California DPT 2022-23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything else about CSULB? Or is anyone thinking of dropping off the waitlist now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got acceptances from West Coast and UOP. I loved the program at UOP when I went up for the interview and enjoyed everything from the people to the campus. As for West Coast, it's only a 45 min drive from me as opposed to UOP which is 6 hours away. I'd have to move out in both situations but the proximity to home could be nice. I feel like I may be biased towards UOP because of their accelerated program and the fact that their interview was in person and they got to pitch their program so much better than West Coast. Anyone have any thoughts to add to help in making my decision?

Reactions: 1 user
Haha I think I just responded to your post on the other forum too! I felt better about my Sacramento interview that I do about my Fresno one, but still managed to establish good rapport with the interviewers and get some points across that were important to me. Just a waiting game now.
At the moment I’m much more impressed by Fresno is how much they love their program and their community. I’m disappointed in Sac because they didn’t have faculty or 2nd and 3rd year students available to talk to outside of your interview. I interviewed with Michael McKeough the dean of Sac’s DPT program and he was very passionate about the program. He talked about how students have abundant opportunity to work with patients before we’re ever sent out for our clinicals. Students seem to really love the program though first semester is intense.
What was your impression of Sac from the interview day?
My interview with Sac was virtual but I feel the same way as you do. It seems like Fresno really cares about their students, the community, and actually listens to feedback on how to improve the program. Sac state seemed fully qualified as well, but I felt the culture is more centered around the importance of the grade.

My interview with Sac was virtual but I feel the same way as you do. It seems like Fresno really cares about their students, the community, and actually listens to feedback on how to improve the program. Sac state seemed fully qualified as well, but I felt the culture is more centered around the importance of the grade.
How is Sac State more focused on grades? I did not get that impression.

I’m still waiting to hear back from them 😭 I hope I get in! Did you get accepted to the summer or fall cohort?
Their website mentions that they have sent out summer cohort acceptances and that fall will be released end of February, so it probably was summer! -I only applied to fall so I’m hoping this is correct-

Their website mentions that they have sent out summer cohort acceptances and that fall will be released end of February, so it probably was summer! -I only applied to fall so I’m hoping this is correct-
I saw on a different thread that some people got accepted to the fall cohort so I hope they are sending it out in waves 😅 I only applied to the fall cohort as well so I wish both of us luck!

Did anyone hear from UW? I got an email today saying that I was in the middle one third of the waitlist (have no idea what that means). Better than a rejection but makes me feel anxious about the whole process! Does anyone know anything about how their waitlist process works?

I actually only applied to Fall and got it :(

Did anyone hear from UW? I got an email today saying that I was in the middle one third of the waitlist (have no idea what that means). Better than a rejection but makes me feel anxious about the whole process! Does anyone know anything about how their waitlist process works?
Not sure what it means too. I got put on the waitlist as well but the bottom one-third.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is Sac State more focused on grades? I did not get that impression.
Perhaps I'm interpreting it a little too critically. However, I do notice a sense of needing to master the material in each and every class versus Fresno. For example, aside from assumptions of what they have stated in their tours, based on information from their websites, Sac state students must fulfill a B on every course attempted in order to continue forward. Fresno allows a C, but students must still retain a 3.0 GPA overall. Not implying it's not doable, but it makes me wonder if something were to come up in a student's personal life that made him or her struggle academically, how would the issue be handled. Maybe someone else could chime in on if Sac state is flexible in those types of situations. Regardless, Sac state is still high on my list and it's not something that is essential to me, but rather to just keep in the back of my mind.

Has anyone heard anything from UCSF lately? I’m still on the waitlist and really hoping to get a call with an acceptance. Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

Has anyone heard anything from UCSF lately? I’m still on the waitlist and really hoping to get a call with an acceptance. Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?
Hey Julia, I am in the same boat as you! I heard the first round of people accepted off the waitlist had until 2/7 to accept the offer, so there may be more movement this week. I emailed admissions this morning asking if they can reveal positions, but I highly doubt they will.

My impression is that admissions off the waitlist are probably tapering off strongly by now, but that’s 100% conjecture.

Hey Julia, I am in the same boat as you! I heard the first round of people accepted off the waitlist had until 2/7 to accept the offer, so there may be more movement this week. I emailed admissions this morning asking if they can reveal positions, but I highly doubt they will.

