California DPT 2022-23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! Are you planning on accepting the offer?
Congrats!!!
Thank you!! I am like 99% sure I am locking in to SMU. I’m still holding a UCSF waitlist spot, so still weighing a few factors if that one comes through, but SMU is better for me for many reasons. Tough decision!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I just did an interview with West Coast yesterday and I really liked what the school has to offer and the energy of everyone I met during the interview. Definitely thinking west coast might be my top choice so far, now just anxiously waiting for their decision but I was wondering if there is anyone who is going to west coast or if anyone knows if it’s a good program?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, has anyone who got an offer from Sac state made a decision already?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! I am like 99% sure I am locking in to SMU. I’m still holding a UCSF waitlist spot, so still weighing a few factors if that one comes through, but SMU is better for me for many reasons. Tough decision!
Definitely not easy to make decisions! SMU is better for me for many reasons as well; I wish we could take an in-person tour and talk to faculties. Have you got a chance to talk to any current students or Alumni from SMU about their experiences/insights?

Hey guys! I just did an interview with West Coast yesterday and I really liked what the school has to offer and the energy of everyone I met during the interview. Definitely thinking west coast might be my top choice so far, now just anxiously waiting for their decision but I was wondering if there is anyone who is going to west coast or if anyone knows if it’s a good program?
I was accepted by west coast and I will most likely will be attending the program. I as well really liked the vibe and energy especially from the faculty. I noticed that they really took an interest in my application and asked me a lot of questions about myself and what I would like to offer as a future DPT and I think that’s what connected me the most to them. I don’t know anyone that has gone there personally but I have heard positive things about the program. Hopefully we will become classmates! Good luck :)

Definitely not easy to make decisions! SMU is better for me for many reasons as well; I wish we could take an in-person tour and talk to faculties. Have you got a chance to talk to any current students or Alumni from SMU about their experiences/insights?
Re: SMU. I did the campus visit day a few months back and got to tour around and talk to current students (no faculty unfortunately). Facilities seem good, some mixed in with nursing. Lots of high/low tables of various sizes, anatomy lab looked super legit, gym is very tiny but there’s an awesome YMCA nearby. Students seemed to really like the program, have good outcomes etc. I work in East bay and have met so so many SMU grads here, so seems like a good network to stay in the area.

Only unknown for me is faculty (which is obvi a big one haha). I haven’t really found a ton of info there or met many, but students seemed really into the program so who knows lol

Anyone have insight into SMU faculty?

Hey guys, has anyone who got an offer from Sac state made a decision already?

I am having the hardest time deciding. Every time I think I know which program I want to attend I second guess it and favor the other program. It’s killing me 🫠

Reactions: 2 users
Re: SMU. I did the campus visit day a few months back and got to tour around and talk to current students (no faculty unfortunately). Facilities seem good, some mixed in with nursing. Lots of high/low tables of various sizes, anatomy lab looked super legit, gym is very tiny but there’s an awesome YMCA nearby. Students seemed to really like the program, have good outcomes etc. I work in East bay and have met so so many SMU grads here, so seems like a good network to stay in the area.

Only unknown for me is faculty (which is obvi a big one haha). I haven’t really found a ton of info there or met many, but students seemed really into the program so who knows lol

Anyone have insight into SMU faculty?
Glad to hear students like the program! Were you in the admitted student zoom meeting today? I wish they hosted a longer meeting cuz seems like people still have a lot of questions to ask.

I am having the hardest time deciding. Every time I think I know which program I want to attend I second guess it and favor the other program. It’s killing me 🫠
I feel that. Definitely go for whichever aligns most with your values and makes the most sense in terms of your needs. I know for me I was really leaning toward Fresno because of the lower cost, but in the end I accepted Sac state because I feel they are pretty equal in terms of quality of education, yet Sacramento has the advantage for its location. Maybe we'll see each other eventually if you decide Sac 😁

Glad to hear students like the program! Were you in the admitted student zoom meeting today? I wish they hosted a longer meeting cuz seems like people still have a lot of questions to ask.
I couldn’t make it (work). Basically planning on emailing them my questions, mostly about finaid. Any gems of wisdom from the zoom?

I couldn’t make it (work). Basically planning on emailing them my questions, mostly about finaid. Any gems of wisdom from the zoom?
The advisor mentioned about hosting another zoom meeting with current students after the class is settled. And a student success coach should be in touch with students who have accepted the offer.

I feel that. Definitely go for whichever aligns most with your values and makes the most sense in terms of your needs. I know for me I was really leaning toward Fresno because of the lower cost, but in the end I accepted Sac state because I feel they are pretty equal in terms of quality of education, yet Sacramento has the advantage for its location. Maybe we'll see each other eventually if you decide Sac

I accepted the offer from Sac State! After really focusing in on the labs, clinics, and outreach that Sac’s DPT program offers it really spoke to me and my interests more so than what Fresno had going. I cannot wait to begin connecting with the cohort, so glad we’ve “met” here first.

I got my acceptance to USC residential just now! Does anyone want to connect? :)
Hi, Congratulations!
May I ask whether you committed to the USC residential? If you did, we could connect XD

Members don't see this ad :)
I got off the waitlist for Sac State! I accepted the offer, I'll see you other Sac State people this fall :)

Congratulations!! Will you be accepting your offer?
I officially accepted Fresno State's offer! Still holding onto a tiny bit of hope for UCSF, but I'm excited and thankful I got in somewhere. Anyone else planning on attending Fresno?

