BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please note this entire post is just jokes and you don't have to read it if you don't want to feel joy

Why do I keep seeing this nickname used for Octo lol
Doc Ock GIF
This is actually a really good catch. Interesting.
And when looking at this further

It starts to seem like maybe genny was going to be a wolf misyeet target, and “speculating” that genny was a village kill was TMI.

Then there’s this weird clearing of YK for the Genny kill.

I need to think on this, but for now, I’ve liked Meat’s posts today.

Unyeet Meats
Omg y'all, I did it, zenge unyeeteed me AND he gave me about twenty notifications because he thinks I'm funny. I'd like to thank the academy
This was concerning me, but I’m wavering on whether it feels like intentionally going for low-hanging fruit (noobs, a returning player new to most of us, and meats)
I'm obsessed with the fact that I got my own low hanging fruit category
@Animal Midwife has vmh bussed before?
Oh yeah, and I've bussed hard before when other wolves on my team **** up
See? AM confirms my sordid past
I see the word bandwagon being thrown around a lot so I wanted to clarify the definition.

A bandwagon is when several votes accrue in a small window of time (like 5 new votes for one person within 15 minutes). Not every wagon is a bandwagon.
I prefer a station wagon myself
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This has a lot from D1 so sorry in advance..... *EDITED to remove things I didnt end up commenting on*
I second that, I was AM's sidecar in the BoWWnty game and her attitude was similar to what I see here. I think she legit got annoyed at genny. But I also buy that genny's vote on AM was a joke and then she prolonged that conversation. The whole genny - AM discussion doesn't seem wolfy to me yet.
ok - so when i said this it wasnt enough for mel?? Conflicting feelings, probs why I find myself frequently frustrated with Mel but for me hes leaning village. See quote further down -- i hate that i cant move them after the fact


The whole "AM is 90% village" thing within 4-6 pages of game thread is what I hold issue with, save for select few mechanical circumstances which really shouldn't be coming up in the first day of play unless necessary.

You are once again putting words in my mouth because I don't have an issue with cross-referencing. I think the certainty of the read this early, on a player historically difficult for many to read, is ripe for misdirection and caution should be heeded.
Spicy SP


My post below was to Fluff
I mean theres still no posts so why remove my pressure vote? Are you just concerned because im coming after one of your wolf friends??? should i be looking more at you like others??

Just yeeted youngkal for the reason I brought up above (pressure vote someone to show up doesn't seem legit) and then threatening that if I don't like it they'll go on my bandwagon.
I did not say I was going to jump on any bandwagon but rather maybe should be looking at them with their level of defense. This still rubs me the wrong way.


I do agree that the phrasing of kal's response to fluff felt a little aggressive, though I didn't read it exactly in context so I'll have to find it again
i didn't find it aggressive at all. fluff pressured kal to move a vote without a reason for moving it, and kal questioned fluff's motive for that pressure. if anything, fluff's yeet is an overreaction.
Lol I frequently get called aggress but thanks Genny <3

It's not really pressure if it goes away before anything comes from it though. Piled on votes definitely cause more pressure
Yes, my reason for not moving even when IVY popped on for 2 seconds.


I was planning to yeet youngkal because I don't buy the vote on Ivy before they threatened to come after me.
again.....

I haven't really thought about genny. I don't like Octopus voting for Ivy for the same reason youngkal did, but not sure they are a true noob or not. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I just didn;t like them both pressure voting Ivy to just show up.

I definitely see where this is coming from.

I’ve felt better about Fluff overall with their latest set of posts… I think I want to see where this goes. Also stoat was pretty pingy in the noob game too, so I’m willing to give it some time.

Unyeet Stoat
Yeet Kal

Yeet Kal
Post 934 made me feel a little suspicious. It just seemed like a heavier response than was necessary with the question marks and the wolf accusation. Not a very heavy feeling, but it's the best I've got on this D1.
Based on 1 message with some extra "??" makes me wonder if we were too close to getting a wolf D1


I gotta go where the read takes me

Yeet stoats

@WildZoo why stoat? Because I'm curious if it's the same reason I'm feeling.
@Animal Midwife -- you asked me why and this is why. I saw a vote move to bluey and then SP was saying that maybe they could get behind it and then the WZ post that said Bluey was close is why I settled here.