My impression is that admissions off the waitlist are probably tapering off strongly by now, but that’s 100% conjecture.
I just looked at a thread from last cycle and the cycle before that. Looks like the latest acceptance off the waitlist from those years (at least that anyone posted) was March 2nd. I messaged a current student on Reddit and they said someone from their cohort got accepted off the waitlist in May. Hopefully they're not done sending acceptances yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on your acceptances, everyone! I have been put in the top 25 on the waitlist for Sac State and it's my ideal choice. Does anyone know if they tell you if you're in a higher tier on the waitlist than that, or is that all the information disclosed for now? For example, your email stated top 10? Thanks y'all and good luck :)

I am currently a 3rd year student at Sac State, and the professors in the program really don't care about our grades. I have been told many times that they would rather us get a B and have time to workout, have family time, ect rather than get an A. But I have also heard many great things about Fresno as well! Either option is great because they are more affordable compared to other schools. Best of luck with the process!!

Reactions: 2 users
I am currently a 3rd year student at Sac State, and the professors in the program really don't care about our grades. I have been told many times that they would rather us get a B and have time to workout, have family time, ect rather than get an A. But I have also heard many great things about Fresno as well! Either option is great because they are more affordable compared to other schools. Best of luck with the process!!
Thank you for the input! I'm glad to hear that they are supportive.

Thank you so much for sharing! Sacramento makes so much more sense than Fresno based on location, job opportunities in the area for my partner, and our lifestyle overall. I’m only torn because Fresno’s faculty went all out for their tour/interview day and made a real impression on me regarding the sense of community there. I believe sac will be a really good fit for me, but it’s been hard to find student perspective online. Anything else you have to share would be so appreciated here!

hi everyone! i received an invite to interview for western university. what are your opinions about their dpt program? it’s not my first choice due to the location and price so i’m not sure if i should even interview.

Hi everyone! I had a virtual interview for Fresno state on Feb 3, and most had their interview day on Feb 4, I was just wondering if anyone has heard back yet? I’ve been constantly checking my email I’m going crazy!

Got an acceptance call from Samuel Merritt a few minutes ago. Deciding between UOP, West Coast, and Samuel Merritt now.

Hi everyone! I had a virtual interview for Fresno state on Feb 3, and most had their interview day on Feb 4, I was just wondering if anyone has heard back yet? I’ve been constantly checking my email I’m going crazy!
Not yet. They told us about 2 weeks but it could be sooner possibly

Thank you so much for sharing! Sacramento makes so much more sense than Fresno based on location, job opportunities in the area for my partner, and our lifestyle overall. I’m only torn because Fresno’s faculty went all out for their tour/interview day and made a real impression on me regarding the sense of community there. I believe sac will be a really good fit for me, but it’s been hard to find student perspective online. Anything else you have to share would be so appreciated here!
One thing I like about Sac State's program is that we have our first clinical experience in the summer of the second year. I believe Fresno has its first clinical rotation in the summer of the first year, and I personally think it is beneficial to get most of your didactic learning done before moving on to clinical rotations. But some people may want a break from didactic learning, so having the rotations more spread out, like in Fresno, may be better in that regard. So look at both curriculums and see which one speaks to you. You may find you like some classes that Fresno offers versus what Sac State offers since every school is a little different. I felt like all my classes prepared me extremely well for my clinical rotations and so far my clinical instructors have been impressed by what I learned at Sac State. I am currently on an orthopedic and pelvic health rotation, so there are some nice options open for where you go on rotations. And for Sac State we have three 12 week rotations. The school requires every student to have one outpatient ortho experience, an acute care experience, and then a rehab experience (inpatient rehab, SNF, or outpatient neuro all count as rehab). I hope this information is helpful!

Just got a call from Samuel Merritt as well! 305 area code. Didn't pick up the first time, thought it was a spam call lol but He left a voice mail.

If anyone is wondering about the waitlist for CSULB I emailed today and they said "We will keep our “admissions window” open until April 30. If you have not received an offer of admission by that date, then you will not be offered admission for this cycle." So I guess just waitin now 🙃

Fresno state sent out my acceptance email a couple of minutes ago! Now I officially have to choose between them and Sac state

Fresno state sent out my acceptance email a couple of minutes ago! Now I officially have to choose between them and Sac state
Me too! I'm so proud of all of us! Very grateful for two acceptances but now its time to decide. Sacramento's decision is due this Friday so its crunch time. Best of luck with your decision too!

Received an email acceptance from SMU this morning!! 🙌

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations!! Will you be accepting your offer?
As of now, yes! I honestly don’t know what I’ll do if I end up getting off the waitlist for UCSF. Both programs are great! It’d be a hard choice, but I don’t have to even worry about that until it happens.

I have been accepted at Fresno State!!! My top choice is Sac State mainly because I'm from there and it has far better job opportunities for my partner, but I suppose I shall just have to wait until next week to find out where I'm at in the waitlist. I hate the waiting game >-<

Reactions: 1 users