Breaks/Food for exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlesuccess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you all planning your breaks? Also, what are you planning on bringing to eat?

Members don't see this ad.

How are you all planning your breaks? Also, what are you planning on bringing to eat?

Yogurt / Banana / granola bar. 30 mins for lunch. 8 mins to eat 22 mins to digest. ( Very bad stomach when I am nervous) or stressed

All we need is the permit and drivers liscence rite?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that it's been asked in earlier threads, but still:
so, we are generally allowed to write down on those laminated papers whatever we want and whenever we want. and it won't be considered as misbehavior or violation of discipline or whatever if after beginning of tutorial I would write down every mnemonic I remember, right?

I mean what would you write down? Most of the stuff you can write down are probably in your brain already

I mean what would you write down? Most of the stuff you can write down are probably in your brain already

yes, it is, but there is stuff that is easier to write down when your brain is clear than try to remember it during test when you're under time pressure. like, aminoacids, viral taxonomy, a,b,D,NMDA,5-HT receptors (Gprotein, ligand, tyrosine kinase...).
i'm sure that 15 minutes for tutorial would be more than enough, then why not use it for writing down mnemonics. and during test all you need to do is just have a look at it and that's it.

I read that some students went for their break, took FA out of lockers, read some stuff they needed and came back to write it down on laminated paper, which in my opinion is very stupid way to spend your break time

yes, it is, but there is stuff that is easier to write down when your brain is clear than try to remember it during test when you're under time pressure. like, aminoacids, viral taxonomy, a,b,D,NMDA,5-HT receptors (Gprotein, ligand, tyrosine kinase...).
i'm sure that 15 minutes for tutorial would be more than enough, then why not use it for writing down mnemonics. and during test all you need to do is just have a look at it and that's it.

I read that some students went for their break, took FA out of lockers, read some stuff they needed and came back to write it down on laminated paper, which in my opinion is very stupid way to spend your break time

time for me to sleep. long day at the NY prometric center tomorrow. My head is dizzy from reading FA -_-

My preferred nutrition to keep my energy levels steady during heavy exercise is a simple whey protein milk shake. For test day I would add in some chocolate quik syrup (no fructose) to your taste to keep your blood sugar levels somewhat higher than normal for your brain to feast on. Worked like a charm for me as I honestly did not feel fatigued during the exam. You may want to test it out before the exam since drastic changes to your diet can have unexpected effects; hope it helps you though.:thumbup:

I wrote down all the biostats equations, which turned out to really save me. I had more than 10 biostats questions requiring calculations and I may have been too frazzled to remember each of the equations had I not written them down at the beginning.

I wrote down all the biostats equations, which turned out to really save me. I had more than 10 biostats questions requiring calculations and I may have been too frazzled to remember each of the equations had I not written them down at the beginning.

I personally did not write them down before starting, but I looked at these the day before. I think that is one of the most helpful things to do the day before your exam, even if you plan to take the day off -- just spend some mins lightly reviewing equations (esp biostats)