of their list, why not let them stay alive and advocate for yeeting some villagers? I’m not saying that 100% all the people at the top of the DubZ list are wolves, but it feels pretty unlikely to me that none of those orange people in DubZ’s list would be wolves. Beyond that, I have very little confidence in my tonal reads on people so I’d just like to vote for whoever has other strong wolf consensus around them and is high on DubZ’s list.
I understand that, I mean specifically the part I bolded. What about the way people have reacted changed your read of the situation?
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally (as of post 2030)

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (7) - April, Lawpy, puppy, meats, blue, alley, shelty
OctoDoc (1) - True
zuri () -
Sporty (1) - Mel
Oxygen (1) - Octodoc
Ivy (1) - violet
Fluff (1) - Sporty

Leading: @violetvett

Ineligible: samac

14/20
missing:
@youngkal @justafluff @Viscernable @IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen @Zenge142

Day close: 2.33333333333 hours 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
 
Does anyone else want to look into Ivy or Octo? You know, on the off chance, I'm ~miraculously~ village.

(I just found a lovely gif that is literally perfect for my incoming misyeet. So hey, that'll be fun to show!)
I really really want to believe you. Cause I joked too and felt super frustrated on D1. I don't like you throwing attention to @samac cause I followed her logic for genny and have liked her posts in general. Samac and AM have been making sound comments so they seem very much villagers to me. I know I hate to judge by tones because you're in a very different situation than the noob game and the speed game, but I don't like your finger-pointing in this one. I don't know who brought it up, but any reason you didn't brainstorm with @zuriburi since you had the chance?
Anw, as for @IvyMoose , I want to hear more from her, so I'll wait for her to show up before voting.
 
Yeet fluff

I think that’s what I’m most reasonably convinced by right now. Violet is sounding pretty village defending in the last page or two
Wait, didn't you just say that the random votes could be wolves defending a packmate? and you chose to do a random yeet?
EDIT- better phrasing
 
Last edited:
You’re honestly getting to the top of my wolf list because I feel like I’m laying out plenty of reasonable stuff and you keep asking me for “YOUR take” and I’m sorry I don’t think that’s as valuable as what im saying and the whole attitude feels like a way to draw attention from my line of reasoning.
I feel so weird about this post because zuri’s earlier responses to pressure from Mel and clarification on what they felt was off about my questioning of true made me feel much better about them, but this feels excessively reactive and like a possible avoidance of giving village reads.
 
Currently considering Sporty, April, youngkal, fluffy, and zuri. Confused because there’s no one that I’ve had purely wolf pings without any village pings from, and many of them seem incompatible (don’t remember precisely who since I’m trying to focus on evaluating individuals until a wolf flip, but I know I’ve seen my wolf leans pushing each other)
 
I have to head out for a bit but I'm down to listen to anything that could clear Violet when I get back. Ivy is very suspicious (she too had a wolfy tone in her posts and didn't strategize much but tried to cause a 3 way tie) and I haven't stopped looking into her. Violet just gave us more content today.
 
@Viscernable I find it odd that you aren't concerned with the wagon on Violet and are focused only on others. Are you reading her as a villager or wolf?

Potential and April get village points for trying to look into others since they are concerned about yeeting a possible villager
 
Currently considering Sporty, April, youngkal, fluffy, and zuri. Confused because there’s no one that I’ve had purely wolf pings without any village pings from, and many of them seem incompatible (don’t remember precisely who since I’m trying to focus on evaluating individuals until a wolf flip, but I know I’ve seen my wolf leans pushing each other)
Sporty just yeeted me. So who's the wolf according to you?
 
Does anyone else want to look into Ivy or Octo? You know, on the off chance, I'm ~miraculously~ village.

(I just found a lovely gif that is literally perfect for my incoming misyeet. So hey, that'll be fun to show!)
You’ve pointed me out multiple times, why are you not asking people to look into me and look into the 2 people that aren’t here?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All of vmh's mentions of violet
Kind of felt like that vote came out of the blue once violet was gaining some sus but there were only three votes on violet before that and it's not exactly late in the cycle
In my massive reads list this morning I did mention at the very end that I would likely end up voting between zuri or violet today. I actually had a bunch of violet's posts quoted but they were the ones that got eaten by SDN and I emotionally gave up on digging them up again

Sorry that I was away! To explain, from my understanding there are like 4-5ish wolves, and 20ish of us total. Fewer, after D1. So the chance of throwing a dart and hitting a wolf is ~20%.

Me feeling that you're more like 60% to be a wolf is a big jump, in that regard.

And, likewise, when I said that AM was ~85-90% villager it wasn't a massive jump from the baseline in my mind.

Most of us are village.
You didn't answer my last question - is there anyone you're reading more wolfy than sporty?
 
I mean, ISOs are part of the game regardless of affiliation. Do you have thoughts about the content of his ISOs?

And am I understanding correctly that you don't think wolves are voting for you right now?
Yeah, I agreed with the content and feel like I would go around with the same logic.

(True's post is below this for clarity and ease.) I agree with True that normal banter is ideal for a wolf at the beginning, it initiates trust, especially for noobs. While it does have a very noob air to it, I do like not trusting a vote based on a joke (for obvious reasons). I also agree that Sporty seems to be making a couple reaches and accusations without solid reasoning. All of Wolf's reasoning makes sense to me and just comes off super village.