Cant moved this post to where it fits above but its Mel saying that the village reads I gave werent enough.
It’s sketchy. your reads on me, AM, genny, we’re lackluster and had no real reasoning behind them.

My neWW years resolution is to be nicer.


Hmm the stoaty votes were based on this, among other reasons


Also the vote progression suggests resistance to the vissy wagon and the rapid pile-on on YK
Again this!!! I feel like there was a wolf underpressure somewhere


My thoughts on genny: not a wolf kill.


I would be surprised if she was killed by wolves. I had genny on my neutral/leaning wolf list. I found it strange that she yeeted Ivy for inactivity and said that she would change her vote if Ivy came on and "spewed village," yet when Ivy came on genny didn't seem to react to it much.


this conversation between genny & zenge stuck out to me


genny defended kal in regards to kal's (aggressive?) comment towards fluff.

genny barely had any posts and this is really all I could pick up on. Makes me think that genny was killed by village/neutral and that maybe ivy, zenge, or fluff felt a little threatened. I do also think that might not be what happened, as the info on genny is small and since I've narrowed down to three people so quickly it feels very ballsy and not something I could see fluff or zenge doing. Ivy however I am stuck on, due to them wanting to cause a three way tie, I don't think I would be as surprised if they were involved with this
I feel like genny didnt change because Ivy really didnt come in to say much 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ more discussion on this post below


I like that logic a lot. It might be a villager. Genny was on my wolfier list as well and I was going to investigate her today. So maybe one of the villagers thought that indeed they are catching a wolf. It could also be that Ivy is a wolf, and Genny was an experienced and bold enough player. But she wasn't really onto Ivy that much, so it would be very risky for Ivy to have gone after genny just because genny yeeted her for inactivity
Im torn what to make of this Genny dead with Ivy comments -- discussed further down this post was just relevant.

I just don't get why all of their votes came seemingly out of the blue, and imo not for any super great reasons. Like I'm just not seeing why either of them deserved to be yeeted? Even after reading that part of the thread
Thank you - it felt very weird.

I'm getting pretty tired but I want to be completely caught up before I go to sleep. Here are my reads as of page 32. I don't think they will change a lot based on the next few pages.

Vets I'm feeling good about: AM, Mel, Zenge, Samac
Neutral Vets: VMH, Lawpy, Kal
Wolfy Vets/?????? (aka idk how to read them but they all seem sus): Sporty, Vis, April

Village-y Noobs: Pshelty and True
Neutral Noobs: Zuri, Puppydogtor, OctDoc, WorthlessO2, Stoat
Wolfy Noobs: Fluffy, violet, ivy

For the noobs, I am having a hard time distinguishing between noobness and actual wolfiness. Because a lot of it stands out to me and makes me cringe (not in a bad way, just can't think of a synonym) because it seems so incredibly wolf-like, but then I see a noob do it and I have a crisis over whether or not they're a wolf or just a noob.
I saved because I agree with some of their reads. I have AM, Mel and Lawpy more village. SP more wolf unsure on other returners. I also felt Fluff and Ivy as wolfie and other noobs I have minimal feels for.


Yeah, going to agree with samacs here. This is weird.
wish i remember why i pinned this ----
Don’t like Mel mainly cuz they’re giving me a hard time. Suspicious of April and vis because of the way they played in early game
Ahhh typical Mel - i got these feels too but its just mel being mel (although ive never see him wolf)

The tie thing was hella wolfy to me. It came off weird and she kind of attempted to say it didn’t matter and was a joke, then said she was serious, and it ended up being all confusing and it stood out to me as a noob wolf being clumsy and trying not to trip up when it gathered more attention and scrutiny.
Alley hitting all my feels. I thought I quoted them but I didnt so I will explain here. Ivy wasnt around most of the day and didnt really contribute much when they did come on but yet I took a hit for staying on my pressure vote (ON DAY 1) even after there were others, we werent questioned as a group, but me alone? Its day 1 and i didnt have feels for the votes that were gaining speed so why not stay where i wanted? Maybe WW has changed but ill keep voting where i have feels. I still dont feel great about Ivy because of the defense that was started against me (im looking at you fluff). I didnt like the Ivy didnt give a vote and then wanted to vote Genny but didnt and was going to make a 3-way tie instead? Rubs me wrong. Maybe im going too far here but then i wonder if Ivy is wolf and took out Genny or if she has some one time shot and took out Genny.


