C Arm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C Fiber

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to talk about the quality of C arms? What is everyone else using out there? Do you really get what you pay for? Buying? Renting? How much? Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

C Fiber said:
Anyone care to talk about the quality of C arms? What is everyone else using out there? Do you really get what you pay for? Buying? Renting? How much? Thanks. :)

I've used several. I worked with an OEC 9000 that was recently refurbished and it took better pictures for ESI and FJNB than a brand new 9800. I'd take the new 9800 for discos. I also worked on 9200, 9600, and a Siremobil 2000 from Seimens. I think the upkeep is as important as anything. I have a friend using a Zeihm and he feels it is better than the 9200 or 9600 that we used together in training.

Cheapest machine- OEM 9000 was 10K after full service and replacing the tube. THe 9800 was 150K.

Wow.....first person i have heard say something positive of a Ziehm. What model may i ask? I have a leased OEC 8800 in my office. At another office i work part time they have a Siemens Siremobile 2000 i think. At the ASC i work out of they have a Philips BVG 3000(?). I have also used plenty of OEC 9400's and IMHO they are junk cuz they dont rotate far enough for right oblique views.

T