Bu---- only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Sella/Friends

I am about to submit my BU application online and also I have already requested institutions to send my ECE, TOFEL and NBDE score reports to the university. After submitting the online application from my understanding is I need to send letters of recommendation and a personal photograph by mail, in addition to these two is there anything else that needs to be sent by mail? Can you please confirm.

Thank you guys
you better send resume and personal statment and dental goal
all the best

Members don't see this ad.

you better send resume and personal statment and dental goal
all the best
hi shery
thanks a lot for ur input
i appreciate
all the best to u too

hi
when did your application complete.........or have you recieved e mail regarding the processing.............if not then better to call and ask if they have recieved all the documents or not ...............
good luck
I havenot received any email from them so far regarding appl. ..I submitted my documents very early however my toefl was late...but they may get it in nov. 1st week...what shd I do.:(..Very nervous..shd I directly talk to Mr. kahan:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
call him
he is on that place to answer you that question
dont hesitate at all
this is your future

Hi Sella/Friends

I am about to submit my BU application online and also I have already requested institutions to send my ECE, TOFEL and NBDE score reports to the university. After submitting the online application from my understanding is I need to send letters of recommendation and a personal photograph by mail, in addition to these two is there anything else that needs to be sent by mail? Can you please confirm.

Thank you guys
hi dental bee
on their website they have list of materials that need to be sent ........such as ..photocopies of transcripts, degree,photograph, 3 rec.letters
thats it
good luck buddy

.... I think they have all records.......
i dont know what matters to them..
hi guys today is impaction's interview
hope he shares his experience and good luck to him

hi dental bee
on their website they have list of materials that need to be sent ........such as ..photocopies of transcripts, degree,photograph, 3 rec.letters
thats it
good luck buddy
hi sella
thank u and good luck to u too

hi sella
thank u and good luck to u too
hi guys i am new to forum
i also have applied to bu
and have sent my documents threetime and becoz everytime they told me that they did not recieve
and still have not got any reply from them
is that very late to wait for any reply
can some one help
thanks

hi guys i am new to forum
i also have applied to bu
and have sent my documents threetime and becoz everytime they told me that they did not recieve
and still have not got any reply from them
is that very late to wait for any reply
can some one help
thanks
hi just mail to mr.kahan and write ur situation
hope it would help u
all the best

are you sure that the adress is right!!.. and email kahan he is very fast in replying best wishes

Last edited:
are you sure that the adress is right!!.. and email kahan he is very fast in replying best wishes
of course address is right
he emailed me that he has recieved them
i dont know whats going on there

Does anyone happen to called for interview on Jan 8th 2009 in BU.

I submitted my application the first week of nov. Still haven't received "application complete" email. I don't know what's going on.. Anyone else in the same situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application the first week of nov. Still haven't received "application complete" email. I don't know what's going on.. Anyone else in the same situation?
Even I am in the same situation...I send my documents very early in sept. but when I called them they said they havenot received my ECE.I send them again...now they donot provide any information...need help..:(

count me too....BU is my only hope..:luck:

yup my only hope too... my stats are 88 , 3.2, 116 are they any good to be considered? anybody have any opinions or words of encouragement for me???
would love to hear from anyone!!

yup my only hope too... my stats are 88 , 3.2, 116 are they any good to be considered? anybody have any opinions or words of encouragement for me???

Yes you are right and indeed you have good scores as I have seen people getting lesser scores and getting in to schools this year. Later if not sooner you will be enroling yourself into a DDS/DMD program this year. Patience is the only final step to this success. Best of Luck.

Yes you are right and indeed you have good scores as I have seen people getting lesser scores and getting in to schools this year. Later if not sooner you will be enroling yourself into a DDS/DMD program this year. Patience is the only final step to this success. Best of Luck.

thanks so much riona .. just remember me in your prayers.. hopefully this would be my year... and dont have much time, stamina or choices left... where are u at? if u dont mind would u share ur scores and status?

hi chuchu...You will def. get into dental school...you really have good n competative stats...all the best...:thumbup:

thanks so much riona .. just remember me in your prayers.. hopefully this would be my year... and dont have much time, stamina or choices left... where are u at? if u dont mind would u share ur scores and status?

My stats 87-3.6-105-3.7
I have applied to UMN, UPENN, BU
I am in interview phase

Last edited:
hi chuchu...You will def. get into dental school...you really have good n competative stats...all the best...:thumbup:

Thanks so much.. i sure hope so.. this is my third year trying and i;'m really beginning to get extremely depressed and frustrated.... i hope in the coming few months I'll have some good news to post up here!!

