• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

wscott

15+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hello to all,

What C-arm are you using?

Write a review.

What's on par with the OEC 9900 elite?

Is all the jazzy technology necessary? Obviouslly not, but does it translate into fewer complications and/or better outcomes?

Thanks for your input

Mister Mxyzptlk

15+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Yewston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
1. Siemens Iso-C.

2. Excellent picture, extremely quiet, low heat output. No whistles & bells, just a great picture without all the noise you get with OEC.

3. I don't know.

4. Not really

gecko

15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Does anyone work or has worked with the OEC 9800? Is this one recommended?

Any other C-arms to recommend?
Also, how about fluoro tables?

Thanks.

About the Ads

Mister Mxyzptlk

15+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Yewston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I work at several facilities that use the 9800. My two complaints:

1. Noise. It should come as a relief when you turn off the c-arm at the end of the cases.

2. Poor metal compensation. Despite having the techs come out repeatedly to adjust the programming I have been frustrated by the tendency of the picture to white out when I put a metal pointer (e.g., a long clamp) in the field. This happens at three different facilities.

gecko

15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
My group's ASC was trying to cut costs and is offering purchasing the 8800 OEC refurb as opposed to the 9800 OEC. They tell me that the only difference between the 9800 and 8800 is digital subtraction. I heard that the 9800 OEC has a "Super C" version which makes oblique/lateral cervicals much easier to maneuver. I don't know if the 8800 OEC has the option to have this larger C. Does it really matter? Does anyone have any problems with the 8800 OEC? If not, I'll give in and let them save $40k on the purchase of the 8800.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I have used OEC 9000, 9400, and 9800. They are all so loud I would like to get them tested to see if they would meet OSHA requirements or if it might be necessary to wear earplugs in the fluoro suite. Anyone else smell a class action lawsuit? The worst part is the machine continues making the noise in cooldown mode for several minutes after it is turned off.

Pain_doc

Old Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Depending on the site, I use an OEC 9800, a brand new Siemens, a brand new Phillips, or an older Phillips. The 9800 gives me the best pictures. With a larger-size patient population, the other units just don't get the same clarity on laterals (even with a fluoro tech trying to tweak the unit). I haven't noticed the noise issues, probably due to bad hearing and the constant chatter of room personnel.

mondocomputerma

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
The 8800 does not come in a super-c configuration. Also, the 8800 has a monoblock x-ray tube (fixed anode). It doesn't have nearly the power the 9800 or 9900 have.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.