But I also agreed with Dana on tons of points in the noob game and guess what? She turned out to be a bussing wolf. If I had to go with my gut though (ignoring the Dana situation that is), I would place True in the village leaning category.
Wow, this took a bit. Going to preface this with a big disclaimer: after going through all this, I'm not convinced one way or the other that SportPonies is a wolf. Heck, she leans villager. But I think the way she's been playing does have a pattern that would be perfectly consistent with a wolf.

EDIT- Added spoilers.

First ten posts or so, the 12 hours, are normal banter. High energy, a crack at Stoat, no real pings.
Then we get this one, which kind of starts it. A bit brusque, no reasoning, just rejection. I acknowledge that my initial read of AM doesn't align with the way y'all tend to play, but the approach here feels like it's asking for contention.

Early game:
Again, not a huge ping, just... contentious, in an unnecessary way.


Okay, here's where it starts to feel weird to me. And again, let me acknowledge that my cavalier "AM is 85-90% village" statement was overly bold (but also got the conversation started, so mission accomplished). (Also AM is village, standing by it)

Pony made the "words in my mouth" statement again when AM wasn't really doing that, and she throw doubt on any read based on previous games. Saying that it's way too early, we need to take time. Who wins these games if the villagers sit back and take lots of time?


Very next comment, casting doubt on a different person's ability to make an early read (Dubz, in this case). This time, it's not a wet-behind-the-ears noob, it's people who have played together and know each other. She's not being blatant about it, but still chiming in to tell people to cool their jets on early reads and slow the process down.


She says there's a difference, but still casts doubt on both things.

After that there's a good stretch of posts that I find perfectly agreeable, and then:
Speculation on three people (all who various people pong as wolfy at the time), but her own reasons for painting them with the brush are extremely vague. "Low hanging fruit something or other?" Blue's hardly the only person to question Octo's strange posting behavior.


And this begins a push on samac. Not sure how I feel about her, personally, but the vigor with which she go after her seems very strange for someone who's spent most of the game so far emphasizing how uncertain Day 1 reads are.


I'm not the only one who notices this.

Then more on this line:
Big reach on Blue here; obviously someone's play is going to feel different when you don't have full behind-the-scenes information on the game. And the weird thing is, Pony is obviously smart and knows that. So... why? In my opinion, it's because at this point Blue has become an easy/safe villager to target.


A pretty wild statement given how much doubt she threw on people making assumptions from a relatively small number of statements at the beginning of the game.



Back on the samac train with, again, an accusation with no meat behind it.


Now we get to today. Me this time, and it's again a quick and relatively strong-worded accusation with very little heft behind it.


Clouding/obfuscating someone's fairly well laid-out reasoning like this feels bad.


And again, oddly heavy with the wolf-colored paint.

And today:
And here we go! What kicked off this little back and forth today... was Ponies casting shade over someone's opinion developing, in a game about developing your opinions on people (and in which a truly massive amount of background material exists for some of the players).




So then we get this- vague message, direct pushback on me, another vague message. When read in real time, felt pretty obvious who you were discussing (since most people have correctly read me as a clumsy newby villager, and said as much). Feels quite obvious that I'm the new target (lucky for samac and blue and Mel and Vis and YK, I suppose).


And here's the true weirdness; I say I'm going to look over your posts, and immediately the bristles come out. And we have the words-in-mouth thing that we saw with AM way earlier; I never said a thing about questions or asking questions. It came out of thin air, presumably to make me seem irrational? A very strange decision either way, since everyone can just read our posts.


If grilling someone can't change our opinions on them, what the heck is the point of any of this? Very strange thing to say, feels like you don't like the attention and have gone into full deflection mode.


Continuing the deflection mode, we now move into deescalation. If we were to assume wolf!Sport, this is meant to bring an end to the discussion and send attention to other people before folks who know her better and are better at the game start to get curious.


If this is genuine, I'm sorry. If not, it's clean manipulation that makes the reader feel bad for you, take your posts in a different light, and make you feel better so you want to stay in the community. I wouldn't accuse someone of emotional manipulation like that normally, but we're playing a game where ~20% of the players are supposed to do exactly that.

And after that, a full shift in the discussion does happen.


And here, the final deescalation. You throw me a bone! Thank you for that. It's also what wolf!Ponies would do to tie a bow on a slightly elevated situation, especially since I hadn't posted this pile of a post yet.

Thanks for reading. I hope Ponies isn't a wolf, in which case I hope she enjoys this game and doesn't retire from werewolfing.


I'd be a pretty bottom-of-the-barrel researcher if I wasn't willing to have my views changed or attenuated after doing a detailed literature search. I went into the ISO more confident that she was a wolf than I came out of it.
I 100% relate to this, it's a pretty villager statement. First hand experiencing this as people wanted to see my reasoning while working through the posts but then pointing fingers at me since I didn't take into account future posts I hadn't seen yet.

And am I understanding correctly that you don't think wolves are voting for you right now?
I mean, there's probably at least one wolf in there, but I'm a pretty easy target for a village or wolf vote. It's obviously not a 100% wolf vote, since that would be pretty dumb considering I'll flip village.

(Going to go get some food and tea to clear my head. Sorry for the long posts, but that's what happens when I'm not up to date on the thread (yeah, I've learned my lesson).