buying street drugs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chaos space marine

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were caught doing this, how much would it impact my work? I'm talking morphine from a dealer and some weed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where's BMB and his rant about low quality students. I guess this is a product of the expansion of new schools. seeing more and more dumb threads
 
No, sorry 🙁

I'm not addicted just had a few 15mg morphine from a procedure and liked the way they made me feel.

I have a great job in a hospital. They could take away my license?
 
No, sorry 🙁

I'm not addicted just had a few 15mg morphine from a procedure and liked the way they made me feel.

I have a great job in a hospital. They could take away my license?
If not for illegally using controlled substances, what do you think would be a reason to take away a pharmacist's license? Intentionally killing a patient would be worse, but that will land you in jail which would prevent you from practicing anyway.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't do it! Join your local professional support organization, you can talk to someone about your pain or drug cravings and find a solution that helps you maintain professionalism. I believe in most states, you are legally protected from licensure action if you join on your own, regardless of what youve done or what you tell them.

Second more practical solution: if you're going to use narcotics, at least discuss it with a physician and get a prescription. Only thing worse than having licensure questioned is having licensure questioned and going to jail. If you play by the rules, talk with your organization, and get a prescription, youll be OK.

While my gut instinct tells me this is a troll, I have noticed a lot of controversy surrounding professionals using opioids or CNS depressants on the job. IMHO, if you need it medically, and have gained tolerance to the major effects, it's nobody else's business.

DO NOT EVER disclose this to your work. But DO disclose it to the support organization, you'll be legally protected and they can refer you to resources.
 
I swear to God I am not a troll. This is an old user under new account. I wouldn't post this under my name.

. I wish I were making this up 🙁 🙁 🙁 the fact that I am considering putting my license on the line (the one thing that I value a ton) is scary.

You can answer more nicely and it would be more helpful. I am a person behind this username and I am hurting a lot.

Thanks for useful replies.

I have never been impaired on the job.
 
First you said that you were given morphine after a procedure and you liked the way they made you feel.

Now you say it is because you are hurting.

What one is it?

Whatever the answer I still think you need professional help, there is no justification in buying the street drugs. I know that, you know that and we all know that. I'm not being mean just realistic.
 
No, sorry 🙁

I'm not addicted just had a few 15mg morphine from a procedure and liked the way they made me feel.

I have a great job in a hospital. They could take away my license?
I had partially dislocated my shoulder 10 years ago, and I thought the same thing - that my pain medication felt good. But I knew better than to continue past my length of therapy... that's what bothers me about how this thread is progressing. You're the pharmacist. You know better than to abuse prescription medication.
 
grow your own weed in a closet, and steal the morphine from your pharmacy (if you get caught, blame it on a tech)
 
As a DOP, I have to remind you what are the responsibilities placed on our shoulders should we find out what your are doing: most likely it is an immediate termination offence. Report to the board and DEA should it involves diversion. Possibly requires notifying local law enforcement.

Dude, your license is worth millions, it's not worth losing it. People have problems, I get it. I had employees that cry at work after being taken to the cleaners during a divorce, parent die un expectedly. Get some legalized help, whether it is a shrink that load your up on SSRI or benzos that make you perk up like smiley Bob promoting male enhancement pills. Those things do wonders and don't involve do anything that risk your license and your livelihood.
 
Take a vacation to Denver for a week. Buy some weed and THC laced edibles.
Let's be serious, depressions last longer than a week and weed is illegal in most places. The best thing for OP is to take advantage of the company's employee assistance programs (EAP) and get some legalized medical help. With the over prescribing ways of this country, seeing a shrink is almost as good as seeing a dealer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why is Eveyone here so mean? I am aw person who is hurting

You need to seek help for the drug use and not illegally purchase or use again. I'm not trying to be mean or sound mean, but illegally purchasing drugs and using them carries with it the legal penalties everyone else can face as well as potential permanent termination of your license by the board. Do not let your drug abuse escalate (and yes, it is drug abuse to take morphine for a high and not for a prescribed purpose).
 
you probably wouldn't get caught your first time...in fact, you can probably outsource the actual transaction to someone for a small bit of cash and the chances of you getting caught are nil. at least in college, non-Rx drugs (mostly Adderall XR) and weed were pretty easy to come by and you had to be pretty dumb to get caught such that you got into any legal trouble.

but what will happen is, you'll succeed in getting what you want a few times and you'll get comfortable/confident and take bigger risks each time. Maybe you'll get just a little bit more this time, or you won't need to cover your tracks as much...or you'll just take a hit that much closer to your work time (whereas you might have had an 8hr buffer before). This doesn't even address any escalating dependency issues.

But to answer your original question: you'll lose your license, face termination, and will pretty much be unhireable in the future. If you're ~30 years old, that's $4.5M in lost wages alone over 35 years (assuming avg $130k/yr in wages), not to mention attorneys fees, fines, and other costs.

I dunno about you, but I can do a lot more with $4.5M than a few vials of morphine.

But you have my green light for weed...just move to CA, WA, or CO.
 
my license certainly isn't worth it.

what are the chances though??

Even if the chances are low, why would you want to take that chance?? Doesn't seem like it would be worth it. No matter how bad things are, they are going to be a lot worse if you lose your license! Plus as a hospital pharmacist, you must have seen the ill fallout from people's poor lifestyle choices. It's never pretty.

