Buffalo SDM Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, that depends. Are you going to go to Buffalo? If you don't, we might. This is a thread about the "waitlist" correct? If you leave a spot open one of us will fill it.

You know, this was one of those rare threads in which nobody said anything derogatory...

...but then you created a new name just to act like an ass. C'mon!

Members don't see this ad.

Here's hoping this week is finally the week! Please comment if you have ANY info.....

Members don't see this ad :)
:xf:minotaur!!! :)

stay positive everyone! good grades this past semester so hopefully that will move me up the waitlist a little more :D

:xf:minotaur!!! :)

stay positive everyone! good grades this past semester so hopefully that will move me up the waitlist a little more :D

Did you send them an updated transcript? Thanks

Did minotaur and Cellbio get in or something???

hahaha, I really wish that was why we weren't writing on this thread, no worries, we won't leave you hanging if we get in, we'll be so stoked, everyone will know, lol

Anyone else have any updates? None from me, just waiting patiently, hoping this week is the week!

are you guys periodically asking admissions for the status or just waiting? i think i read from one of the forums for another school that people who constantly ask about the list is put on an active waiting list. do you guys think that matters here?

are you guys periodically asking admissions for the status or just waiting? i think i read from one of the forums for another school that people who constantly ask about the list is put on an active waiting list. do you guys think that matters here?

I have no idea, I wish I knew, anyone else have an opinion? I can’t believe we haven’t seen more movement on this waitlist this year. I figured I’d see some people from this thread accepted by now.

I have no idea, I wish I knew, anyone else have an opinion? I can’t believe we haven’t seen more movement on this waitlist this year. I figured I’d see some people from this thread accepted by now.

I don't know if calling matters or not. There has to be some human element. I actually just got off of the phone with Barbara and she said I'm in the top 3rd (we haven't heard that before...). She did say that they recently sent letters to accepted students that were holding spots at other schools and it did result in movement within the last few weeks.

That can be looked at in a few ways, but I will choose the bright side:

We're closer now...

has anyone else sent updated transcripts to UB?, i haven't sent mine yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Called Barbara she said theres been some movement, thats all I got out of her though... Right now i'm looking to take graduate level bio courses unmatriculated and apply next year I mean you gotta have a backup plan you know... What is everyone else planning

And I did ask her if students who called periodically were given higher preference and she said no.. She said I dont mind students calling me periodically but I have no influence on who gets in

And I did ask her if students who called periodically were given higher preference and she said no.. She said I dont mind students calling me periodically but I have no influence on who gets in

Hmmm…very interesting, I had always wondered about this. I don’t have plans yet other than re-submitting my app in the next 2 weeks. I am currently working full time. Considering starting a masters this fall. I know all of the deadlines have passed but may be able to take classes as a non-matriculated student, and matriculate later. Anyone else…What are your plans?

UB is my dream school. not on the waitlist but will prob take some grad classes at there in the fall. just got my DAT from an 18/18/18 TS/AA/PA to a 22/21/20. my gpa is a 3.39 so some extra courses should help. anyone else doing non-matriculating classes at UB in the fall?

no news from me walterb, but maybe news today! :xf:)

here's hoping we hear something this week! :eek:

is buffalo taking anyone off the wait list???

is buffalo taking anyone off the wait list???

buffalo HAS already taken a number of people off the waitlist. it is still possible that people on the waitlist could be offered a position in the class with drop outs from the class, but as of now the class is full.

hope that answers your question jd399! good luck

also if you know which third of the waitlist you are in that is also a helpful indicator of your likelihood of admissions. :)

no one has had any contact or any updates on the waitlist?

not I said the fly....I wish. I know the class is full but "anything can happen between now and August 4th"

I think we're all just wrapped up in re-applying right now....I know I am

i heard that reapplying without any SIGNIFICANT change in your application...does not look good? is this true?

and i don't mean a new personal statement/a few new ECs...like they want you to retake your DAT or enroll in a program to boost GPA/show you can handle higher level courses.

i don't know if its worth a reapply if anything hasn't SIGNIFICANTLY changed can people who have reapplied more than once let me know?

thanks! :)

Pretty much all of what you said is correct EXCEPT that it's not worth re-applying. If dentistry is what you really want to do, ALWAYS apply, your chance of getting in goes up at least 50% ;)

They do want to see significant improvements in your application, and at the very least, they need to see your CONTINUED interest in dentistry, that you have been doing something in the area in the last year.

This is my 3rd time applying, and since I haven't gotten in yet I will be starting a masters program this fall to enhance my GPA credentials. I was told that everything else was in good shape except my GPA was a little low.

Does this answer your questions?

yeah thanks! what kind of masters program are you doing in the fall?

If you click on this link http://services.aamc.org/postbac/ it will show you a lot of great "record enhancers" or post-bacc and masters programs by the state. I'm going to be in the Interdisciplinary program at Buffalo, NY. Anyone else here going into that program....?

great info minotaur! i don't want this thread getting lost again, in case anyone has any news :)

dont stop believing!:D

love the consistent positive attitude ;) I'm keepin the faith....

I am applying this cycle, not even to buffalo, but i thought that this thread needed a props bump! I was looking at it wondering how it got this far, and read every message on here. haha i hope you all get in soon, good luck everyone

thanks widentist for the encouragement! :)

any news anyone?!:D

another week, another friday! :xf:

good luck guys!! i'm applying this cycle and buffalo is my top school :) i'm loving all your great attitudes and hope everything works out for you all

ps i think getting a hold of Barbara Weinburg is an accomplishment in itself :laugh:

thanks italian princess, this thread is also great because it has stayed positive an informative for soo long! good luck on the upcoming cycle

gotta give it to cellbio for keep this thing alive

thanks walterb! :)

almost done with my reapplication package.. hows everyone elses coming?

i don't plan on reapply this cycle, i would have to finish my masters program before I reapplied and because its a 2 year program i would wait until next cycle.

as i understand it, reapplying just for the sake of reapply is not helpful to an applicant you want a significant improvement on the application before reapplying.

and ec's don't count....

but im also not reapplying because WE WILL GET IN! lol:D

what is everyone else doing to improve their application either for this cycle or the next??

Wow Great points... my favorite part is that confidence that we will get in.. Why? Because we want it more than anyone else!!