BU March Decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dago

University of Kentucky
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when we should expect to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when we should expect to hear back?

Dr. Witzburg was not specific in his email. He said in his email, "We plan to complete our interviews by the end of February, and in late March we will send a letter to each candidate who completed the application process with us this year."

late march r u serious u cannot b serious

yeah, I dug up the email and it does indeed say late march.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else feel great after that interview but slowly and steadily convinced yourself that you actually did terrible over the past month or two? lol

In a reply from the admissions office on the message center, they said that all decisions will be released in two weeks.

Did they tell us on interview day that we had to send in our transcripts before or after being accepted? I sort of remember them wanting them before, and that they didn't have to be official transcripts. Anybody remember?

I am pretty sure that in our closing session, Dr. Witzburg said sometime in the last week of March. But hey, if JennyB is right, I'm not complaining . . .

Xild, I think they wanted a copy of our unofficial transcripts on or about the date of our interview, but I don't remember anything about transcripts in relation to acceptance.

*sighs* I really liked that place, and Boston is a cool city. Drives me nuts thinking about how my letter could be finished, fate decided, sitting on some desk somewhere waiting to be mailed out. G'luck everyone!:luck:

Did they tell us on interview day that we had to send in our transcripts before or after being accepted? I sort of remember them wanting them before, and that they didn't have to be official transcripts. Anybody remember?

Huh, I totally forgot about this till I read your post. They were so casual about it on interview day, like oh, just send them in whenever. But I never did it.

Is this just to look at grades since AMCAS was submitted? Or they want an "official" copy for some other reason (as if the whole AMCAS ordeal isn't official enough)?

On our interview day, Dr. Witzburg explained it was because they only get AMCAS transcripts but that they would like to see the originals. They don't have to be official. Perhaps they want to see if there is any additional info they can glean off of the school's own transcripts?

On our interview day, Dr. Witzburg explained it was because they only get AMCAS transcripts but that they would like to see the originals. They don't have to be official. Perhaps they want to see if there is any additional info they can glean off of the school's own transcripts?

Hmm, I don't know if I have an unofficial copy and I don't really feel like paying $4 for another official one. I wonder if I can get away with skipping it...

He did mention that they wanted unofficial transcripts at the wrap up session after the day was finished. I just printed them out right there on the spot on that computer they let us use and handed it to the admissions office people. Also, if I recall, he mentioned if they needed anything from you they would contact you, so if you havent heard from them, I wouldnt worry about it.

He did mention that they wanted unofficial transcripts at the wrap up session after the day was finished. I just printed them out right there on the spot on that computer they let us use and handed it to the admissions office people. Also, if I recall, he mentioned if they needed anything from you they would contact you, so if you havent heard from them, I wouldnt worry about it.

Thanks for supporting my lazy ways :) I'm just gonna let it lie...

So is the consensus that we hear in two weeks, or at the end of the month? Based on last years threads it seems people heard around the 29th-30th of march.

Members don't see this ad :)

i remember witzberg said something like "get your transcripts to us by latest febuary 15th"

So is the consensus that we hear in two weeks, or at the end of the month? Based on last years threads it seems people heard around the 29th-30th of march.

Well, according to JennyB, and because Dr. Witzburgs email was vague with the date, if the admissions office said 2 weeks then its probably 2 weeks, which would be great, because I am sure we can all agree, waiting pretty much sucks.

In a reply from the admissions office on the message center, they said that all decisions will be released in two weeks.

hey Jenny, did they say 2 weeks from today? (or about?)

I didnt give them official transcripts, is that ok? Just a printout.

I didnt give them official transcripts, is that ok? Just a printout.

that's fine. they said official copies would be submitted before matriculation in the fall.

Do you guys really think we will hear this week? :oops:

i'd hope to, malla. ever since someone posted something about hearing back in 2 weeks (2 weeks ago, from the admissions office), i've been upping my anticipation for this week. it'll be a bummer if this was some story. :(

I would be very surprised to hear this week. I emailed my interviewer who said that the committee would be meeting later this month. Plus, I heard that decisions came out the last week of March last year.

It sure would be nice to hear something earlier though...

yeah. my heart is gonna be in my throat all the way through until the end of the month now:scared:

Just called them, acceptances will be distributed late this week (or more likely) early next week. They were aiming to get them out this week but the lovely lady in admissions was skeptical.

Could be worse...

Just called them, acceptances will be distributed late this week (or more likely) early next week. They were aiming to get them out this week but the lovely lady in admissions was skeptical.

