c/o 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*sigh* I am in a "I suck... Better find my next back up plan" state if mind :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
*sigh* I am in a "I suck... Better find my next back up plan" state if mind :(
I am right with you there. Having had my letter from Mizzou lost in the mail has made me so pessimistic, as well as the approaching notifications for the other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got my first acceptance recently and just finished my last interview. I just got back to reality that I actually have to pass classes this semester. I am pretty sure I will be dropping a class to keep myself sane. Luckily none of my classes are vet school requirements... I only have a few months left before vet school, so why stress about not finishing an econ minor when I could be playing with my dog?

Question... Anyone know if filing FAFSA for grad school is different than for undergrad? My parents supported me at least partway for undergrad but I am getting zero outside help for vet school. Not sure how to reflect this...

Question... Anyone know if filing FAFSA for grad school is different than for undergrad? My parents supported me at least partway for undergrad but I am getting zero outside help for vet school. Not sure how to reflect this...
All of the question are exactly the same :) there will be a question asking if you are a dependent or getting help.

As a veterinary student you are automatically considered independent, so they will assume you are getting 0 outside help. You are not required to enter parental income information unless you want to be considered for the Health Professions loan (which is at a lower interest rate). They still don't expect your parents to assist you, but for whatever reason they still want their info.

ugh. I'd basically give anything to get into the school that I'm an alternate at right now!! PLEASE anyone who has gotten an OOS acceptance that they know they are going to turn down (because you got into your IS or some other dream school) send in notification that you decline the offer. All of us waitlisters are counting on you to deny the offer that you don't want! so much stress :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
I think I'm losing my mind. I definitely don't sleep well anymore, especially as we get closer to the end of the month (when decisions for my school are supposed to go out). Blegh. I can't believe I want something so much. And nothing is helping to distract me. A&M, put me out of my misery!

The other night I had a dream that I got into WSU, which was awesome, but I didn't apply to WSU! My mind ran away and left me with the bills.

As a veterinary student you are automatically considered independent, so they will assume you are getting 0 outside help. You are not required to enter parental income information unless you want to be considered for the Health Professions loan (which is at a lower interest rate). They still don't expect your parents to assist you, but for whatever reason they still want their info.
Yeah, I don't know why they consider us independent but then still factor in parental finance info for the HPSL.

Members don't see this ad :)
My mother is remarried to someone who started his own business and makes $$$. Since they are married (even though I have never lived with them or benefitted from this...) he gets factored into FAFSA and it never works in my favor. I figured it wasn't even worth putting on.

It is so hard to get work done when I am stalking all the different boards... perhaps I need have my boyfriend block SDN until next week (I am not strong enough to do it myself...) :heckyeah:

It is so hard to get work done when I am stalking all the different boards... perhaps I need have my boyfriend block SDN until next week (I am not strong enough to do it myself...) :heckyeah:
SAME :eek: I'm a neurotic mess! and it's going to continue until April or later UGH!

Filling out the FAFSA is scaring meeeee!!!

when you guys filled out the FAFSA, did you make a completely new one, or do it as a renewal of your current undergrad one?

when you guys filled out the FAFSA, did you make a completely new one, or do it as a renewal of your current undergrad one?

I just worked off my undergrad one. It asks you questions at the beginning that set you as an independent.

Ok. I am officially dying over here. I should be hearing back from two schools this week and I can hardly stand it. Thank dog I have like FIVE shows tonight (Downtown Abbey, The Walking Dead, True Detective, Shameless, Girls) which will keep me busy for a few days.

Ok. I am officially dying over here. I should be hearing back from two schools this week and I can hardly stand it. Thank dog I have like FIVE shows tonight (Downtown Abbey, The Walking Dead, True Detective, Shameless, Girls) which will keep me busy for a few days.

Tell me about it! I'm really hoping to hear something in the next 2 weeks. I'm having the hardest time thinking about anything else, which is bad, because I have a paper coming up, 2 midterms, and a poster to finish for a conference in March. UGH. I just need to know, so I can get on with life... ;_;

And no shows to keep me preoccupied until the Olympics end...except for maybe Top Gear (UK) tonight. -sigh-

Reactions: 1 users
... I'm having the hardest time thinking about anything else, which is bad, because I have a paper coming up, 2 midterms, and a poster to finish for a conference in March. UGH. I just need to know, so I can get on with life... ;_; ...
I'm not in school right now and have off from work this week! I'm afraid I may bake myself into oblivion haha

The other night I had a dream that I got into WSU, which was awesome, but I didn't apply to WSU! My mind ran away and left me with the bills.

I had a dream last night that I got my acceptance letter for Wisconsin in the mail.

Reactions: 3 users
Everyone should download robot unicorn attack 2. So much fun

Reactions: 3 users
I used to play the original robot unicorn attack all the time in high school! Always, I wanna be with you! Make believe with you! And live in harmony, harmony, oh love!

I got into work today and everyone was asking about news.

Interview invites from the schools I applied to should be going out in the last week of February/first week of March. On edge over here too, and it's Reading Week so no school to distract me. How to keep busy...?

I had a dream today that I was prepping for an interview, lost track of time, and completely missed it. Mind you, this was for a school I've already finished interviewing at. Clearly my brain is running a few weeks behind haha...

About a week before I got waitlisted at my top school, I had a dream that I got an envelope from them but the letter was so ambiguous. It didn't really say if i was accepted or denied and I had this feeling that I would have to continue to wait forever... my dream predicted the future x_x

Motivation for this semester is at an all time low....

My dream also predicted my future! I had a dream that the admin manager were hanging out and shes says "oh btw you're waitlisted... I have to call everyone about their acceptances!" And then I actually was waitlisted :cyclops:

Motivation for this semester is at an all time low....

My dream also predicted my future! I had a dream that the admin manager were hanging out and shes says "oh btw you're waitlisted... I have to call everyone about their acceptances!" And then I actually was waitlisted :cyclops:
I hear you :yeahright:

About a week before I got waitlisted at my top school, I had a dream that I got an envelope from them but the letter was so ambiguous. It didn't really say if i was accepted or denied and I had this feeling that I would have to continue to wait forever... my dream predicted the future x_x
I had a dream I received an empty envelope if that makes you feel any better. No letter at all lol

Hey guys, I was trying to fill out the application for UF and it calls for microbiology and lab.... i took cell bio and cell lab, and i also took a seminar in cell and micro, but i'm not sure if cell bio/lab would count for micro? My school offered microbio but it didn't have a lab so i took seminar in cell and micro because it better fit my requirements to graduate. Does this count me out of UF?