C in chemistry A in chem lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kennyram401

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.6* gpa and I'm taking the FIRST CHEM CLASS I just got a 76 on the first test and I have a 90 in the lab. Is this a disaster?
 
Not a disaster. It's just one exam and one C wouldn't sink you.
What are you doing to study? There may be a more effective method for you.
 
on only one exam? dude just change your habits. i'm guessing it's chem 1; you're only in the beginning, plenty of time to learn
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're fine. Reflect on what did and didn't work when you studied and adjust as needed. Do more practice problems.
 
wait, lol how?

A-/A in everything else, office hours with the main teacher, just clearly trying hard. In my school, we have multiple levels of class with different teachers in addition to our 600 person lecture so I also got to know them well. An email I sent before the final: "Hey teacher who is not the main teacher, you have seen I work hard so could you recommend to the main teacher that I get rounded up? Here is evidence I am between a B+ and A- and so would benefit from this" (I was at a B+)

I knew that teacher was in a position to recommend a few students to be rounded up if we were at the turning point. His response "It's too late, I already submitted that, but I absolutely agree so I will send another email recommending you. I hope he accepts it."

He did.