Could be worse...

Thanks for the innitative. Now I can hold off that near vomitting sensation until the end of the week! I hate March!

Could be worse...

So they said just acceptances are going out? Or all decisions? Do you know?

in the last round rejections were sent be email so they came quicker than acceptances (snail mail and or phone). i imagine they're going to do the same this round.

Sorry, I don't really remember how I worded the question... I think I said decisions...

Okay, thanks Mr. B.

I guess we'll see. I live super close to BU (same zip!), so I'll be sure to post when I hear.

Good luck guys!

Edit: Thanks, kbear!

wow :scared: as well!!! dah! could you guys post as soon as you hear/receive something? gives the rest of us a heads up. :thumbup:

I second sendwitch. If y'all hear anything, please say so! This is going to be a long week. But then, what else is SDN good for, if not complaining about how much the waiting sucks/freaks you out/makes you cry/crap your pants/thank God that daylight savings was 3 weeks early because it means one less hour to wait.

Could be worse...

I sent a email to the admissions people via the "message center" thinger on my BU application status page asking about whether they will be sending out acceptances this week. They replied this morning saying that they are not running ahead of schedule, and that the final decisions will be going out in about two weeks. Seems we have rather conflicting info . . .

I sent a email to the admissions people via the "message center" thinger on my BU application status page asking about whether they will be sending out acceptances this week. They replied this morning saying that they are not running ahead of schedule, and that the final decisions will be going out in about two weeks. Seems we have rather conflicting info . . .

are you serious?????? DAH!!!! i dont know if i can wait 2 more weeks!! all this anticipation about decisions coming out THIS WEEK has be going mad already. :(

Strange indeed... I was trying to get them to tell me how decisions were going to be sent because I am going to be out of town next week. She told me that some decisions are sent by mail so I would want someone checking my mail next week. Interesting.

Now im just confused, so when someone called they said this week/early next week. And when someone emailed they said 2 weeks....? Well its safe to say we find out between now and the end of the month, which puts me in the same position i was in originally, that is confused, anxious, and worried.

yeah, I second that Dr. Curious. I don't know which is worse, knowing when to expect it and dreading the day, or that diffuse feeling of terror that you get not knowing.

This really does suck. I was really good yesterday. I didn't have a single freakout moment. I didn't even go check my mail. I guess all that progress goes out the window now.

Yeah.

Thunder officially stolen. :(

Two more weeks is a looooooooot longer than one more week.

its probably highly unlikely but do you think everyone has different decision dates? doesn't make sense to do this but we're getting conflicting answers (to a very simple question, no?)

its probably highly unlikely but do you think everyone has different decision dates? doesn't make sense to do this but we're getting conflicting answers (to a very simple question, no?)

Not going to argue with you there...

What I was told on the phone was consistent with what I was told on my interview day, that decisions would be mailed March 15th or 16th. Witzburg was not there for my interview day though, so who knows if his stand-in had any clue what he was talking about. I'm just going to expect the longer wait...

Yeah, I think I agree with Mr. B; it is a non-rolling school for all intents and purposes, so I think they're all sent out at once. It's possible there is some mis-communication within the admissions office itself about this. But yeah, nothing to do but wait.

So how are you guys beating the funk? (I for one have a pair of finals coming up, and when I'm not studying for them, am busy OD-ing on Gray's Anatomy.:p )

Yeah, I think I agree with Mr. B; it is a non-rolling school for all intents and purposes, so I think they're all sent out at once. It's possible there is some mis-communication within the admissions office itself about this. But yeah, nothing to do but wait.

So how are you guys beating the funk? (I for one have a pair of finals coming up, and when I'm not studying for them, am busy OD-ing on Gray's Anatomy.:p )

Well. I am continuing to spend money I don't have going to interviews at backup schools I am not interested in. When I'm not doing that, I'm working to try to pay for said interviews...

*sigh*

i just got a reply from the message center (couldn't resist emailing them to see what kind of response i'd get). we should be receiving results "within the next couple of weeks". um. what the heck does that mean? the vagueness is killing me!!!

i just got a reply from the message center (couldn't resist emailing them to see what kind of response i'd get). we should be receiving results "within the next couple of weeks". um. what the heck does that mean?

that's cute.

there better not be anyone holding information about BU!

POST!

while we're all waiting and i have nothing else better to do, i thought i'd put up a guess. i predict that we will start getting decisions next tuesday March 20th. :confused: