• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Calculating GPA

mgOT

Nov 24, 2012
  1. Occupational Therapy Student
    When schools say they require an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better, does it means they combine the GPAs from all undergraduate institutions and take that number or just look your overall undergraduate GPA from the institution where you graduated?

OTlove88

Dec 20, 2012
    1. Psychology Student
      It depends on the program - the programs that take cumulative undergraduate GPA look at the average of all institutions and then there are the programs that only look at your last 60 credit GPA so it would depend how many institutions you attended for the last 60 credits.

mgOT

Nov 24, 2012
        I was unhappy with Chatham because they only take my GPA at the institution I graduated from, and my GPA is below 3.0. I wouldn't have applied there if I knew about this.

About the Ads

dobber

7+ Year Member
        Jan 21, 2013
        Pennsylvania
        1. Rehab Sci Student
          This is what I found in the Chatham website:

A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
          Cumulative prerequisite course grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale; grades below a "C" are not acceptable in prerequisite courses
          Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
          On-campus writing sample and interview
          Completed application for admission, including:
          Official transcripts from all college and universities attended

Its weird that they put that on the requirement page, if they don't take that in consideration.

mgOT

Nov 24, 2012
            This is what I found in the Chatham website:

A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
            Cumulative prerequisite course grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale; grades below a “C” are not acceptable in prerequisite courses
            Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
            On-campus writing sample and interview
            Completed application for admission, including:
            Official transcripts from all college and universities attended

Its weird that they put that on the requirement page, if they don't take that in consideration.

That is why I found it to be unprofessional. I hope they will clarify for next cycle.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.