California DPT Applicants 2019/2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTLenz

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I thought I’d start a thread where everyone can post their stats and which schools they’re applying to. Good luck all!

Stats:
Undergrad school: San Diego State University
Degree: Kinesiology
Cumulative gpa: 3.71
Prerequisite gpa: 3.8
GRE: 150V, 152Q, 4.0AWA
Observation hours: 4 different clinics, 217 hours total
Certifications:
1. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)- American Red Cross
2. Basic Life Support Instructor Course- American Red Cross.
Extras: President of an on-campus Kinesiology club. Reservist in the United States Navy.

Schools Applying to: SDSU, CSULB, Loma Linda, St.Augustine, WesternU, Chapman.

Members don't see this ad.

I just submitted my app so I can now post my stats!

Undergrad School: California State University, Fullerton
Cumulative GPA: 3.70
Prerequisite GPA: Ranges from 3.5-3.70 depending on each program
GRE: 148V, 158Q, 4.0AWA
Observation Hours: 770 outpatient, 75 inpatient, 101 outpatient oncology = 946 total
Certifications: BLS - AHA, expired CNA

Schools Applying:
California Schools:
Loma Linda, Chapman, Samuel Merritt, St Augustine, Sacramento State, Azusa Pacific, SFSU/UCSF, WesternU, Mount Saint Mary's, Fresno State, Northridge
Arizona Schools: AT Still, Northern Arizona
Texas Schools: Texas Woman's
Nevada Schools: UNLV

Just checking in to see if anybody has heard from CA schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply to the hybrid or residential program? Also when did you submit your application?
I submitted applications to both programs on July 12th. However, I was still waiting on LORs to be submitted so my applications weren’t marked complete until early September.

I've applied to UCSF/SFSU, SMU, Sac State, CSULB, and SDSU and have only heard back from UCSF/SFSU with an interview invite. I know CSULB will send out admissions decisions in mid-January, but I have no idea about the timelines of the other schools!

I've received interview invites for LLU, Fresno state, UCSF/SFSU, WesternU, and St Augustine. I know around this time last year many students heard back from MSMU and SMU so hopefully, we will hear from them soon!

Accepted to USC beginning of November (Regular program). UCSF and UOP interview in January. USA San Marcos interview 12/3.
Congrats! That doesn’t make me feel good about USC. Do you mind sharing your stats?

I applied to USC, Chapman, and WesternU. I have an interview for WesternU on 1/16 and was accepted to USC's residential program earlier this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to USC, Chapman, and WesternU. I have an interview for WesternU on 1/16 and was accepted to USC's residential program earlier this week.
Congrats on the acceptance! When did you submit to USC?

Congrats! That doesn’t make me feel good about USC. Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure!
Non typical applicant. Got my undergrad in psychology from UCSD back in 2013. 4 year student athlete on the swim team.
Undergrad GPA: 3.26
Went back to school after a 3 year break. Got all my prerequisites done at community colleges.
Prereq GPA: 4.0
Inpatient hours: 100 (post acute rehab and hospital)
Outpatient ortho: over 1000
Pediatric: 60
4 letters of req (2 PTs that were my bosses, 1 PT from my peds internship, and my physics professor)
This is my second career, I’ve been a swim coach for about 10 years and I wrote about that process in my essays.
I do believe life experience is key with this process. They want to know that you’ve been out there and experienced some tough situations. This journey had been unbelievably tough but so rewarding and I can not wait to begin the next step!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I submitted my application on 11/1 and got an email from them saying they received my application on 11/6.
Wow. Seems like everyone else heard back in about 2 months time, so they got back to you fairly quickly. I just submitted my app about 2 weeks ago. May I ask what your stats are?

Hello everyone!

I recently received my first interview from WesternU so I'll join in on posting my stats

Undergrad School: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Degree: B.S. Biology, Minor: Physiology
Cumulative GPA: 3.63
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4-3.65 depending on program
GRE: 152V, 158Q, 4.0AWA
Observation Hours: Inpatient: 96 hrs in a Rehab/Sub-Acute Rehab setting (General ortho, Neuro, Geriatrics)
Outpatient: 211 hrs in a Free Standing PT setting (General ortho)
Outpatient: 40 hrs in a Wellness/Prevention/Fitness setting (General ortho & Sports)

Certifications: BLS - AHA, College Reading & Learning Assoc. Level II Tutor, Patient Experience & Pre-Licensed Clinical Care

Experiences: AVID Tutor at a local high school (1 month and currently employed)
After School Instructor at a local middle school (4 months)
On campus subject tutor at Cal Poly Pomona Learning Resources Center (2.5 years)
Cope Health Scholar (1.5 years)
Treasurer of an On campus club promoting ethnic diversity (1 year)

Schools Applied To: WesternU, Mount Saint Mary's, Northridge
Interviewing: WesternU (1/28/20)
Admitted:
Accepted:
Rejected:

Wow. Seems like everyone else heard back in about 2 months time, so they got back to you fairly quickly. I just submitted my app about 2 weeks ago. May I ask what your stats are?
Yes of course!

