By Chance Anyone ever....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TweetyPie

`
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Tweetie Pie - I know someone who transferred from Nova Southeastern (FL) to Arizona's DO school after his second year. But his was a special circumstance: he was married and his wife and children were in Phoenix. Unless you have a very good reason to transfer, it probably won't happen. I myself would like to transfer to Chicago College from UHS cuz my family and friends are there. But yeah, probably won't happen unless something drastic happens.

Doesn't hurt to try it out. Each school is different, so you'll never know. If you do submit your request, that might be enough to get that transfer. Hope it works out...good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you thinking of transferring to UNECOM and what class are you in now (2005,2006, etc.)? I know UNECOM took a couple transfers into the class of 2004 between years 2 and 3. Class of 2005 isn't that big so there's probably room in our class. Class of 2006 would be a problem though, since they have about 130 people in their class, which is more than the usual 120. YOu can call our admissions office or look on the website for transfer information, but before considering the reasons, etc. there needs to be space.

Getting your Dean's letter will be difficult. What school are you in?

I'm transferring from NYCOM to KCOM in the fall (to start my third year). It really wasn't that big of a deal. I didn't get the third degree about my reasons, and faculty and deans at both schools were very helpful. I'm transferring because my girlfriend matched in St. Louis, and because of the economic insanity of trying to live off student loans in NY. My main advice is to start the process early. I initiated contact with KCOM in December, and it was June before all of my letters got sent out. In fact, I could have transferred this year except that by the time KCOM finally scheduled an interview, NYCOM was already in session and wouldn't refund my tuition.
to sum up, transferring is doable, but it can be very time consuming, so get the ball rolling early.

Good Luck