YK has been acting weird and defensive from the Ivy vote, stoat and a couple others have noted this. Lots of looking at Zenge's posting history right now (honestly not sure how this is super relevant, but dubz was leading this initiative). Dubz, lawpy, and potential also started looking at stoaty for the YK thing.
Did/do you have a reason other than my 1-2 posts? I feel a lot of well others said this sooooo its enough -- not a fan

Um, what are you confused about? It was because of the strange tone that fluff noted, even I remember that from like 20 pages ago. Woofy.
I'm confused as to how a few ?? made so many people suspicious and how in no time I was "WOLF" but look your claiming exactly what I said yesterday........ hows it feel

Ivy has been 100% missing and not said anything really helpful. Everyone has ignored this and piled on me instead.
Id say careful but youve already got the votes id warn you against 😂😂😂😂
Dana in the noob game posted a bunch of in-depth ISOs. She turned out to be a wolf.
True also posted an in-depth ISO. Perhaps he's using the same tactic as Dana.
I'm not really concerned with that right now because I am much more suspicious of Octo and Ivy.
im still skeptical of Ivy
 
@samac if you could vote today who would you vote for?
I would be on the violet wagon right now.
I wasn’t wolf reading her when the day started, but I find it odd that she’s called out me multiple times as wolfy but is telling us to go for the 2 low posters who aren’t here to defend themselves.
If she flips wolf it’ll resolve octo for me because I don’t see a reason to push a packmate that hard.
 
(True's post is below this for clarity and ease.) I agree with True that normal banter is ideal for a wolf at the beginning, it initiates trust, especially for noobs. While it does have a very noob air to it, I do like not trusting a vote based on a joke (for obvious reasons). I also agree that Sporty seems to be making a couple reaches and accusations without solid reasoning. All of Wolf's reasoning makes sense to me and just comes off super village.
Hey @violetvett what do you mean by that?
 
I just don’t understand why bring up “it sounds like they have knowledge of this role existing”
It was poorly worded and I was very sleep-deprived since it was like 1am. I’ve never heard of that role before but maybe it exists. I’m pretty sure it was just a creative tinfoil she came up with
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dubz wasn't vanilla.

Regardless, there's no way of knowing for certain which actions were used on either of them even if both were wolf kills.
I’m so glad that when I get ready to explain something to a noob, 90% of the time AM has already explained it :laugh:

Also, for @justafluff, pretty much no PRs have instant results. The only thing I can think of is when an innocent child wants to be declared on the thread and the mods could have an instant IC post. But I’ve never heard of a seer who got instant results.
 
wait when?! how the hell do you remember these things
She's like a super computer. Meanwhile I forgot I accidentally locked my cat in my bedroom for like four hours today and that's while I was on my living room couch listening to him yelling at me through the door the whole time
 
I had a side note for feels as I went

Wolf vibes- Zenge, Bluey, SP, ivymoose, fluff
Mid range - Bluey, PSV, Octo, True, Samac, vis
Village vibes- AM, Mel, Lawpy, Genny and WZ (but obvi they flipped)

Others Im not as sure or they didnt pop out as much at me. I would like to ISO violet before I vote on that. Im also a fan of sticking to my guns and may go back to ivy
 
I really really want to believe you. Cause I joked too and felt super frustrated on D1. I don't like you throwing attention to @samac cause I followed her logic for genny and have liked her posts in general. Samac and AM have been making sound comments so they seem very much villagers to me. I know I hate to judge by tones because you're in a very different situation than the noob game and the speed game, but I don't like your finger-pointing in this one. I don't know who brought it up, but any reason you didn't brainstorm with @zuriburi since you had the chance?
Anw, as for @IvyMoose , I want to hear more from her, so I'll wait for her to show up before voting.
I don't why people think that this PM is the same as a mason PM? In the noob game mason PM it was confirmed that my fellow PMer was village. I don't have that affiliation confirmation with zuri, so I don't feel like I can bounce ideas off them in the same way. In fact, if zuri is a wolf, it would probably be detrimental to tell them what I'm thinking. Besides all that, I wasn't able to really look at the thread, so I wouldn't have been able to talk to zuri either since I hadn't seen anything to form an opinion.
 
