-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
C/O 2019 Applicants
Started by Gwenevre
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It's probably just taking longer the closer we get to deadline. You only need one eLOR for verification. All you're stuff is in, I'm sure they're working on it, and you can call them if you must but...try not too worry too much 🙂Is anyone else worried about the verification?
I submitted mine 9/7 and its still "meeting VMCAS requirements".... I still have one elor not in, but I thought they would verify the apps without them?
Is anyone else worried about the verification?
I submitted mine 9/7 and its still "meeting VMCAS requirements".... I still have one elor not in, but I thought they would verify the apps without them?
You don't have to worry about the verification if you're 100% sure everything is correct. They'll keep verifying submitted applications even after the Oct 2nd deadline, so if you're sure everything is right, then you'll be fine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else worried about the verification?
I submitted mine 9/7 and its still "meeting VMCAS requirements".... I still have one elor not in, but I thought they would verify the apps without them?
Mine was verified about 1-2 days after my last LOR was sent in. I don't know if that's coincidence (probably), but I *think* they're verifiable (is that a word...) even if you have one person who still hasn't submitted theirs. Good luck 🙂
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
At this rate all of my eLORs will be done before I've even submitted 😀
You only need 1 ELOR submitted in order for the verification process to begin. Tony Wynne stated on the Fb page "VMCAS will NOT accept any documentation after the October 2nd deadline, but WILL continue to verify those applications that have all their documents in (before the deadline)."Mine was verified about 1-2 days after my last LOR was sent in. I don't know if that's coincidence (probably), but I *think* they're verifiable (is that a word...) even if you have one person who still hasn't submitted theirs. Good luck 🙂
Woot mine's been verified!!
Now I just need to finish my last essay for tufts, finish up my two supplemental essays, keep pestering my 3rd letter, and I'm done!!!
Now I just need to finish my last essay for tufts, finish up my two supplemental essays, keep pestering my 3rd letter, and I'm done!!!
I finally finished editing my personal statement and submitted my VMCAS!
That's officially the most money I've ever spent in one go. The other day I found some of my earlier posts debating if I should submit in late July/early August, and saying that I'd definitely have everything in by September 1st. Boy, was that wishful thinking on my part.
Ironically, this is the same day I submitted last year. Now I just have to keep pestering my last two evaluators, and write my supplemental essay for Illinois!
That's officially the most money I've ever spent in one go. The other day I found some of my earlier posts debating if I should submit in late July/early August, and saying that I'd definitely have everything in by September 1st. Boy, was that wishful thinking on my part.
Ironically, this is the same day I submitted last year. Now I just have to keep pestering my last two evaluators, and write my supplemental essay for Illinois!Story of my life... but I'm almost ready to submit my VMCAS!I finally finished editing my personal statement and submitted my VMCAS!That's officially the most money I've ever spent in one go. The other day I found some of my earlier posts debating if I should submit in late July/early August, and saying that I'd definitely have everything in by September 1st. Boy, was that wishful thinking on my part.
Ironically, this is the same day I submitted last year. Now I just have to keep pestering my last two evaluators, and write my supplemental essay for Illinois!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Personal goal: Be the last person on this forum to submit. So far so good.I finally finished editing my personal statement and submitted my VMCAS!That's officially the most money I've ever spent in one go. The other day I found some of my earlier posts debating if I should submit in late July/early August, and saying that I'd definitely have everything in by September 1st. Boy, was that wishful thinking on my part.
Ironically, this is the same day I submitted last year. Now I just have to keep pestering my last two evaluators, and write my supplemental essay for Illinois!
3/4 evaluators have their stuff in and I was warned that my 4th would probably take it right down to the wire...which I'm fine with as long as she gets it in 😀
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I still have to do supplementals for UTK, Penn, and NCSU. Lololol
I still have to do supplementals for UTK, Penn, and NCSU. Lololol
lol. Me too...
But hey, as long as we get it in, it's all that matters. No pressure 😛
How much are you guys "pestering" your evaluators?
I am really worried because I sent a 1 month notice via email, no response, so I called them a week later saying they had 3 weeks, the receptionist was like shocked as if this was new to her and she said she would make sure it got done. I sent an email last week saying there was one week left and I still have not had a response.... I want to call them but I am worried about coming off rude by prodding them so much. Its just that I have not had any confirmation of their progress on it :/ and it is my 3rd letter so I need it or else my app will be void 🙁
I am really worried because I sent a 1 month notice via email, no response, so I called them a week later saying they had 3 weeks, the receptionist was like shocked as if this was new to her and she said she would make sure it got done. I sent an email last week saying there was one week left and I still have not had a response.... I want to call them but I am worried about coming off rude by prodding them so much. Its just that I have not had any confirmation of their progress on it :/ and it is my 3rd letter so I need it or else my app will be void 🙁
I'd say call and ask to talk to the vet (or whoever your evaluator is) personally. With less than than a week left, I think some stronger prodding is justified. I prefer contacting people via email because I'm super awkward on the phone, but if email isn't getting a response it's time to up the ante. Wanting some confirmation that progress is being made, or at least that you haven't been forgotten about, is totally understandable. It's possible your evaluator has seen all your reminders and just forgot/didn't think to acknowledge them, but even if he/she did totally forget about it, there's still a few days to get it done, and it's not like you didn't try to get in touch. Also I wouldn't worry about the receptionist seeming surprised; I wouldn't expect a vet to discuss every personal obligation on their plate with the staff.How much are you guys "pestering" your evaluators?
I am really worried because I sent a 1 month notice via email, no response, so I called them a week later saying they had 3 weeks, the receptionist was like shocked as if this was new to her and she said she would make sure it got done. I sent an email last week saying there was one week left and I still have not had a response.... I want to call them but I am worried about coming off rude by prodding them so much. Its just that I have not had any confirmation of their progress on it :/ and it is my 3rd letter so I need it or else my app will be void 🙁
Yeah, about that nc-state supplemental.... LolI still have to do supplementals for UTK, Penn, and NCSU. Lololol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I took one look at it and was like "Oh god no"Yeah, about that nc-state supplemental.... Lol
They just sent me an email pretty much saying to get my butt moving on submitting it lol... Guess I better do that the rest of today...I took one look at it and was like "Oh god no"
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
i keep getting those kinds of emails from VMCASThey just sent me an email pretty much saying to get my butt moving on submitting it lol... Guess I better do that the rest of today...

Good luck, guys!!! 

I am applying (VMCAS already sent in) for the first time this year too! Goodluck!!Yay, I'll be applying this cycle for the first time!
I made a mistake and sent my GRE scores to the wrong Illinois. I had them sent saturday but it still says pending. 🙁My Illinois supplemental is done except for linking my GRE. I hope the scores come through in time for Wednesday!Well, I just submitted mine. I should probably get my butt working on the Illinois supplemental...
Did anyone use the option to have VMCAS enter your course work for you? I am concerned because I did and my transcripts were sent back in August and it has approval that they accepted them. However it also says coursework will not begin until everything is submitted. And I am submiting tonight. Will everything still go through by the deadline??
I would assume since you are using the coursework entry service that if your transcripts are in then the entry will occur at the same time of verification. I'd call VMCAS and ask.Did anyone use the option to have VMCAS enter your course work for you? I am concerned because I did and my transcripts were sent back in August and it has approval that they accepted them. However it also says coursework will not begin until everything is submitted. And I am submiting tonight. Will everything still go through by the deadline??
For anyone else who may have a similar question I called and everything is okay! As long as VMCAS has your transcripts, you will still be meeting the deadline if you submit Oct 2!I would assume since you are using the coursework entry service that if your transcripts are in then the entry will occur at the same time of verification. I'd call VMCAS and ask.
Finally submitted my VMCAS and my available supplemental applications today! Illinois was a bit of a doozy but it feels great to be done. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. 😀
Just submitted VMCAS and my Colorado applications and mailed in my Kansas one this morning during lunch. lol. And my final evaluator is finishing her letter now because she forgot it was due tomorrow before 11 our time. Last year, I had this all done by August 22nd. Why didn't I do that again?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Guess who just submitted with an hour and a half to spare? 😉
Special thanks to @WillowLeaf and @SummerTheLynx for helping me with my PS 😀
Special thanks to @WillowLeaf and @SummerTheLynx for helping me with my PS 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wooooooo! Good job! Now, we wait.....Guess who just submitted with an hour and a half to spare? 😉
Special thanks to @WillowLeaf and @SummerTheLynx for helping me with my PS 😀
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yeah...I'm of the personality type where once something is out of my hands I tend not to dwell on it. Like a week from now I'll completely forget I even submitted to vet schoolWooooooo! Good job! Now, we wait.....

Good Luck, everyone! 
I am still amazed that I will be in clinics when you are all starting. Vet school flies by fast.

I am still amazed that I will be in clinics when you are all starting. Vet school flies by fast.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
God no. That would drive me crazy. I only visited those when I was trying to see what I should aim for in terms of experience hours. At this point it would just be torture.Yes, now we wait and read endless successful applicant forums 🙂
I just found out about these forums after I applied to 5 vet schools. So I am just curious what my fellow and past applicants are thinking. I wish I knew about this when I applied the first time last year.God no. That would drive me crazy. I only visited those when I was trying to see what I should aim for in terms of experience hours. At this point it would just be torture.
By the looks of your username, you are into wildlife and exotic animals. Can I ask where you applied to?I just found out about these forums after I applied to 5 vet schools. So I am just curious what my fellow and past applicants are thinking. I wish I knew about this when I applied the first time last year.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You guess correctly 🙂 UF, NCSU, UTK, and Penn. I would have applied to Mizzou and Kansas if they were closer to family.By the looks of your username, you are into wildlife and exotic animals. Can I ask where you applied to?
Okay, I am in Texas, but I am from Kansas City so I applied to Mizzou, Kansas, Illinois, Auburn and of course Texas A&M. I was a zookeeper for 3 years before going back to school and applying. I hope my application wasn't too wildlife/zoo heavily. I hear the people that read essays are small animal people who may not be into exotic animal medicineYou guess correctly 🙂 UF, NCSU, UTK, and Penn. I would have applied to Mizzou and Kansas if they were closer to family.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nice 🙂 being a zookeeper must have been really cool!Okay, I am in Texas, but I am from Kansas City so I applied to Mizzou, Kansas, Illinois, Auburn and of course Texas A&M. I was a zookeeper for 3 years before going back to school and applying. I hope my application wasn't too wildlife/zoo heavily. I hear the people that read essays are small animal people who may not be into exotic animal medicine
I hadn't heard that, but I wouldnt foresee it being a problem as long as you have some experience in other areas. Schools tend to like diversity but whether they more prefer breadth or depth really depends on the school.
So just to bitch for a minute...I found out today that one of the schools I applied to has posted my old GRE scores from 2 years ago as being received instead of my scores from this year which are substantially better. For all the money we pay these people, they should at least be able to take some small stress off of our shoulders by sending/posting the right scores. I still have no clue whether it's ETS's fault for not sending the current scores or if the school just posted the wrong ones on accident. I'm sorry but this is not the kind of crap I want to have to worry about right now!!! UGHH
Did you look on your My GRE account to make sure that you sent the correct scores?So just to bitch for a minute...I found out today that one of the schools I applied to has posted my old GRE scores from 2 years ago as being received instead of my scores from this year which are substantially better. For all the money we pay these people, they should at least be able to take some small stress off of our shoulders by sending/posting the right scores. I still have no clue whether it's ETS's fault for not sending the current scores or if the school just posted the wrong ones on accident. I'm sorry but this is not the kind of crap I want to have to worry about right now!!! UGHH
Yes. On my end, it says both the 2012 and 2014 scores (I chose to send both because I wanted schools to see the improvement) were sent but who knows if that's right? I know someone who applied last year to Illinois and they never got his GRE scores even though on the ETS site it said they were sent.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It probably would have been better just to send the most recent, I'm not sure how much schools actually look at GRE score improvementYes. On my end, it says both the 2012 and 2014 scores (I chose to send both because I wanted schools to see the improvement) were sent but who knows if that's right? I know someone who applied last year to Illinois and they never got his GRE scores even though on the ETS site it said they were sent.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm, well try to breathe for now, and contact ETS and the schools you applied to in the morning. Maybe the school did get both but just the one set of scores is posted.Yes. On my end, it says both the 2012 and 2014 scores (I chose to send both because I wanted schools to see the improvement) were sent but who knows if that's right? I know someone who applied last year to Illinois and they never got his GRE scores even though on the ETS site it said they were sent.
It wasn't only improvement. I remembered hearing/reading/I might have imagined that some of the schools I applied to wanted all the scores from your GRE not just your best or most recent. Who knows. If they would just let you take in a piece of paper with your school info on it I feel like it would be a little easier.It probably would have been better just to send the most recent, I'm not sure how much schools actually look at GRE score improvement
Hm, well try to breathe for now, and contact ETS and the schools you applied to in the morning. Maybe the school did get both but just the one set of scores is posted.
I'm breathing it's just a frustrating thing with the money being spent. I tend to stress more about things outside of my control then I do about things in my own hands. I wasn't stressed about the app at all but having to mail in application fees and things like scores being sent to the right places on time relies on people paid to do a service and there's no real guarantee that they did the job they were supposed to do.
And at least if I have to be stressed about this...IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON! And my team is kicking butt right now hehehe
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
What's your team?And at least if I have to be stressed about this...IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON! And my team is kicking butt right now hehehe
So just to bitch for a minute...I found out today that one of the schools I applied to has posted my old GRE scores from 2 years ago as being received instead of my scores from this year which are substantially better. For all the money we pay these people, they should at least be able to take some small stress off of our shoulders by sending/posting the right scores. I still have no clue whether it's ETS's fault for not sending the current scores or if the school just posted the wrong ones on accident. I'm sorry but this is not the kind of crap I want to have to worry about right now!!! UGHH
If it makes you feel better, one of my LOR's sent me a copy of her letter, AFTER she submitted it to VMCAS and my last name was misspelled..... YIKES. I was so upset and embarrassed, but did not have the heart to tell her. BUT HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!