c/o 2019 LECOM: Bradenton,FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted to Bradenton, and an alternate at Erie which I find odd. I am sure if I choose to wait on Erie they would eventually accept me since it is so early, but I HATE cold weather. I wish Bradenton was 3 years. ugh. I also was accepted at MCPHS, but haven't heard great things about them. idk. I have other interviews, but I'm pretty happy with Bradenton; however, those three year programs are tempting.... I'll either be 28 or 29 when graduating and kind of just want to get my life started.

Also, I tried making a facebook group for bradenton c/o 2019, but I apparently can't make a group by myself, and I know no one. haha so if anyone has a mutual friend in the class, get that fb group going. thx
Hey AZ..I was accepted to both Bradenton and Erie, but like you I HATE cold weather too!!! So, I will be going to Bradenton..soo theres a seat open for you on the alternate list I hope if you end up going there! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to Bradenton, and an alternate at Erie which I find odd. I am sure if I choose to wait on Erie they would eventually accept me since it is so early, but I HATE cold weather. I wish Bradenton was 3 years. ugh. I also was accepted at MCPHS, but haven't heard great things about them. idk. I have other interviews, but I'm pretty happy with Bradenton; however, those three year programs are tempting.... I'll either be 28 or 29 when graduating and kind of just want to get my life started.

Also, I tried making a facebook group for bradenton c/o 2019, but I apparently can't make a group by myself, and I know no one. haha so if anyone has a mutual friend in the class, get that fb group going. thx
Also..I feel the same way as you! I just want to get my life started! haha I will also be 29 when I am finished!

Does anyone know if the matriculation check has to be sent certified mail?
I sent mine via certified mail. Make sure you let them know that it's coming because mine had to be delivered since there was nobody there to sign for it... it got sent back to the post office. Just e-mail Lauren and she's awesome about it (if you're doing Bradenton)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also..I feel the same way as you! I just want to get my life started! haha I will also be 29 when I am finished!
Congrats! We're gonna be classmates :) I feel so young because I'm 20.. lol

yeah i know what you mean, i wish they had the 3yr program as well its a difference of 30-31 for me :yeahright: I'm from Miami so hopefully that helps when applying to Bradenton Campus. I havent heard too many good things about them but and education is all I really care about at this moment.

Hi everyone! PharmCAS and supplemental have arrived at LECOM Bradenton - just waiting for it to be processed. Hopefully I hear something soon! I got the notification for the supplemental application on 9/22 and my application was verified on 9/12. My PCAT was also just posted to my application that I took on September 5. Still waiting on the supplemental to be processed into LECOM's system!

What made you all decide that you want to go to pharmacy school?
I have the interview in December 4, can you tell me what are the questions for the interview thank you.

I have the interview in December 4, can you tell me what are the questions for the interview thank you.
I don't feel comfortable telling you every question, but it was nothing hard. I mean definitely expect the "why pharmacy?" question and they're going to want for you to tell them about yourself. Read up on the school too.

I don't feel comfortable telling you every question, but it was nothing hard. I mean definitely expect the "why pharmacy?" question and they're going to want for you to tell them about yourself. Read up on the school too.
OldPhotography, when did you interview?

"""
anyway thanks for you reply I want prepare for it because english is my second language, thanks

"""
anyway thanks for you reply I want prepare for it because english is my second language, thanks
You will definitely be okay, don't worry! My friend did very well during her interview and English is her second language as well. Her first language is Arabic :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got in! I Interviewed Oct. 16 and called to find out I got accepted Oct 22. Paid my dues and I'm super excited!!! I'm a Florida girl and the Bradenton campus is gorgeous! The interview was very relaxed and more like a conversation so if you have an interview don't worry too much. Of course prepare for the obvious questions like why pharmacy but just be yourself!

I was wondering what kind of essay will we have to write during the interview because I didnt take the PCAT. Thank you.

I was wondering what kind of essay will we have to write during the interview because I didnt take the PCAT. Thank you.

I didn't take the PCAT either. They didn't make us do the writing sample this year. I think it's the first year they didn't need it from the students that didn't take the PCAT. So don't worry! :)

Hey everyone, I'm currently a P1 at the Bradenton campus! Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll answer the best I can.

FYI, please do not believe LECOM is just a "diploma mill." Yes, we are fairly new, but we are still an accredited program. Remember that grades and PCAT scores aren't everything! You can be the smartest student and best test-taker, but that does not mean you will be the best pharmacist. Can you talk to people? Can you multi-task? Are you willing to work with others as a team? No matter what school you go to, it is going to be a huge adjustment to what you are used to.

Also, as a class, it helps to create a Facebook page. Most people have an account, and a lot of upperclassman are willing to join the group and answer any questions.

Good luck to everyone! :)

I didn't take the PCAT either. They didn't make us do the writing sample this year. I think it's the first year they didn't need it from the students that didn't take the PCAT. So don't worry! :)

Thank you..did you have an interview yet? If yes, can you tell me about the detail? thank you.

So where is everyone going to live? I like those apartments across the street although they are on the pricier side

got an interview!! they assigned me December 4th, 2 days away but I have a lab final for anatomy 1 that morning so I had to call and ask to reschedule for January 15th the next available date. I am hoping there will still be spots left for acceptance that late but I can't miss the lab final

For those that have been accepted, any tips for the interview. Mine is coming up soon and I am hoping to do my best possible.

Hey everyone! Congratulations to those who have been accepted and best of luck to the ones who are in the application process.