I would really try to dig into what the root cause of this is…you say that you are hurting; do you mean mentally? Physically? Both? Then try to address what help you need to get from there to avoid going down this path.
 
you probably wouldn't get caught your first time...in fact, you can probably outsource the actual transaction to someone for a small bit of cash and the chances of you getting caught are nil. at least in college, non-Rx drugs (mostly Adderall XR) and weed were pretty easy to come by and you had to be pretty dumb to get caught such that you got into any legal trouble.

but what will happen is, you'll succeed in getting what you want a few times and you'll get comfortable/confident and take bigger risks each time. Maybe you'll get just a little bit more this time, or you won't need to cover your tracks as much...or you'll just take a hit that much closer to your work time (whereas you might have had an 8hr buffer before). This doesn't even address any escalating dependency issues.

But to answer your original question: you'll lose your license, face termination, and will pretty much be unhireable in the future. If you're ~30 years old, that's $4.5M in lost wages alone over 35 years (assuming avg $130k/yr in wages), not to mention attorneys fees, fines, and other costs.

I dunno about you, but I can do a lot more with $4.5M than a few vials of morphine.

But you have my green light for weed...just move to CA, WA, or CO.
Or Arizona. Our Girl Scouts also sell their cookies outside the dispensaries (true story) so the OP can eat his pain away too.
 
Or Arizona. Our Girl Scouts also sell their cookies outside the dispensaries (true story) so the OP can eat his pain away too.

Hey, our Girl Scouts do that too!

But...if the gov signs that new law in AZ, your local drug dealer can discriminate against you for "lifestyle choices" and next thing you know if the OP gets arrested and he's a darker shade of brown, they'll try to deport him. Oyy.
 
Hey, our Girl Scouts do that too!


But...if the gov signs that new law in AZ, your local drug dealer can discriminate against you for "lifestyle choices" and next thing you know if the OP gets arrested and he's a darker shade of brown, they'll try to deport him. Oyy.

What?! Drug dealers are required to sell to any and all comers at the moment ? LOL

Will Rph's gain this ability after the new law too?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People on this forum are so gullible.

I think this is a troll too, but we're responding on the off chance that it isn't.

Practice for a while, and you will encounter some very strange things. Heck, just look at any state's disciplinary action board, and you will find out very quickly that having a degree and professional license is no guarantee that people won't do stupid or outrageous things.

My own state's site has (among other things) a woman who converted her home into a marijuana grow house and tried to say it belonged to her boyfriend, a man who was arrested for exposing himself to women in the parking lot of the store where he worked, a man who opened his own storefront for the sole purpose of defrauding Medicaid, someone else who used steroid nasal spray in front of a customer and then put the bottle back on the shelf, etc.
 
I think this is a troll too, but we're responding on the off chance that it isn't.

Practice for a while, and you will encounter some very strange things. Heck, just look at any state's disciplinary action board, and you will find out very quickly that having a degree and professional license is no guarantee that people won't do stupid or outrageous things.

My own state's site has (among other things) a woman who converted her home into a marijuana grow house and tried to say it belonged to her boyfriend, a man who was arrested for exposing himself to women in the parking lot of the store where he worked, a man who opened his own storefront for the sole purpose of defrauding Medicaid, someone else who used steroid nasal spray in front of a customer and then put the bottle back on the shelf, etc.
Point taken it's just that the answers to his question seem so obvious it feels like he's fishing for something.
 
I also don't believe a real pharmacist would be ignorant of the fact that they could lose their license for illegal drug use. I'm betting this is a technician or a pharmacy student posting this.

To the OP (whatever you are), if you are caught you will most assuredly be fired. Depending on your workplace, their is the possibility they may also report you to the state board. If there is any public record of this (ie you are arrested), you will be reported to the state board. Depends on your state what happens from there....many state boards will suspend your license pending successful completion of a treatment program (and then have you on probation thereafter.) Having a license on probation will undoubtedly hinder your job prospects. If you refuse/fail treatment, your license would be revoked. My state treats technicians/pharmacists the same in this regard.

I'm guess you have exhausted getting drugs from your dr for legitimate medical reasons or you wouldn't even be considering buying illegally. I strongly urge you to see if your state has a professional recovery program available (many states do), if not I suggest you see a doctor (maybe addiction specialist, or psychiatrist) who guide you concerning possible addition & also treat any other conditions (ie depression, etc.) If nothing else, you would be better off talking to your family doctor than buying illegally. Working on the problem before you are forced to, will bode much better for keeping your job & your license.

I really don't "get" the idea of addiction as a disease, I can't fathom how someone can lose all sense of perspective and common sense. I don't understand it, but I have seen it happen. I'm guessing you are there, where you have lost all perspective & common sense, and you will probably ignore all the good advice you've gotten on this thread. But I hope you will be willing to consider the advice you've gotten and choose a different path. Surely you realize that breaking the law will at least lead to the possibility of major problems for you, and while you probably think that you are "smart" enough not to get caught, you should be aware that 99% of criminals who get caught also thought that way.
 
Hi I haven't gotten anything since this thread. Scares me too much!!

I am a real pharmacist. Not a tech or a student.