Buffalo SDM Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
minotaur, deposits from pre-december/feb acceptances are due by april 1st, and any acceptances after april 1st they have two weeks from the day they are accepted to send in the deposit. hope that helps! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
well according to predents, it looks like someone got accepted off the waitlist April 2nd and accepted the offer. I hope we all hear something soon, I'm dyin over he-ah

Last edited:
@ minotaur, in the even that you dont get accepted what will you do for next cycle? since your dat is really good will you try to raise your gpa? apply to more schools?

@ minotaur, in the even that you dont get accepted what will you do for next cycle? since your dat is really good will you try to raise your gpa? apply to more schools?

I really should be applying to masters programs right now, but I'm currently working full time, am 33 yrs old, and really hoping this will work out, time's a wasting. If I don't get in this cycle, I will definitely re-apply, apply to a few more schools, a little more strategy there, like ALL the NYS dental schools, not just Buffalo. I will also need to do some sort of Master's program/post-bacc program and an EC to show continued interest in dentistry. I'm open to any other suggestions people have....

Thanks for saying the DAT scores look really good, I still feel like I could improve on it but when I called Buffalo to check my status, Barbara said that I did well enough that I did not need to retake it, and that was a huge sigh of relief. Re-taking the DAT would be super stressful, and it would be my 4th time so I would need to petition for it or something like that.

Are you on the waitlist also or just curious what I would do for a next step....?

i was just curious about your next plan of attack if reapplying. i saw you went to fredonia and i live buffalo. ill be reapplying this june (3.4 18/18/18) and retaking dat in a few weeks. i've considered taking some grad classes at UB to boost the gpa but not sure if its a good move financially, but then again, i'll do whatever i need to to get in. i'm sure things will work out for you. and i'll prob have to hit up fred fest this year my friends say its a blast. whats your opinion?? (not trying to hijack...consider this a bump for your thread :)

bump:) new fringe on tonight!:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
i wanna live somewhere were its like 65 all year round, never 95 never 30! BLAH BLAH BALH :)

i was just curious about your next plan of attack if reapplying. i saw you went to fredonia and i live buffalo. ill be reapplying this june (3.4 18/18/18) and retaking dat in a few weeks. i've considered taking some grad classes at UB to boost the gpa but not sure if its a good move financially, but then again, i'll do whatever i need to to get in. i'm sure things will work out for you. and i'll prob have to hit up fred fest this year my friends say its a blast. whats your opinion?? (not trying to hijack...consider this a bump for your thread :)

Hi Erhatstil, You mean you applied to Buffalo this cycle? Did you get an interview? I don't know if the grad classes will help you as much as boosting up your DAT to all 20's, I would focus on that. I guess I don't have a plan of attack yet, it's still to get in this cycle :)

Fredfest was always a good time for me, being outside in the sun all day, watching free music, hanging with friends and then going out later. Pretty good way to spend the day ;)

My deposit at UCLA cleared and doubling checking last minute pre-reqs. I will be giving up my UBuffalo seat within the next week or two. Good luck to you guys :] I woulda given it up sooner but UCLA's been lagging with the processing fees. Hopefully one of you guys waiting patiently will get the call!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

My deposit at UCLA cleared and doubling checking last minute pre-reqs. I will be giving up my UBuffalo seat within the next week or two. Good luck to you guys :] I woulda given it up sooner but UCLA's been lagging with the processing fees. Hopefully one of you guys waiting patiently will get the call!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Awesome, thanks for the update fsddsms, you rock! Thank you and best of luck to you at UCLA!!

thumbs WAYYYYY up!:)

why do they say most movement not until the end of april>? :)

TOOO EARLY:eek: finaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaals, undergraduate almost over yey! :D

withdrew today and got confirmation from Barb. good luck to you all amd i hope you guys get the call.

thanks! good luck at UCLA! :)

last week in april!:)

hello everyone new to the forum, in the same boat as most of you found out last week, that i am in the "top-third" of the alternate list.

in the email i received, it was said very few people have been taken off the alternate list so far, and it is moving VERY slowly.

hoping to be taken off soon! good luck to everyone

hello everyone new to the forum, in the same boat as most of you found out last week, that i am in the "top-third" of the alternate list.

in the email i received, it was said very few people have been taken off the alternate list so far, and it is moving VERY slowly.

hoping to be taken off soon! good luck to everyone

Welcome to the forums walterb!

If you just got notified that you were on the waitlist last week, when did you interview? Who was the email from about the waitlist moving very slowly...Barbara?

Thanks so much for contributing this info, best of luck to you :)

Welcome to the forums walterb!

If you just got notified that you were on the waitlist last week, when did you interview? Who was the email from about the waitlist moving very slowly...Barbara?

Thanks so much for contributing this info, best of luck to you :)

hey minotaur9

i mean i inquired about my position on the waitlist, i interviewed in october! sorry about that confusion. and yes barbara sent the email

I wonder why it's moving so slow this year in particular, any thoughts?

I also called the other day and Barbara told me the same thing about how little students have got in off the waitlist this year. She said that my position on the list has not really changed over the last few months.
When I asked about the chances of hearing from them over the next couple of weeks, she said, "there is no chance but who knows what will happen till August."
I am also part of the top one-third of the waitlist but maybe I am in the lower of the top one-third? All I know is that she seemed very pessimistic about my chances of getting in. I wish they just give me my waitlist number or reject me so we could just get on with my life!

no chance....wow....

I know how you feel, I just want to get on with my life too, and have a direction, preferably preparing for dental school

I also called the other day and Barbara told me the same thing about how little students have got in off the waitlist this year. She said that my position on the list has not really changed over the last few months.
When I asked about the chances of hearing from them over the next couple of weeks, she said, "there is no chance but who knows what will happen till August."
I am also part of the top one-third of the waitlist but maybe I am in the lower of the top one-third? All I know is that she seemed very pessimistic about my chances of getting in. I wish they just give me my waitlist number or reject me so we could just get on with my life!

lol! the part you put in quotes is a tad ridiculous, i can't believe she said there would be no chance of getting in, within the next few weeks...and then immediately say just wait until august it sounds fishy

did she say anything else that seemed "Pessimistic", everytime i have talked to barbara she has seemed positive and upbeat about the process that is why i am questioning what you are saying...any additional info is helpful

lol! the part you put in quotes is a tad ridiculous, i can't believe she said there would be no chance of getting in, within the next few weeks...and then immediately say just wait until august it sounds fishy

did she say anything else that seemed "Pessimistic", everytime i have talked to barbara she has seemed positive and upbeat about the process that is why i am questioning what you are saying...any additional info is helpful

I don't understand why you find this funny?? Those were her exact words. I am accepted to two other schools and I need to make a decision real soon. I called to ask if it was possible to hear in the next couple of weeks so I can make an informed decision without wasting money on deposits since buffalo is my top choice.
She told me that there is no chance that I will hear from them in the next couple of weeks but anything can happen until Aug. I took this as I am not one of the next people they will be calling so don't wait by the phone just yet.

I don't understand why you find this funny?? Those were her exact words. I am accepted to two other schools and I need to make a decision real soon. I called to ask if it was possible to hear in the next couple of weeks so I can make an informed decision without wasting money on deposits since buffalo is my top choice.
She told me that there is no chance that I will hear from them in the next couple of weeks but anything can happen until Aug. I took this as I am not one of the next people they will be calling so don't wait by the phone just yet.

the reason it is funny is because it is a contradiction to say "no chance" and then "anything can happen till august"....

just put down the deposit at the school that you will be going to next year (think of it that way), since you are so clearly convinced that you are not getting into buffalo

and get a grip, because you are going to dental school next year regardless and be thankful for that :thumbup:

the reason it is funny is because it is a contradiction to say "no chance" and then "anything can happen till august"....

just put down the deposit at the school that you will be going to next year (think of it that way), since you are so clearly convinced that you are not getting into buffalo

and get a grip, because you are going to dental school next year regardless and be thankful for that :thumbup:

She said "No chance in the next few weeks", not "no chance ever"

This is just my 2 cents - I spoke with Barbara a few times, and she was always upbeat. I too am in the "top 3rd". She's been very optimistic about it and keeps (very empathetically) says that she is pulling for me and that there will be movement. Perhaps I am closer to the front of the line? Maybe she is sending a signal to you that you're a bit further back? Sorry for the bad news, but I feel more comfortable saying that now that I know you're in at other schools. Congrats on that!:D

She said "No chance in the next few weeks", not "no chance ever"

This is just my 2 cents - I spoke with Barbara a few times, and she was always upbeat. I too am in the "top 3rd". She's been very optimistic about it and keeps (very empathetically) says that she is pulling for me and that there will be movement. Perhaps I am closer to the front of the line? Maybe she is sending a signal to you that you're a bit further back? Sorry for the bad news, but I feel more comfortable saying that now that I know you're in at other schools. Congrats on that!:D

:thumbup: That is exactly what I was saying.

ohh now i understand:thumbup:

i dont think her being perceived as positive or negative has anything to do with where you are on the list. i think it just may be a figment of your imagination, whether its positive or negative

also i think its good that there has been little movement because that means that we haven't been passed up for other waitlisters! (glass half full)

WOW! so much activity today, and of course on the day when i have been studying/taking finals!!!!!

interesting finds everyone by talking with barb about your status.

i agree with walter about the whole its positive that not alot of people have been taken off the waitlist and we are still in the top-third, means that when they do take people off we could be next

keep the convo going! :p

I have been a spectator for awhile.

Good news guys...!

Although I love Buffalo SDM very much, I got an offer that I can't refuse!

I will be giving up my seat VERY shortly. Let me get my papers finalized for UCLA, and you guys can have my seat :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a spectator for awhile.

Good news guys...!

While I love Buffalo SDM very much, I got an offer that I can't refuse!

I will be giving up my seat VERY shortly. Let me get my papers finalized for UCLA, and you guys can have my seat :D

:thumbup::thumbup:

good luck dentalaee at UCLA! :D

also to the rest of the viewers i will be offline to study for finals etc, so i will no longer be bumping the heck out of this thread...some of you may be thankful for that :laugh:

let us hope there is more out there like that!!!! lol may 1st is a saturday btw, i don't think dental schools are going to be checking sat, it might take another week or two for more movement

let us hope there is more out there like that!!!! lol may 1st is a saturday btw, i don't think dental schools are going to be checking sat, it might take another week or two for more movement

I agree, I don't think there will be a cascade of acceptances May 3rd, although I wish of course. I think it will take a week or so to contact people to ask them if they have made their final decisions and get something in writing from them to document it.

Thanks again dentalaee!!!! You made someone's dream come true :love: Best of luck to you at UCLA!! :)

Got accepted last week after being on the waitlist for 3 months!
Had my interview at the end of January.
As an international student, thrilled to make it to the State school!

And today, I decided to attend SUNY Buffalo!! Hope to see all of your guys there soon!! :)

And today, I decided to attend SUNY Buffalo!! Hope to see all of your guys there soon!! :)

Congratulations! Do you mind telling me what day last week you got the call?

congrats jlt0530! :)

i contacted the school not long ago and i am still in the top third of the waitlist, (didn't know with movement, new grades/scores coming out)

good luck everyone! :)

Alright guys, my deposit is cleared at UCLA.

Hopefully my spot will go to one of you guys.

I'm glad that I can be a help =)

Good luck!

Congratulations! Do you mind telling me what day last week you got the call?

it was April 23rd!
I got an email from Barbara to give her a call (since I'm currently out of the State) and when I called her, she shared the good news!

Are u all coming to Buffalo?? :)

Are u all coming to Buffalo?? :)

Well, that depends. Are you going to go to Buffalo? If you don't, we might. This is a thread about the "waitlist" correct? If you leave a spot open one of us will fill it.