I was very active on here until school started. If anyone has any questions please feel free to inbox me or reply on here. I am on my last week of finals so I will try my best to respond as soon as I can. I'll be done on the 12th.

i have an interview jan 29, 2015. any tips or advice?!

I've worked in a retail chain pharmacy for 2.5 years.

Hi guys - update! I received an e-mail yesterday notifying me that I have received an interview! Will be attending it in Bradenton THIS WEEK!!!
what are your stats? gpa/pcat/extracurricular????

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is excited about the many possibilities heading your way! You have all worked hard to get to this stage of the game. I just want to wish everyone luck and I hope you all get into your top choice schools. I am currently a student at LECOM. I would have been on sooner but I forgot my sign on information...If anyone has any questions feel free to message me. Hope everyone the best!

what are your stats? gpa/pcat/extracurricular????
GPA: 3.82
PCAT: 92 percentile
I've worked for a retail pharmacy for 2.5 years (started when I was 18), I was president of my school's American Chemical Society for a year and a half, I volunteered for an engineering company testing an invention for them for about a year, had 3 very strong LOR

Congrats to everyone who got in! I Interviewed Oct. 16 and called to find out I got accepted Oct 22. Paid my dues and I'm super excited!!! I'm a Florida girl and the Bradenton campus is gorgeous! The interview was very relaxed and more like a conversation so if you have an interview don't worry too much. Of course prepare for the obvious questions like why pharmacy but just be yourself!
Did your status changed? I interviewed 12/16 we were told decisions were gonna be ready for 12/24 but the status has not change.

GPA: 3.82
PCAT: 92 percentile
I've worked for a retail pharmacy for 2.5 years (started when I was 18), I was president of my school's American Chemical Society for a year and a half, I volunteered for an engineering company testing an invention for them for about a year, had 3 very strong LOR
Did your status changed? I interviewed 12/16 we were told decisions were gonna be ready 12/24 but the status has not changed.

Did your status changed? I interviewed 12/16 we were told decisions were gonna be ready 12/24 but the status has not changed.
I received my acceptance letter at the end of October and I interviewed 10/16. My status changed the Wednesday following the interview which was on a Thursday

I received my acceptance letter at the end of October and I interviewed 10/16. My status changed the Wednesday following the interview which was on a Thursday
Thank you for your reply. My status has not change, I'm so impatient.

Thank you for your reply. My status has not change, I'm so impatient.
Well, I would give LECOM a call regarding your status if she said it would be posted by 12/24. My friend applied for the dental program and her status didn't change at all on the day she was supposed to find out whether she was in or not... when she called it unfortunately wasn't good news. However, that's the dental program which is different from pharmacy. Give them a call and see what's going on with it. It will solve the impatience. I got so anxious that weekend I had to wait to find out.

I remember calling when it said a decision has been made!

Edit: Be patient you'll find out soon!

Last edited:
Ahhh! Just got an interview for Jan 6! First week of classes :( And VERY soon!!! ADVICE PLEASE ON THE INTERVIEW!!!

Ahhh! Just got an interview for Jan 6! First week of classes :( And VERY soon!!! ADVICE PLEASE ON THE INTERVIEW!!!

Be yourself and remember to smile. They just want to get to know you because they've seen your academics. If they ask you a question try to answer fully by bringing up an example and then mentioning how it changed or affected you. Best of luck! You will do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the acceptance! Also, good luck to those with interviews!

Be yourself and remember to smile. They just want to get to know you because they've seen your academics. If they ask you a question try to answer fully by bringing up an example and then mentioning how it changed or affected you. Best of luck! You will do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah thank you Cleaveland!!! I hope I get in!!! :) This is my number one choice! I just can't believe they gave me one six days from now. The nerves are on fire right now haha. Will the interview be one on one or is there a panel? The email I received said I will interview with the panel and my friend who is a first year there said he interviewed individually. Did they change the interview process?

Reactions: 1 users
Ah thank you Cleaveland!!! I hope I get in!!! :) This is my number one choice! I just can't believe they gave me one six days from now. The nerves are on fire right now haha. Will the interview be one on one or is there a panel? The email I received said I will interview with the panel and my friend who is a first year there said he interviewed individually. Did they change the interview process?
The interview was one on one with a professor for me and I had mine in October. So basically here's how it went..

They split us into 2 groups. There were roughly about 16 of us. One group interviewed first and the other group went with 2 student ambassadors and got a tour of the facilities. The interviewing group was placed into a conference room and awaited the professor to come in and call them in. There were 4 that were interviewed while the other 4 of us remained in the room and talked. Honestly, you'll be fine. They emphasized making it a laid back environment and it really was.

Well, I would give LECOM a call regarding your status if she said it would be posted by 12/24. My friend applied for the dental program and her status didn't change at all on the day she was supposed to find out whether she was in or not... when she called it unfortunately wasn't good news. However, that's the dental program which is different from pharmacy. Give them a call and see what's going on with it. It will solve the impatience. I got so anxious that weekend I had to wait to find out.
Unfortunately I didnt get in. So sad its the only school i applied to

Congratulations, futurepharm813! May I ask when your application was finalized? I applied recently as well and am trying to hold onto hope that I'll get an interview as well. Thanks!

Congratulations, futurepharm813! May I ask when your application was finalized? I applied recently as well and am trying to hold onto hope that I'll get an interview as well. Thanks!
Thank you!!! :) I submitted my application Nov 19, verified on Nov 25 with pharmcas. Submitted my supplemental on Dec 1 and received the interview invite Dec 31. I hope you get an interview!!! Good luck!