You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
California DPT 2022-23
Started by futuredpt20221
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
almost.dpt
New Member
I'm thinking of applying to the same schools! How did you narrow it down to these schools? I'm having a hard time deciding between which schools to apply to.
futuredpt20221
Full Member
I decided to do more state schools since they are much cheaper than the private schools. I also made decisions based off of clinical opportunities, location, and electives. I also attended open houses/information sessions so i would recommend doing those to help narrow it downI'm thinking of applying to the same schools! How did you narrow it down to these schools? I'm having a hard time deciding between which schools to apply to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Count me in! SDSU or BUST 👽😱
obiwankenobiiii
New Member
Applying to CSULB, CSUN, Chapman, SMU, UCSF/SFSU, USC, and Western. Has anyone heard anything back (interviews or acceptances)?
futuredpt20221
Full Member
nothing yet! I think UCSF gets back about interviews in december usually and CSUN in late november. not sure about csulb
Got my email from LB on Jan 14th last yearApplying to CSULB, CSUN, Chapman, SMU, UCSF/SFSU, USC, and Western. Has anyone heard anything back (interviews or acceptances)?
Congratulations on your acceptance! May I ask when you applied?I got my acceptance to USC residential just now! Does anyone want to connect? 🙂
Congrats! I got accepted too but am still waiting to hear back from other schools before I choose. Are you for sure committing to USC?I got my acceptance to USC residential just now! Does anyone want to connect? 🙂
Thank you and I applied Sept 7!Congratulations on your acceptance! May I ask when you applied?
Congrats to you too! and same here, I am still waiting for more schools' respond before committing... USC is expensive 🙁Congrats! I got accepted too but am still waiting to hear back from other schools before I choose. Are you for sure committing to USC?
Edit: typo
I just received an interview from western today! Hopefully you hear back soon tooApplying to CSULB, CSUN, Chapman, SMU, UCSF/SFSU, USC, and Western. Has anyone heard anything back (interviews or acceptances)?
Do you mind me asking when you applied?I just received an interview from western today! Hopefully you hear back soon too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my email from SMU on mid December last year.Has anyone heard back from Samuel Merritt or know when we are suppose to hear back?
I heard from CSULB mid Jan last year. UCSF mid December, their interview is usually mid/late Jan.I'm applying to CSULB, CSUN, SDSU, and UCSF/SFSU. Anyone hear anything from them?
I applied October 4th 🙂Do you mind me asking when you applied?
Hi Everyone!
Has anybody heard from Chapman at all? I got the Kira assessment interview for the summer cohort a week or two ago with a bunch of other applicants and from last year, I know people got accepted/rejected by mid-December. Also, a friend of mine said Chapman told him to retake the GRE instead of being rejected which is new to me, has anyone heard anything similar?
Has anybody heard from Chapman at all? I got the Kira assessment interview for the summer cohort a week or two ago with a bunch of other applicants and from last year, I know people got accepted/rejected by mid-December. Also, a friend of mine said Chapman told him to retake the GRE instead of being rejected which is new to me, has anyone heard anything similar?
student2325
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from University of the Pacific (UOP) yet?
bchavdarova
New Member
I heard back a few days ago, on Monday! Best of luck to you and I hope you hear back soon!Has anyone heard back from University of the Pacific (UOP) yet?
I just heard from UCSF this morning with an interview! Their interview week is Jan 4-7I'm applying to CSULB, CSUN, SDSU, and UCSF/SFSU. Anyone hear anything from them?
bchavdarova
New Member
Congratulations!! I got an interview this morning as well! It looks like it will be virtualI just heard from UCSF this morning with an interview! Their interview week is Jan 4-7
adam Zhao
New Member
congratulations on your acceptances! Would you mind sharing your stats? USC is my top choice as well!I got my acceptance to USC residential just now! Does anyone want to connect? 🙂
student2325
Full Member
In the past few years, calls start going out around Dec 16th!Anyone hear anything about Samuel Merritt?
student2325
Full Member
Still waiting to hear back after my interview that happened in Nov.Has anyone heard back from West Coast University yet?
Same hereStill waiting to hear back after my interview that happened in Nov.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got into usc's residential program as well if anyone wants to connect! i have a 3.93 GPA, but still some pre reqs to finish off next semester! around 300-400 hours in a clinic where i worked as an aide. i didn't take the GRE, so i dont have those available.congratulations on your acceptances! Would you mind sharing your stats? USC is my top choice as well!
i interviewed a few weeks ago for western! have you or anyone else heard back yet?I just received an interview from western today! Hopefully you hear back soon too
Me too for CSUN! I got an invite for the Kira Assessment for Chapman too, which is due tomorrow. We don't know how many questions there are beforehand or what the questions are. But I heard that Chapman is usually four questions, not sure for CSUN. Basically they give us the questions and they'll give us a certain amount of time to answer (could be 30 seconds, could be a couple of minutes). It's pretty nerve-wracking because I heard that it's hard to time your answers right. I'll let you know how the Chapman one goes tomorrow!Got an invite to do a Kira Assessment for CSUN. Does anyone have any insight on what this is like, how many questions, etc?
adam Zhao
New Member
That’s great news! Congratulations! May I ask when did you submit your application?i got into usc's residential program as well if anyone wants to connect! i have a 3.93 GPA, but still some pre reqs to finish off next semester! around 300-400 hours in a clinic where i worked as an aide. i didn't take the GRE, so i dont have those available.
