• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Business & science

koercive

Industry HE&OR, Large Cap Pharma
Partner Organization
15+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2005
New Jersey
www.pharmapplicants.com
  1. Pharmacist
    for the thousandth time: it doesn't matter what your major is when you apply to medical school.

however, for business school admissions, you generally don't want to major in business. recommended majors are engineering, math, economics, or anything highly quantitative.

Any major will do. In fact, you may be at an advantage doing a non-bio major.

Have you also considered the PharmD/MBA? A few of my friends are going through this program now vs. the MD/MBA to save a few years out of school. Also, in the business world, PharmD is a respected Doctorate degree, albeit still 'lower' than the MD. If you are going to work for a company, this would be a lower salary, but if you are going to run your own business, it wouldn't matter.

About the Ads

Eare

Feb 16, 2010
    1. Pre-Medical
      Any major will do. In fact, you may be at an advantage doing a non-bio major.

Have you also considered the PharmD/MBA? A few of my friends are going through this program now vs. the MD/MBA to save a few years out of school. Also, in the business world, PharmD is a respected Doctorate degree, albeit still 'lower' than the MD. If you are going to work for a company, this would be a lower salary, but if you are going to run your own business, it wouldn't matter.

I wanna be a Doctor but not forever so that's why I'm going for the M.D/M.B.A, cause I'm interested in both

Eare

Feb 16, 2010
      1. Pre-Medical
        I'm not too sure that you'll go through all of that training and say 'oh I don't want to do this anymore.' Going to medical school is a commitment and you'll most likely be stuck in it for one reason.

Well I wanna open my own hospital/clinic. Not working in it, running it like a CEO

Last edited:

phathead

Future World Drug Lord
        Moderator Emeritus
        10+ Year Member
        Sep 13, 2009
        1. Pharmacy Student
          Well I wanna open my own hospital/clinic. Not working in it, running it like a CEO

The guy who runs one of the largest and most successful hospitals in the region started in the company as a janitor.

Maybe something like a MPH/MBA would be better suited

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.