Undergrad School: California State University, Long Beach
Degree: B.S. Kinesiology: Exercise Science/ Minor: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.84
Prerequisite GPA: 3.60 (this will change as I am currently taking bio)
GRE: 155V, 156Q, 4.0AWA
Observation Hours: Outpatient: 302 (general ortho, sports, neuro, peds, geriatrics)
Outpatient: 586 (general ortho, geriatrics)
Outpatient: 108 (hand therapy clinic)
LoRs: 4 (1 PT from the hand therapy clinic, 1 PT from a clinic I worked at, and 2 exercise physiology professors)

Certifications: BLS - AHA

Experiences: Researcher and Research Participant for the Physiology of Exercise and Sport Lab (1 year)
Member of the University Honors Program (4 years)
Peer Mentor for the University Honors Program (1 year)
Member of Delta Delta Delta (4 years) - held positions of Treasurer and Vice President
Member of National Panhellenic Council (2 years) - held positions of VP Scholarship and VP Leadership Development
Sorority Formal Recruitment Leader (2 years)
Volunteer for runDisney marathons (2 years)
Server at Olive Garden (5 years)
Lab Assistant for the Exercise Physiology Lab (1 semester)
Member of the Flying Samaritans, an on-campus org that goes on medical mission trips to Mexico (1 semester)
Member of a women's soccer league (1 semester)

Does anyone know when SMU start to send out acceptance. I looked over the past threads and i believe it was sometime this week.

In CA I've gotten accepted to St. Augustine and I have interviews scheduled for Fresno State and WesternU. Haven't heard from other CA programs on my list (Chapman, West Coast, Loma Linda, CSULB, or CSUN).

Western U and West Coast have started sending out interview invitations. Other than that just a message from Chapman now and then that I am "still being considered".

has anyone heard from msmu or csun?

I received this email from MSMU today. It’s attached below. But still nothing from CSUN

Attachments

• BE73DEEC-18B9-4A41-8F0B-A5FF83EA4D0D.png
    BE73DEEC-18B9-4A41-8F0B-A5FF83EA4D0D.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: 1 users
has anyone heard from msmu or csun?
I received an acceptance email from CSUN on Wednesday! I haven't heard of anyone else getting in though so I don't know if they sent out all of the acceptance emails at once.

I received an acceptance email from CSUN on Wednesday! I haven't heard of anyone else getting in though so I don't know if they sent out all of the acceptance emails at once.

This is for Northridge??? :oops:
What were your stats If you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Yep for Northridge!

My stats:
Undergrad: SDSU
cGPA: 3.76
pGPA: 3.92
GRE: 154 verbal 159 quant 5.0 writing
Hours: 800+ in outpatient ortho at hospital, 30 outpatient neuro, 14 inpatient neuro, 12 inpatient acute rehab, 130 outpatient ortho in private practice
LOR: 3 PTs I work with (one is my manager) and 1 from my study abroad professor

They told me via email that there were 900 applicants! I definitely think they are still sending out acceptances/ have not informed people on the alternate list yet. My email said I had until Jan 6th to accept or decline.

Hope you hear back soon!!

Yep for Northridge!

My stats:
Undergrad: SDSU
cGPA: 3.76
pGPA: 3.92
GRE: 154 verbal 159 quant 5.0 writing
Hours: 800+ in outpatient ortho at hospital, 30 outpatient neuro, 14 inpatient neuro, 12 inpatient acute rehab, 130 outpatient ortho in private practice
LOR: 3 PTs I work with (one is my manager) and 1 from my study abroad professor

They told me via email that there were 900 applicants! I definitely think they are still sending out acceptances/ have not informed people on the alternate list yet. My email said I had until Jan 6th to accept or decline.

Hope you hear back soon!!

Thanks and congrats!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Early decision: No
Regular decision: Western, West Coast, CSUN, Chapman, Sac State, RMUoHP, Midwestern-Glendale, Pacific University

Acceptance: N/A
Interview: RMUoHP (1/17), Midwestern (1/24), WesternU (2/20)
Rejected: Pacific University, Sac State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Decision: Sac State, Fresno State, Chapman, CSUN, USC
Interviews: Sac State (1/25), Fresno State (2/1)
Waitlist: None
Rejections: None

Acceptances: USC, CSUN

Regular Decision: Sac State, Fresno State, Chapman, CSUN, USC
Interviews: Sac State (1/25), Fresno State (2/1)
Waitlist: None
Rejections: None

Acceptances: USC, CSUN
Just wondering when you submitted to USC and when you heard back?

Regular Decision: CSULB, CSUN, USC, Loma Linda, St. Augustine (San Marcos), MSMU, Chapman
Interviews: Loma Linda (10/18), St. Augustine (2/11)
Waitlist: High-Tier CSULB (1/16), CSUN (1/17), Loma Linda (1/23)
Rejections: N/A
Acceptances: USC (12/9), MSMU (12/21), Chapman (1/16)

Last edited:
Regular Decision: CSULB, CSUN, USC, Loma Linda, St. Augustine (San Marcos), MSMU, Chapman
Waitlist: N/A
Acceptances: USC, MSMU

When did you hear back from MSMU?

Just received my first acceptance letter of this cycle!

Updated:

Undergrad School: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Degree: B.S. Biology, Minor: Physiology
Cumulative GPA: 3.63
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4-3.65 depending on program
GRE: 152V, 158Q, 4.0AWA
Observation Hours: Inpatient: 96 hrs in a Rehab/Sub-Acute Rehab setting (General ortho, Neuro, Geriatrics)
Outpatient: 211 hrs in a Free Standing PT setting (General ortho)
Outpatient: 40 hrs in a Wellness/Prevention/Fitness setting (General ortho & Sports)

Applied: WesternU, Mount Saint Mary's, Northridge
Interviewing: WesternU (1/28/20)
Admitted: MSMU (12/21/19)
Rejected:

Waitlist: N/A
Acceptances: USC, MSMU
When did your advisor move your app to admissions for St.Aug? How long did it take to hear back about interview after that?

When did your advisor move your app to admissions for St.Aug? How long did it take to hear back about interview after that?
My verified application was received on 10/9. The advisor submitted it on 12/6 and I had my phone meeting with her on 12/10. Then I got an email on 12/12 inviting me for an interview.