Update on the Kira assessment! I did it for Chapman and CSUN right after because I figured I was already dressed and in the headspace lol. Both of them were four questions, Chapman gave 45 sec to prepare before each question, CSUN gave 30 sec, and then they both gave 1:30 to respond to each question. Just be mindful of the time and make sure to practice a lot beforehand! It's hard to prepare for the kinds of questions that they ask because they were kinda out of pocket, so just answer honestly and be genuine!Got an invite to do a Kira Assessment for CSUN. Does anyone have any insight on what this is like, how many questions, etc?
Just heard back today and I declined my seat. Hopefully that opens it up to one of you though 😊i interviewed a few weeks ago for western! have you or anyone else heard back yet?
student2325
Full Member
Just got an email from West Coast with admission decision!! Hopefully you hear back soon too!Has anyone heard back from West Coast University yet?
Congrats!Just got an email from West Coast with admission decision!! Hopefully you hear back soon too!
Congrats!
Wanted to share that I received an admission acceptance for West Coast on Wednesday!Congrats!
Yep! According to the last couple years and a few DPT students I know it’s been consistent, like always around January 14 so hopefully the same this year. Also, one of the students I work with said that admissions really look at hours but idk if it’ll be the same this year.It's interview season! Congrats to everyone on making it thus far! I'm super curious about CSULB as they do not do an interview, we're thinking (hoping) mid January for admissions offers from Long Beach?
It was mid February last year, so here's hoping it can be earlier this year!Has anyone heard from Chapman or any news?? I know some people got early admission mid December so I’m hoping they start sending more soon!
Feeling the nerves post-interviews and eagerly awaiting answers, whether positive or negative. Looking to commiserate and chat about everyones experiences this cycle!
I’ve interviewed with CSUN and UCSF/SFSU so far, and I’ve got interviews upcoming with Sac State and Fresno State. Very nervous/ excited about hearing back from UCSF and CSULB this week. With UCSF I know I didn’t exactly “ace” the interview regarding certain questions. On other questions I feel great about my answers and felt good rapport with the interviewers over all.
How have interviews been with everyone so far? Who else is hearing back from UCSF this week?
I’ve interviewed with CSUN and UCSF/SFSU so far, and I’ve got interviews upcoming with Sac State and Fresno State. Very nervous/ excited about hearing back from UCSF and CSULB this week. With UCSF I know I didn’t exactly “ace” the interview regarding certain questions. On other questions I feel great about my answers and felt good rapport with the interviewers over all.
How have interviews been with everyone so far? Who else is hearing back from UCSF this week?
I've interviewed with Chapman, CSUN, and UCSF too! Also waiting on CSULB this week. Chapman and CSUN both had Kira assessments with questions that threw me off a bit, but I felt great about the UCSF interview (esp since it was in person and felt like it was a lot more personable). And the questions they asked were 100% similar to practice questions that I came up with so I felt way more prepared than my Chapman and CSUN interviews. Don't want to keep my hopes up though! Good luck with your upcoming interviews and wishing the best of luck to everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
v.spt
New Member
I am also anxious to hear back since I will have to reserve my spot and pay a deposit at another school come January 15. Is anyone else in this situation? I hate to lose that deposit money but I am equally as happy that I will be going to DPT school. Why do California schools take so long to go through applications compared to other schools? It is a long process but the price tag of in-state schools is hard to turn down. Fingers crossed I get in.Feeling the nerves post-interviews and eagerly awaiting answers, whether positive or negative. Looking to commiserate and chat about everyones experiences this cycle!
I’ve interviewed with CSUN and UCSF/SFSU so far, and I’ve got interviews upcoming with Sac State and Fresno State. Very nervous/ excited about hearing back from UCSF and CSULB this week. With UCSF I know I didn’t exactly “ace” the interview regarding certain questions. On other questions I feel great about my answers and felt good rapport with the interviewers over all.
How have interviews been with everyone so far? Who else is hearing back from UCSF this week?
I also had to place a deposit down for school but still in the interview process this week for WesternU and St. Augustine. Not sure why this anticipation is dragging but I as well am excited that I will be going to DPT school.I am also anxious to hear back since I will have to reserve my spot and pay a deposit at another school come January 15. Is anyone else in this situation? I hate to lose that deposit money but I am equally as happy that I will be going to DPT school. Why do California schools take so long to go through applications compared to other schools? It is a long process but the price tag of in-state schools is hard to turn down. Fingers crossed I get in.
Congratulations on the acceptance elsewhere! I feel ya on the waiting and waiting for Cal state schools. Even the time between hearing back from one Cal school and interviewing for another seems too long. Hoping I will also have to make these hard decisions between schools soon, but no acceptances for me yet only interview offers. Does anyone know how long we generally have to accept/ deny an admission offer?I am also anxious to hear back since I will have to reserve my spot and pay a deposit at another school come January 15. Is anyone else in this situation? I hate to lose that deposit money but I am equally as happy that I will be going to DPT school. Why do California schools take so long to go through applications compared to other schools? It is a long process but the price tag of in-state schools is hard to turn down. Fingers crossed I get in.
billie_bee
New Member
I'm in the exact situation! While thankful I have an acceptance somewhere, UCSF is my first choice and I'm hoping to not have to deal with multiple deposits...I am also anxious to hear back since I will have to reserve my spot and pay a deposit at another school come January 15. Is anyone else in this situation? I hate to lose that deposit money but I am equally as happy that I will be going to DPT school. Why do California schools take so long to go through applications compared to other schools? It is a long process but the price tag of in-state schools is hard to turn down. Fingers crossed I get in.
I've been accepted to both USC programs (declined hybrid), waiting on Samuel Merritt, and interviewing with Sac State later this month. UCSF is best financially and location-wise for me, so we'll see!
For USC residential, they've given me over two months to put down a deposit, but only 10 days for the hybrid. I think you get one or two weeks for UCSF and ten days for SMU. So it's a little all over the place from what I can tell!