Hey Chuchu, your credentials are better than mine, and I am hoping to get in the school this year. so cheer up and hope for the best, god will do the rest. My interview is schedule for Jan 8th. I will post once its done. Do pray for me too.

Dentnep

yes even i submitted my documents in nov
i had to submit 3 times still no reply
gosh......... whats going on there

Hi,
I applied in august with an 83 part 1 score and received my application completion status Aug end.I retook part 1 in nov and on 9th dec got 88 in part 1. I have forwarded my new score to BU.
Now my stats are part 1-88, toefl-106, Gpa-3.06.(new Part 1 score will reach by dec end or jan 1st week)
is it too late for me to hope to get a call from BU.Can i do something to better the situation?

Hi,
I applied in august with an 83 part 1 score and received my application completion status Aug end.I retook part 1 in nov and on 9th dec got 88 in part 1. I have forwarded my new score to BU.
Now my stats are part 1-88, toefl-106, Gpa-3.06.(new Part 1 score will reach by dec end or jan 1st week)
is it too late for me to hope to get a call from BU.Can i do something to better the situation?
I had the same problem last year and I got interview call on april30,2008 .and it was me and another 5 candidate but no seats were available.I was on the waitlist and I couldn't get in however not all the cases are the same I wish you better luck than mine

I had the same problem last year and I got interview call on april30,2008 .and it was me and another 5 candidate but no seats were available.I was on the waitlist and I couldn't get in however not all the cases are the same I wish you better luck than mine

Hi sherry
Thanku for ur reply.Now i know where i stand and sud not keep real high hopes. Can you please tell me when was ur application complete last year(ie the new score), also when did u take ur exam. Are you in this year already-wat if i take part 2 in feb, will that help, even if i cannot send them my part 2 score b4 date? Is there anything else i can do?
Thank u:luck:

Hi sherry
Thanku for ur reply.Now i know where i stand and sud not keep real high hopes. Can you please tell me when was ur application complete last year(ie the new score), also when did u take ur exam. Are you in this year already-wat if i take part 2 in feb, will that help, even if i cannot send them my part 2 score b4 date? Is there anything else i can do?
Thank u:luck:

my application was complete feb 15 may be you will be earlier than me and my score was 89 and the report was late in ada bec I got the exam in 2006 and one time only about part to I am not sure if it has weight withBU or not bec as you know it is not requiered and any way I had it last year when I applied I don't think it helped I got79 all the best

my application was complete feb 15 may be you will be earlier than me and my score was 89 and the report was late in ada bec I got the exam in 2006 and one time only about part to I am not sure if it has weight withBU or not bec as you know it is not requiered and any way I had it last year when I applied I don't think it helped I got79 all the best
Hi sherry,
Thanku for your reply.the school is closed from 19th dec tilll 4th jan. Mr kahan is already on vacation, so there is no way to know if my application is complete till 4th jan..i guess..so is just waaaaiting for me now..:mad::D.

Hi All..
Congrats to everyone who has made it and wish everyone all the best on waiting list...

My worry now is should i really bother applyn to BU and NYU with my poor score?

Plz Advise, any suggestion is helpful.

Thnx and Merry Christmas to alll...

Last edited:
Hi All..
Congrats to everyone who has made it and wish everyone all the best on waiting list...
I got my part 1 scores today. 84/2.84/101/Green Card
5 yrs of exp in middle East and 10 months Dental Observership in usa.

My worry now is should i really bother applyn to BU and NYU with my poor score?

Plz Advise, any suggestion is helpful.

Thnx and Merry Christmas to alll...
My sugg. is go ahead and apply in BU but NYU picky about the GPA you have to be more than 3 ....your application in BU will be late but you might get chance this year even if not you will be on waitlist for next year ,for Clorado they are like UCLA OVER 90 NDB so donn't panic all teh best and happy new year ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Anyone got an interview call ??
Keep this thread alive friends.
Good luck for interview call if you have not recieved one yet.

hello guys,
Like all of you, even i am banking on BU. I have my interview with them on the 22nd of jan. I really want to know how i should prepare for it now.

Hi am worried if BU has stopped calling people for interviews.. anyone called for an interview in the new year, pls post.. it will be useful for the guys who r waiting to hear magic call from BU