c/o 2019 LECOM: Bradenton,FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MLH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone and welcome! PharmCAS has already opened the application for the 2014-2015 cycle!!!Feel free to ask questions, post stats, and chat. Good luck to everyone! Also, plan to apply to your choices ASAP. Earlier than later =more seats available! Waitlists are not fun!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received a supplemental invite yet? This is the only school that hasn't contacted me saying that they at least received everything and that my file is under review.

I submitted my application on August 10, and then I emailed the office last week and the woman said that I should be receiving an email regarding the supplemental application "in the next couple weeks".
Not sure why it takes that long!

Members don't see this ad :)
Try your best to not to go here. Unless you want a diploma mill degree In a job market where it matters where you go to school. Do yourselves a favor and don't go here. You have been warned. GL I hope you all get into your 1st choice school!

I enjoy this school. Btw it doesn't pump out anymore students than any other pharmacy college in Florida. For example UF over 300 seats and to our 143. Hmm who is pumping out those degrees? Also, we are up there with top schools in NAPLEX pass %. I'm happy I picked this college. I have been a student at large Universities and it wasn't for me. LECOM might not be for everyone and that goes for all schools. I support any adult's decision of what is best for them. That includes where they feel better placed for the educational needs. You coming onto a schools page and bash people just shows character and disregard for people. No matter what school you go to does not make you better than anyone else. Also, it does not make you more functional in the real world. You just bought a name to go one your diploma because we all have to pass the same licensing exam.In my hospital I worked at we had students from all types of colleges. Don't forget it's about who you are just as much as a name you bought. Also, it's about networking and who you know as well in this field. Make good impression on rotations and get them to hire you. We don't have issues with rotations or the locations of our rotations. So, I'm not worried that I chose LECOM.Just like you are not with what school you decided to go to. I wish everyone luck on where ever they go and to remember to develope into a person of: character ,respect, professionalism,and with the main goal of providing the best care for others...no matter the schools name that goes on your diploma.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
For our class interviews start in October. PharmCas opens a lot sooner than some schools are ready to start the interview process. Supplement is a quick form takes a few minutes. It's really just additional information to start setting up appointments for interviews.. in my opinion. The lady doing the admission is very wonderful and helpful! Just have patience because they are trying to set up first years starting and the return of our second years from rotations. So, alot is going on. They don't do early decision so they are not open as early as some schools as well. I applied in Sept set my interview in Oct for Nov interview . Interviewed and three days later was notfied of my acceptance. About the time frame for me.Some schools take supplements early and don't even start looking until sometime in October and interview after Jan I heard. Good luck hope you all get first choice schools!

I enjoy this school. Btw it doesn't pump out anymore students than any other pharmacy college in Florida. For example UF over 300 seats and to our 143. Hmm who is pumping out those degrees? Also, we are up there with top schools in NAPLEX pass %. I'm happy I picked this college. I have been a student at large Universities and it wasn't for me. LECOM might not be for everyone and that goes for all schools. I support any adult's decision of what is best for them. That includes where they feel better placed for the educational needs. You coming onto a schools page and bash people just shows character and disregard for people. No matter what school you go to does not make you better than anyone else. Also, it does not make you more functional in the real world. You just bought a name to go one your diploma because we all have to pass the same licensing exam.In my hospital I worked at we had students from all types of colleges. Don't forget it's about who you are just as much as a name you bought. Also, it's about networking and who you know as well in this field. Make good impression on rotations and get them to hire you. We don't have issues with rotations or the locations of our rotations. So, I'm not worried that I chose LECOM.Just like you are not with what school you decided to go to. I wish everyone luck on where ever they go and to remember to develope into a person of: character ,respect, professionalism,and with the main goal of providing the best care for others...no matter the schools name that goes on your diploma.
While you make good points it is still true that LECOM is a diploma mill. I know someone who goes there who got a 27% on their PCAT! That's laughable.

LECOM is a new school, no reputation, every single preceptor I have talked to said "LECOMs students are not the sharpest tools in the tool shed" this apples to northeast area and florida.

Also do remember that the Naplex is a minimum competency exam. So to have high pass rates doesn't mean much since virtually every school does. Speaking of pumping out grads I read on here that UF is actually closing one of their campuses while LECOM just expanded a distance education program? That means diploma mill. You must still be in the honey moon phase because I know people who go to both campuses. They regret it everyday. But still I hope you are successful. I am just trying to do a service to warn potential applicants to stay as far away as possible.

Check out wehatelecom.com

People go to certain schools for many reasons. Also, major university uses distant learning pathways as well ..LECOM did not make this up to just pump degrees.Btw I am a firm believer that numbers do not define everything about an applicant. I love an holestic approach for applicants. Also, you can not generalize an entire student body on a select few values or opinions of biased misinformed individuals.By the way I can google I hate (insert school) and find a lot and you never know the motives or true story behind a post. Like you said you are at one school and you have friends at another this is why networking becomes bigger factor than the school you came from. And if you're strong fact given to a person on a huge decision in their life is based off a unreliable.source like Facebook or I hatelecom than that is just a huge injustice to the individual you're trying to advise. If this school is the person choice or any school I hope they pick what is right for them. What you should do is offer support and help not discouragement and negativity and hate. Go start a topic in the forum about hating whatever you want. But going on a schools.specific side where people are just asking for advice on applying and reassurance is not right. I don't see anyone on here telling anyone this must be their school choice. We are just here for support and encouragement for their choice whatever it is. Now of they posted on a no school specific what should I do lecom vs school b then feel free too put.your opinion in. I feel this way with any school on here. Not a place for trolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So I submitted my supplemental 8/26 and still haven't heard anything. I wouldn't normally be worried but someone else said they already received an interview invite.. How long do they normally take?

Hey! Received an interview for October 16! Anyone else going then? Has anyone heard anything about how interviews are conducted?

Hi everyone! My PharmCAS was verified today :happy: and sent out to the schools. I was wondering how long it took to receive the supplemental application email??

Hi everyone! PharmCAS and supplemental have arrived at LECOM Bradenton - just waiting for it to be processed. Hopefully I hear something soon! I got the notification for the supplemental application on 9/22 and my application was verified on 9/12. My PCAT was also just posted to my application that I took on September 5. Still waiting on the supplemental to be processed into LECOM's system!

What made you all decide that you want to go to pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! PharmCAS and supplemental have arrived at LECOM Bradenton - just waiting for it to be processed. Hopefully I hear something soon! I got the notification for the supplemental application on 9/22 and my application was verified on 9/12. My PCAT was also just posted to my application that I took on September 5. Still waiting on the supplemental to be processed into LECOM's system!

What made you all decide that you want to go to pharmacy school?

Thanks for the info!
And to answer your question.. For me, I chosen pharmacy school because I enjoy math & science and I wanted a medical career where I don't have contact with blood, urine, etc.

Also, is there any writing portion/essay for the supplemental application?

Thanks for the info!
And to answer your question.. For me, I chosen pharmacy school because I enjoy math & science and I wanted a medical career where I don't have contact with blood, urine, etc.

Also, is there any writing portion/essay for the supplemental application?

That's basically why I chose it too! A year in organic chemistry and 2.5 years working in a pharmacy confirmed that for me! Nope, just the same questions that PharmCAS asked you... are you a felon, are you white/black/hispanic, what's your gender... took me about 4 minutes. Just costs 50 bucks.

That's basically why I chose it too! A year in organic chemistry and 2.5 years working in a pharmacy confirmed that for me! Nope, just the same questions that PharmCAS asked you... are you a felon, are you white/black/hispanic, what's your gender... took me about 4 minutes. Just costs 50 bucks.

Received/submitted the supplemental this morning.. Now time to wait :whistle:

So, do you work in retail, hospital or somewhere else?

People go to certain schools for many reasons. Also, major university uses distant learning pathways as well ..LECOM did not make this up to just pump degrees.Btw I am a firm believer that numbers do not define everything about an applicant. I love an holestic approach for applicants. Also, you can not generalize an entire student body on a select few values or opinions of biased misinformed individuals.By the way I can google I hate (insert school) and find a lot and you never know the motives or true story behind a post. Like you said you are at one school and you have friends at another this is why networking becomes bigger factor than the school you came from. And if you're strong fact given to a person on a huge decision in their life is based off a unreliable.source like Facebook or I hatelecom than that is just a huge injustice to the individual you're trying to advise. If this school is the person choice or any school I hope they pick what is right for them. What you should do is offer support and help not discouragement and negativity and hate. Go start a topic in the forum about hating whatever you want. But going on a schools.specific side where people are just asking for advice on applying and reassurance is not right. I don't see anyone on here telling anyone this must be their school choice. We are just here for support and encouragement for their choice whatever it is. Now of they posted on a no school specific what should I do lecom vs school b then feel free too put.your opinion in. I feel this way with any school on here. Not a place for trolling.
Hey!
I have my interview on Oct 16! When you had your interview, did they throw any curve balls? I've heard some schools do that during an interview lol.. Also, question about the school. Are there good compounding opportunities? That's what I want to get into

Received an interview invite this morning! Haven't decided the date yet but it's pretty much any Tuesday from here on. I guess all the Thursdays were taken lol

Received an interview invite this morning! Haven't decided the date yet but it's pretty much any Tuesday from here on. I guess all the Thursdays were taken lol
Hi, what campus are you applying too? Did you get the invitation from Bradenton?

Oh, I actually applied to both campus and the interview invite is for Erie that I was offered

Received/submitted the supplemental this morning.. Now time to wait :whistle:

So, do you work in retail, hospital or somewhere else?
I've worked in a retail chain pharmacy for 2.5 years.

Hi guys - update! I received an e-mail yesterday notifying me that I have received an interview! Will be attending it in Bradenton THIS WEEK!!!

I've worked in a retail chain pharmacy for 2.5 years.

Hi guys - update! I received an e-mail yesterday notifying me that I have received an interview! Will be attending it in Bradenton THIS WEEK!!!
Congratulations on your interview. Was your status changed to anything before they send you the email? Thanks for the update.

Congratulations on your interview. Was your status changed to anything before they send you the email? Thanks for the update.
No, it wasn't! I just received an e-mail saying that I had an interview and to confirm it.

I scheduled the interviews for both campuses. However, I'm thinking that I might cancel all of them.

How long after submitting your supplemental application did you all receive an interview invite?

Well, I really liked the school but I'm from the area so it may be different for you.
I got in to school that is closed to my house. I have to deposit $750 to keep my seat. So I don't know if I should spend more money for traveling for the interview while I don't know if I'm going to choose LECOM if I'm accepted

Has anyone's status changed on the portal yet? She said decisions would most likely be done today

Has anyone's status changed on the portal yet? She said decisions would most likely be done today
Did your status change? They said it would be done yesterday, but my status still hasn't changed today. :/

Yours hasn't changed?! My friend and I found out we were accepted yesterday and we interviewed last Thursday.
I interviewed last Thursday with you and they said decisions would most likely be out Wednesday so I'm honestly panicking a little... but I emailed Lauren today and she said they just haven't gotten to everyone yet. I wonder if anyone else from that interview date is experiencing this. I wish I could ask but I don't know any of them.

Yours hasn't changed?! My friend and I found out we were accepted yesterday and we interviewed last Thursday.

Do you know of any decision times from old students or forums? I heard they make decisions at different rates, but I'm just kinda scared.

Yeah i found out yesterday that i got in. i called Lauren!

damn ok, do you know anyone that interviewed with us that didn't get in or got on the alternate list?

Not yet. So far I got in, my friend got in, Lucy got in... I don't know anyone else from the interview. I hope they get back to you soon.

Not yet. So far I got in, my friend got in, Lucy got in... I don't know anyone else from the interview. I hope they get back to you soon.

Thank you. It's Monday and I still haven't heard anything. I know you 3 that got in and then I heard of two more that did (I found them on fb). So I don't really know what to do at this point. I guess just waiting...

Thank you. It's Monday and I still haven't heard anything. I know you 3 that got in and then I heard of two more that did (I found them on fb). So I don't really know what to do at this point. I guess just waiting...
That is soooo strange. Are you doing the distance program? Maybe that's why.

That is soooo strange. Are you doing the distance program? Maybe that's why.

Nope! I only applied to the traditional pathway. Do you think I should contact Lauren and make sure that's the one I applied for? (Even though I'm positive that's what I did) I just don't want to rush her/piss her off

Nope! I only applied to the traditional pathway. Do you think I should contact Lauren and make sure that's the one I applied for? (Even though I'm positive that's what I did) I just don't want to rush her/piss her off
Honestly, I would call and find out what's going on! My other 2 friends interviewed last Thursday (23rd) after us and just found out that they are accepted today.

Does anyone know if the matriculation check has to be sent certified mail?

Accepted! Has anyone started a FB group for the class?

Hey does LECOM require A&P as a prereq? It's not saying that I need to take it on my status in the portal?

accepted to which campus?

Accepted to Bradenton, and an alternate at Erie which I find odd. I am sure if I choose to wait on Erie they would eventually accept me since it is so early, but I HATE cold weather. I wish Bradenton was 3 years. ugh. I also was accepted at MCPHS, but haven't heard great things about them. idk. I have other interviews, but I'm pretty happy with Bradenton; however, those three year programs are tempting.... I'll either be 28 or 29 when graduating and kind of just want to get my life started.

Also, I tried making a facebook group for bradenton c/o 2019, but I apparently can't make a group by myself, and I know no one. haha so if anyone has a mutual friend in the class, get that fb group going. thx