I was accepted by west coast and I will most likely will be attending the program. I as well really liked the vibe and energy especially from the faculty. I noticed that they really took an interest in my application and asked me a lot of questions about myself and what I would like to offer as a future DPT and I think that’s what connected me the most to them. I don’t know anyone that has gone there personally but I have heard positive things about the program. Hopefully we will become classmates! Good luck :)
I actually just got my acceptance letter today!! I’m definitely leaning towards accepting the offer. I’m just waiting to hear back from one more school to see where I will go. Still super excited about west coast and if I do end up going here hopefully we can connect! 😁

Anybody hear from Chapman? Their website says they will start sending notices about Fall cohort “end of Feb” (not early admission) and I have a hunch they will wait until the last day (Tuesday) for funsies.

Anybody hear from Chapman? Their website says they will start sending notices about Fall cohort “end of Feb” (not early admission) and I have a hunch they will wait until the last day (Tuesday) for funsies.
I am still waiting to hear from them as well. I did see some postings on another website though that some people were accepted around the first week of February. Hopefully we get a response soon though.

I am still waiting to hear from them as well. I did see some postings on another website though that some people were accepted around the first week of February. Hopefully we get a response soon though.
My friend got accepted to the summer cohort two weeks ago and she said that the admissions team told her that they are still filling up open spots for the summer cohort. I only applied to the fall cohort so I’m waiting to hear from them too. I sent them an email a couple of days ago but honestly I don’t expect a response anytime soon 😅

Hey does anyone know anything about when sdsu will get back to waitlisted applicants?

Thank you, did they give you a time where they’d send a link out to pay the deposit
No, there's some technical issue with getting the graduate portion of my.sdsu up. They said they were aiming for the end of the month. Just try to keep hope since none of us have been able to officially accept our spot.

No, there's some technical issue with getting the graduate portion of my.sdsu up. They said they were aiming for the end of the month. Just try to keep hope since none of us have been able to officially accept our spot.
They actually got back to me today

I just got into Chapman's fall cohort! After lots of rejections, I was really losing hope on getting any this year. I'm just hesitant about the cost of the program because I know it's one of the more expensive schools. Is anyone else committed to the fall cohort?

I just got into Chapman's fall cohort! After lots of rejections, I was really losing hope on getting any this year. I'm just hesitant about the cost of the program because I know it's one of the more expensive schools. Is anyone else committed to the fall cohort?
Congrats!! I applied for them also and haven’t heard back yet so am wondering if they will be sending in the span of the hour.

No I haven’t yet. I tried emailing the admission email for Chapman to see if I’m still being considered for admission but most likely won’t get a response back fast. Have you?
I was sent an email telling me I was put on the waitlist earlier yesterday

No I haven’t yet. I tried emailing the admission email for Chapman to see if I’m still being considered for admission but most likely won’t get a response back fast. Have you?
No I haven’t either. I emailed them a couple days ago too but no response yet. Hopefully we hear back soon! I wonder if they are sending out acceptances in waves 😅

Anyone have any thoughts on West Coast vs UOP? If anyone also got offers from both that chose one over the other for any particular reason, I'd love to hear your thought process.

Is anyone else going to attend West Coast? Haven't heard much from any students. I was accepted back in December but since then I haven't found any homies. Let me know :)

Is anyone else going to attend West Coast? Haven't heard much from any students. I was accepted back in December but since then I haven't found any homies. Let me know :)
I’m attending west coast! 😊

Has anyone heard back from Western yet? I applied back in November and haven't heard anything yet :(

Has anyone heard back from Western yet? I applied back in November and haven't heard anything yet :(
I got my admissions offer on February 9th; all I got was an email saying there was an update to my application status page and then when I went to the page it had the offer. I do know that they do a pretty extended cycle of admissions because I had my interview late January and they said they continue interviews for a while.

Just accepted my admission to Western U Pomona!! Anyone want to connect??

Accepted to Chapman! After 2 years I finally did it yall 🥲🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!!! Are you in the fall or summer cohort? I accepted my offer to the fall cohort a week ago!!

Congrats!!! Are you in the fall or summer cohort? I accepted my offer to the fall cohort a week ago!!
YAY! I accepted admission to the fall cohort. Is there a FB group yet where we can connect?

Last edited:
Omg yay!!! I haven't met anyone from the fall cohort yet so I would love to connect :)
Here's the FB group! "2026 Fall"

I just got off the waitlist for CSU Long Beach!! Anyone here joining the cohort and is there a FB group chat already?

I just got off the waitlist for CSU Long Beach!! Anyone here joining the cohort and is there a FB group chat already?
Same here! Can't find a FB group right now, but I'm down to start one soon if there's none!

Same here! Can't find a FB group right now, but I'm down to start one soon if there's none!
Congrats! I'm a first year. I think either Dr. Rodriguez or the first years make a FB group for you guys and send out the link to everyone who accepted their spot. I'll check this week for y'all. Congrats again and excited to have you join us! In the meantime, feel free to message me any questions :)