California DPT 2022-23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! I'm a first year. I think either Dr. Rodriguez or the first years make a FB group for you guys and send out the link to everyone who accepted their spot. I'll check this week for y'all. Congrats again and excited to have you join us! In the meantime, feel free to message me any questions :)
Thank you so much! It's nice seeing a current student because I haven't been able to find many personal experiences being in the program. How do you like it so far and how approachable are the faculty to questions outside of class? Also, are clinical rotation locations selected by the coordinator or do the students get to have a say?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much! It's nice seeing a current student because I haven't been able to find many personal experiences being in the program. How do you like it so far and how approachable are the faculty to questions outside of class? Also, are clinical rotation locations selected by the coordinator or do the students get to have a say?
I'm liking it a lot so far! Faculty have an open door policy, basically if their door is open just knock to talk to them! They are approachable and want to help you out. They're always reachable through email or are open to making zoom appointments if need be. Most are pretty easy to talk to and our class has been joking around with professors more recently. As for clinical rotations, they're in our 3rd year so it's still a ways away for me but our 2nd years just signed up. I think most of the CSUs I talked to did it the same way, by having a list of locations and students ranking their choices. The coordinator does try to get you where you want to go and there are plenty more locations than there are students.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got waitlisted by USC. Does anybody have any idea how likely it is to get off the waitlist for USC residential program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I got into USC residential and I was wondering if there was a FB group for this years cohort?

FOR THOSE IN THE FRESNO STATE DPT '26 COHORT, WE HAVE A FACEBOOK GROUP UP! :giggle:

Does anyone know if there is a fb group for west coast university?

Reactions: 1 users
Patiently waiting for a group for Sac States DPT too! I think our admissions coordinator is getting everything together for us though.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody on the usc dpt residential waitlist heard back from the program?

Hi everyone! I got into USC residential and I was wondering if there was a FB group for this years cohort?
I reached out to the Admissions Office and it doesn't seem like there is, but there will be an in-person Spring Preview event on June 3rd. I am hoping to connect with some students earlier than that though, so I'm thinking of making some sort of GroupMe or some way we can all connect!

Reactions: 1 users
I made a group me for anyone attending Samuel Merritt this Fall
You're invited to my new group 'Samuel Merritt DPT 2026' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I reached out to the Admissions Office and it doesn't seem like there is, but there will be an in-person Spring Preview event on June 3rd. I am hoping to connect with some students earlier than that though, so I'm thinking of making some sort of GroupMe or some way we can all connect!
Yes, I also called them and received a similar response. Yes please send the link once you create the GroupMe! I am not sure if it is the incoming students that create the FB group or someone else, but if it is incoming students that usually create the group perhaps we could create one for USC residential!

FYI for those in future application cycles:
I was last week admitted to the UCSF/SFSU program off the waitlist, so it is certainly possible to get in this way!

Also FYI for those still waiting: I will be opening up my position at SMU, so for anyone waitlisted there, hopefully a spot will open up for you!