I had a side note for feels as I went

Wolf vibes- Zenge, Bluey, SP, ivymoose, fluff
Mid range - Bluey, PSV, Octo, True, Samac, vis
Village vibes- AM, Mel, Lawpy, Genny and WZ (but obvi they flipped)

Others Im not as sure or they didnt pop out as much at me. I would like to ISO violet before I vote on that. Im also a fan of sticking to my guns and may go back to ivy
why is zenges in your wolfreads?
 
I had a side note for feels as I went

Wolf vibes- Zenge, Bluey, SP, ivymoose, fluff
Mid range - Bluey, PSV, Octo, True, Samac, vis
Village vibes- AM, Mel, Lawpy, Genny and WZ (but obvi they flipped)

Others Im not as sure or they didnt pop out as much at me. I would like to ISO violet before I vote on that. Im also a fan of sticking to my guns and may go back to ivy
Why is Zenge a wolf vibe?

Why is True neutral?
 
why is zenges in your wolfreads?
man it was probs something back in day 1 -- didnt write notes next to my thoughts and I figured i quoted things to save me. Id have to relook bc i read all 41 pages today :dead:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh boy, not again. You guys are literally going to misyeet me because of a dumb joke I made 🤦‍♀️ Sigh.
Hey, Alley, what about Ivy? You know, the actually tie-attempter?
Idk if you noticed, but she’s right there next to you in my POE. She’s had slightly less sketchy lupine posts, so you’re the winner of my yeet vote today.
 
I had a side note for feels as I went

Wolf vibes- Zenge, Bluey, SP, ivymoose, fluff
Mid range - Bluey, PSV, Octo, True, Samac, vis
Village vibes- AM, Mel, Lawpy, Genny and WZ (but obvi they flipped)

Others Im not as sure or they didnt pop out as much at me. I would like to ISO violet before I vote on that. Im also a fan of sticking to my guns and may go back to ivy
Not on a computer but just fyi I don't recall what violet is even talking about with saying I thought you were weirdly defensive. I need to look through my own posts but I mostly think I've been avoiding an opinion on you because you're busy
 
I feel like getting wagoned in the noob game has put her on defensive, but that's a fair point. You've been really chill and borderline helpful to me during this game, even though I yeeted you! Why dis. Is it because I seem noob village?
I’m not sure how to read you yet.

As I said D1, the village points are largely about how your seem to be approaching the game from a curious and experimental standpoint. Not afraid to say things which may have poor optics if they help you get a read of people, and your joking about being a wolf has felt a lot less nervous than I’d expect a noob wolf to be.

I’m still confused by why you said it feels icky that there were so many votes on me. I see your post about your reasoning for voting but I don’t understand the connection to what you said in your post. But again, I struggle to see any reason for a wolf to have said it.

Yesterday you had some posts that seemed overly defensive of True and fluff that had me concerned. Today I feel worse about your tone because there have been a few posts of pre-emptively defensive WIFOM and performative “oh no I could never be clever enough to do that as a wolf”.
 
Unyeet Ivy, yeet Octo.

Ivy hasn't posted as much, but we know for sure that Octo has been active before in the PM. Things just don't add up, I've already said why in my longer posts.
 
No longer concerned with them. Like I said, I would have rather been able to clear my thoughts up before posting, but that wasn't an option sadly.

Why? Because everyone else is doing it? My dumb joke?
I already laid out my explanations in my previous posts today. You and fluff are the two people I have as my wolfiest reads. Hardly anyone agrees with me on fluff, but a lot of people have picked up on the same sus stuff you’ve said that bothered me too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad