c/o 2019 LECOM: Bradenton,FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you!!! :) I submitted my application Nov 19, verified on Nov 25 with pharmcas. Submitted my supplemental on Dec 1 and received the interview invite Dec 31. I hope you get an interview!!! Good luck!

Oh good, thanks for the info! Best of luck on your interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Just interviewed today! It was nice there! Really exciting to see the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Bradenton, and an alternate at Erie which I find odd. I am sure if I choose to wait on Erie they would eventually accept me since it is so early, but I HATE cold weather. I wish Bradenton was 3 years. ugh. I also was accepted at MCPHS, but haven't heard great things about them. idk. I have other interviews, but I'm pretty happy with Bradenton; however, those three year programs are tempting.... I'll either be 28 or 29 when graduating and kind of just want to get my life started.

Also, I tried making a facebook group for bradenton c/o 2019, but I apparently can't make a group by myself, and I know no one. haha so if anyone has a mutual friend in the class, get that fb group going. thx

I have an interview with Bradenton on 1/29 but I'm still waiting to hear back for the distance pathway. I'm from California, it would sucks to spend so much for a trip out there for an interview & if I get another interview the distance. Could you tell me what you like about Bradenton & how it was like on the interview day & interview questions. I'm still trying to decide if I should push back the interview date or cancel it and wait for distance pathway.

Thanks.

Can someone tell us how the interview date was? How long were you on campus? Did they require you to write an essay? Sorry im so nervous! It's my only interview :(

It really wasn't bad at all. It was from 8 to like 11 30. No essay. They walk you through what the school is all about, and what you will be doing there. Then you separate into groups and do an interview and take a tour. The interview was straight forward questions. I was really nervous, but my interviewer was nice. It's also helpful to talk to the other students interviewing to get the nerves out. They're in the same situation as you, and you might be future classmates! The people leading the tour are students there and you can ask them questions and they tell you about things from a student's perspective. Everyone was really nice and friendly, just be yourself and you'll be fine.

I have an interview with Bradenton on 1/29 but I'm still waiting to hear back for the distance pathway. I'm from California, it would sucks to spend so much for a trip out there for an interview & if I get another interview the distance. Could you tell me what you like about Bradenton & how it was like on the interview day & interview questions. I'm still trying to decide if I should push back the interview date or cancel it and wait for distance pathway.

Thanks.
You have to interview for Bradenton and Distance Pathway separately?

It really wasn't bad at all. It was from 8 to like 11 30. No essay. They walk you through what the school is all about, and what you will be doing there. Then you separate into groups and do an interview and take a tour. The interview was straight forward questions. I was really nervous, but my interviewer was nice. It's also helpful to talk to the other students interviewing to get the nerves out. They're in the same situation as you, and you might be future classmates! The people leading the tour are students there and you can ask them questions and they tell you about things from a student's perspective. Everyone was really nice and friendly, just be yourself and you'll be fine.
I think you were at my interview (if it was last Tuesday)! Just got accepted! Hope you did too!

It just says, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days."

That doesn't sounds good....

It just says, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days."

That doesn't sounds good....
No! You're supposed to call them when you see that they made a decision! Lol! Call Lauren!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys - haven't checked this in a while. How did the interviews go? Sorry to see one of you didn't get in. Keep trying!

Yes, call Lauren to find out. For anyone interviewing today.. I will be there during your interview..so, good luck and no worries.

Finally got through to Lauren, I think she was avoiding my call, I'm an alternate :\ ... Hopefully it goes better at usf and nova. I think they probably thought that I was too charming and good looking to be a good fit at their school. Good luck to everyone going and interviewing there!

Reactions: 1 users
Colinpharmacy if you mind me asking what are your stats because I got accepted at Lecom however I haven't heard from Nova for an interview

Yeah, 61 on pcat, 3.0 gpa, 4 lor, 50 hours volunteer, some shadowing. My brother goes to D.O. school at nova, so that may have helped get me an interview there.

Sorry but what is d.o. School? I am hoping to get an interview at nova still

Do you know anyone that may be contacted at nova for help on an interview?

Sorry but what is d.o. School? I am hoping to get an interview at nova still
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
Do you know anyone that may be contacted at nova for help on an interview?
Go to the Nova forum. Kori is an advisor there that can probably help: [email protected]. I didn't get an interview til last week. They aren't the most organized school when it comes to admissions.

I had my interview this past Thursday, Lauren said tuesday morning the status would change and we can call her to find out, i wish it were tuesday already!! and its only been 2 days :(....and tomorrow is my birthday so getting accepted would be an awesome birthday present :D

Hey guys!

I have my interview 1/29 and I was wondering what types of questions I'd be asked. I did some research and was suggested to check out the interview feedback forum http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/lecom-sop-fl/survey/29

However it's a broken link. Anyone know where an updated interview feedback thread is or can give any good advice as to what types of questions to prepare for?

Finally got through to Lauren, I think she was avoiding my call, I'm an alternate :\ ... Hopefully it goes better at usf and nova. I think they probably thought that I was too charming and good looking to be a good fit at their school. Good luck to everyone going and interviewing there!
Aw BOO! Hope you get into USF or NOVA!

I got accepted today! Woohoooooo
I have my interview on 1/29, if u don't mind sharing the questions & what it was like? Was it just 1 on 1 or group panel? I'm super nervous & not sure how to prepare for it! I really want to be accepted!

I have my interview on 1/29, if u don't mind sharing the questions & what it was like? Was it just 1 on 1 or group panel? I'm super nervous & not sure how to prepare for it! I really want to be accepted!
Find me on Facebook and ill send you a picture of the schedule for the interview day. It is one and one and NOT a panel! Thank god! Lol. But don't be nervous. Talk to other students in the conference room. You get really acquainted with them and they make it so much better. It was very relaxed. Questions were simple. "Tell me about yourself" "Why pharmacy" But don't make it sound scripted!

Hello!!
I have my interview next thursday 1/29. I am so excited, but English is not my main language. I'm looking for any advice for my interview day. Thank you guys!

My wife is a pharmacist graduated in 2013 from NSU Puerto Rico site.

I got in to school that is closed to my house. I have to deposit $750 to keep my seat. So I don't know if I should spend more money for traveling for the interview while I don't know if I'm going to choose LECOM if I'm accepted

Question: Can anyone help me. I recently got accepted into LECOM for c/o 2019. However, the $500 deposit to save my seat is soon. I wanted to know if anyone knew if they would reimburse you back your money if I deposited it but then decided I wanted to go to another school. I still have a couple interviews left and I don't want to make a decision so soon. Can anyone give me input, it would be appreciated. Thanks

You don't get it back for any school it's non refundable

What I need to bring to the interview? Something?
THX

I got accepted but will be declining it so I hope somebody else on here gets the spot!!

Question: Can anyone help me. I recently got accepted into LECOM for c/o 2019. However, the $500 deposit to save my seat is soon. I wanted to know if anyone knew if they would reimburse you back your money if I deposited it but then decided I wanted to go to another school. I still have a couple interviews left and I don't want to make a decision so soon. Can anyone give me input, it would be appreciated. Thanks

ask for an extension on the payment due date

Hey guys! My interview date is Feb. 26th at 12:45PM. Im flying in from Georgia and back that same day! I was wondering how long the interview last and what the schedule is like. Does my interview start at 12:45 or is that when the tour begins ? Please inform me :) I might have to change my flight arrangements

Congrats to all of you that have been accepted!
&& Good luck everyone else!

Hello!!
I have my interview next thursday 1/29. I am so excited, but English is not my main language. I'm looking for any advice for my interview day. Thank you guys!

My wife is a pharmacist graduated in 2013 from NSU Puerto Rico site.

Hi KM! I was wondering how your interview went? Mines in February. Good luck~

Hey guys! My interview date is Feb. 26th at 12:45PM. Im flying in from Georgia and back that same day! I was wondering how long the interview last and what the schedule is like. Does my interview start at 12:45 or is that when the tour begins ? Please inform me :) I might have to change my flight arrangements

Congrats to all of you that have been accepted!
&& Good luck everyone else!
Your interview might end at 5pm. My interview started at 745am and lasted until noon. Basically this is what happens… You go into a conference room and you find your name (by last name). You sit down and wait and mingle with other potential candidates. Then one person gives an introduction to the school. A professor then comes in and talks about the entire curriculum and all the fields in pharmacy. Then you get split into 2 groups. If you are in group 1, this is when your interview is. *You have a scheduled interview time and you will get this when you sit down where you found your name - its in a packet*. So during interviews, you are in another conference room and you just wait until the person interviewing you calls you. The interview is SOOO relaxed. No hard questions either. Just questions getting to know you and basically why pharmacy. While group 1 is in interviews, group 2 is getting a tour with two student ambassadors. These students are here to help you and what you ask them is between you and them. So ask them ANYTHING your heart desires. After group 1 is done with interviews, group 2 is then placed in that conference room and called by interviewers and group 1 is given the tour. After interviews are done, you go back to the previous conference room located on the first floor. A financial aid officer will talk about the tuition and how much loans you are able to take out. Then Lauren (SO SWEET!!!) goes over admissions and when you will hear back and then talks about the community and what it has to offer. Then the associate dean comes in and talks about herself and why she chose pharmacy and wishes the best for us. And thats it. It's really relaxed and the staff there makes you feel very welcomed. Oh yeah… when you walk into the building, it is secured. So the security guy has to buzz you in and you must sign in with him with your ID and wait until Lauren gets you.

BY THE WAY ---- I NEED 2 FEMALE ROOMATES! Lol.
It is a 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath town home. PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF INTERESTED and ill give details on pricing!
Pleaaaaaaseeee message me. I have a potential D.O. roommate candidate, but I would like pharmacy students.

Has anyone from the 1/29 interview called Lauren yet? I'm so anxious but I don't want to annoy her haha. Post any updates here!

Edit: Accepted!! Called this morning at 11am. Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Left a message at 2 PM. Should I call back before 5 ? Hope I'm not being avoided :/

I just received my acceptance letter :soexcited:is there a Facebook page for the the class of 2019?

Hi all! I have created a Facebook page for the class of 2019.
"LECOM-Bradenton School of Pharmacy C/O 2019"
Please join the group!

While you make good points it is still true that LECOM is a diploma mill. I know someone who goes there who got a 27% on their PCAT! That's laughable.

LECOM is a new school, no reputation, every single preceptor I have talked to said "LECOMs students are not the sharpest tools in the tool shed" this apples to northeast area and florida.

Also do remember that the Naplex is a minimum competency exam. So to have high pass rates doesn't mean much since virtually every school does. Speaking of pumping out grads I read on here that UF is actually closing one of their campuses while LECOM just expanded a distance education program? That means diploma mill. You must still be in the honey moon phase because I know people who go to both campuses. They regret it everyday. But still I hope you are successful. I am just trying to do a service to warn potential applicants to stay as far away as possible.

Check out wehatelecom.com
Two kids at my comm college got in with 20s pcat and 3.4-3.9 gpa

Two kids at my comm college got in with 20s pcat and 3.4-3.9 gpa

I didn't feel like finding the original post from CaffeineAddict, so I just quoted yours.

Rant coming, so with all due respect....

I went to a community college, I have worked in a pharmacy for 3 years, I have a 3.8 GPA and got a 92 on my PCAT. LECOM is the only school I applied to and the only one I wanted to go to. I have received negative commentary on the fact that I went to a community college, yet I managed to score significantly higher on my PCAT than some people that I've talked to that attended a university. I also have no debt at all. Your education is what you make of it; we are going to be taught the same things as really any other pharmacy school. I mean, LECOM's accredited - they have to put out decent pharmacists to be able to maintain that. There will be students that will study very hard and learn the material well and there will be the students that barely get by. It's a shame that the people that barely get by are used to define LECOM but I can promise you that I will not be singled out as "not the brightest tool in the tool shed." Every school has its shortcomings, so if you're not interested in going to LECOM then please stay off of this topic and go to YOUR school's topic.

Just saying, USF just opened up a pharmacy school despite the saturation - does that also make them a diploma mill?

I didn't feel like finding the original post from CaffeineAddict, so I just quoted yours.

I went to a community college, I have worked in a pharmacy for 3 years, I have a 3.8 GPA and got a 92 on my PCAT. LECOM is the only school I applied to and the only one I wanted to go to. I have received negative commentary on the fact that I went to a community college, yet I managed to score significantly higher on my PCAT than some people that I've talked to that attended a university. I also have no debt at all. Your education is what you make of it; we are going to be taught the same things as really any other pharmacy school. I mean, LECOM's accredited - they have to put out decent pharmacists to be able to maintain that. There will be students that will study very hard and learn the material well and there will be the students that barely get by. It's a shame that the people that barely get by are used to define LECOM but I can promise you that I will not be singled out as "not the brightest tool in the tool shed." Every school has its shortcomings, so if you're not interested in going to LECOM then please stay off of this topic and go to YOUR school's topic.

Just saying, USF just opened up a pharmacy school despite the saturation - does that also make them a diploma mill?

I went to CC too btw.
Just curious why did you choose LECOM? I have a friend who is a p1 currently and last time I talked to him he wasn't a huge fan.