Calculus Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcao

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any schools that require Calculus as a prerequisite? I have a couple of schools I've looked up and none of them required them, so I'm not taking Calculus. But, I'm just wondering if there are any known schools out there that do require it.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of any schools that require Calculus as a prerequisite? I have a couple of schools I've looked up and none of them required them, so I'm not taking Calculus. But, I'm just wondering if there are any known schools out there that do require it.

I believe Harvad, Boston and a third school I can't remember do.

Just check the schools that require it if you are worried. Look at the schools you are thinking of applying to so you can see for yourself. If you are that against taking it, just be prepared to not apply to certain schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for that spreadsheet, it has a lot of information all in one area. I'm not a traditional student, so I'm trying to take just the core prerequisites.

Thanks for that spreadsheet, it has a lot of information all in one area. I'm not a traditional student, so I'm trying to take just the core prerequisites.

Ah, don't worry about calc then. Just make sure when you apply to double check that you have done all the prereqs for the schools you apply to.

Stony Brook requires it as well!

Stony Brook requires it as well!

Yes, the third school I couldn't remember!

I believe these are the only 3 schools that need a calc course out of you.

I recently chose to drop calc for the fall, because I also am post-bacc and non-trad and there seems to be no need to take calc, because lord knows I am not getting into Harvard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ :laugh:

The following is a list of dental schools and their math prerequisites:

University of Buffalo: None

CaseWestern Reserve University: None

University of Colorado: None

Columbia: None

Creighton Mercy: None

Georgia: None

Harvard: Yes. Calculus. (Please note that statistics, college algebra or computer science do not replace the requirement for calculus.)

Texas - Houston: None

Howard: None

Indiana: None

Iowa: None

Kentucky: None

Loma Linda: Recommended: College Algebra/Calculus

Louisville: None

LSU: None

Marquette: None

Maryland: None

Meharry: None

Michigan: None

Midwestern: None

Minnesota: A minimum of 3 semester credits in one of the following courses: college algebra or precalculus by college credit or college validation, computer science, or statistics.

MUSC: 6 semester hours

Nebraska: None

NOVA: None

NYU: None

OHS: None

Oregon: None

Oklahoma: None

Upenn: One semester of mathematics — calculus is preferred

Pittsburgh: None

UT - San Antonio: None

Stony Brook: One year of: Mathematics (Must include one semester of Calculus I. The second semester may be a higher math or
Statistics.)

Temple: None

Tennessee: None

Tufts: None

UCLA: None

Connecticut: None

UCSF: None

Florida: None

Illinois: None

New Jersey: None

UNC: None

Nevada: None

UoP: None

USC: None

Washington: None

VCU: None

Western University: None

West Virginia: None

Texas - A & M: None

Alabama: Mathematics (6 semester hours) Analytic geometry and differential and integral calculus are recommended.

(Compiled on Nov. 2009)

Im going to take calculus regardless. Its only going to boost your application and I hear it isnt even that difficult.