California DPT Applicants 2019/2020

Started by DPTLenz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Better late than never!
San Jose State University
Major Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-req: 3.2-3.4 (depending on school)
GRE: V 147, Q 150, 3.5 writing
Extras: 100 hrs outpatient ortho, 45 hrs skilled nursing, 30 hrs acute hospital, Pre-PT Club, Resident Advisor, Fraternity Chair Positions, Cum Laude, Deans list, Volunteer at Church & Community Center
LOR: 2 physical therapists, 2 faculty

Applied: USC, WesternU, Azusa, West Coast, Samuel Meritt, Loma Linda, UCSF, Mount St Marys, Touro NV

Interviews: UCSF (1/11), West Coast (1/31), WesternU (2/4)

Acceptances: West Coast (2/18)

Waitlists: SMU, Touro NV

Rejections: APU, UCSF, Loma Linda (pre req too low)

Attending: West Coast, so excited to start!!
Congratulations on your acceptance to West Coast! Out of curiosity, have you heard back from USC? I have yet to hear anything from them.
 
I emailed the admissions person and she said that they sent my info to the admissions team on the 4th so nothing yet. Wishing you the best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a similar email from them around that time. Seems like they are still very early in the application process for the Spring 2021 Cycle. Best of luck to you as well bud.
 
Just received an acceptance to WesternU’s program but will be declining. Keep hope alive everybody!


Updated (2/25/20):

Applied: WesternU, Mount Saint Mary's, Northridge
Interviewing:
Admitted: MSMU (12/21/19), WesternU (2/25/20)
Rejected:
 
Has anyone who has been accepted to USC and put down their first deposit received any scholarships or anything yet? I know we won’t be hearing about financial aid until March/April but the DPT website says scholarships should be going out February/March.
 
Just received an acceptance to WesternU’s program but will be declining. Keep hope alive everybody!


Updated (2/25/20):

Applied: WesternU, Mount Saint Mary's, Northridge
Interviewing:
Admitted: MSMU (12/21/19), WesternU (2/25/20)
Rejected:
When did you interview at WesternU if you dont mind me asking?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the sake of those of us who are in waitlist limbo.... would some of you guys who are accepted state your school's deposit deadline and if you are waiting to hear back from an alternative school? I am trying to figure out the flow chart for some of y'all lol. For example, I am waiting for SMU, and I think some SMU are waiting for Sac State, who are then waiting for USC... the trickle-down is painful for those of us at the bottom.
 
Did anybody got rejection or waitlisted from Chapman? I applied to both cohorts and havent gotten anything from them...
 
Did anybody got rejection or waitlisted from Chapman? I applied to both cohorts and havent gotten anything from them...
Sounds like some people have received good news about the fall cohort. I emailed them and they said the admissions committee was still reviewing. Not sure how they are doing this; I'm assuming they sent out a wave of acceptances and instead of putting people on the waitlist they will just do staggered acceptances.
 
Did anybody got rejection or waitlisted from Chapman? I applied to both cohorts and havent gotten anything from them...

I haven’t heard back from either! I emailed the program and they said they will let me know once they make a decision.....surprised we haven’t heard from either yet
 
Just received an acceptance to WesternU’s program but will be declining. Keep hope alive everybody!


Updated (2/25/20):

Applied: WesternU, Mount Saint Mary's, Northridge
Interviewing:
Admitted: MSMU (12/21/19), WesternU (2/25/20)
Rejected:

Why are you going to be choosing MSMU over WesternU?
I interviewed at WesternU on 2/19 and it went really well. Will probably hear back from them within the next week.
 
Why are you going to be choosing MSMU over WesternU?
I interviewed at WesternU on 2/19 and it went really well. Will probably hear back from them within the next week.

So MSMU had accepted me in late December and gave me until the 15th of Feb. to accept and I hadn’t heard back from WesternU until this the 25th. Aside from that, the idea of living and going to school in DTLA seemed like an opportunity most would dream to have. Additionally, I am hoping to work in a sports setting when licensed so being in the same city with 8 pro sports teams really confirmed my decision.

So it was more about the connections I could make in LA as opposed the Pomona area. Hope this helps!
 
So MSMU had accepted me in late December and gave me until the 15th of Feb. to accept and I hadn’t heard back from WesternU until this the 25th. Aside from that, the idea of living and going to school in DTLA seemed like an opportunity most would dream to have. Additionally, I am hoping to work in a sports setting when licensed so being in the same city with 8 pro sports teams really confirmed my decision.

So it was more about the connections I could make in LA as opposed the Pomona area. Hope this helps!
Living in the suburbs of LA seems a lot better to me than downtown tbh, but maybe we'll be in the same cohort.
 
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted and committed to USC this fall!

If you're a female and interested in living in Currie Hall next year in a 4 bed/4 bath, let me know! I prematurely signed a lease with them but am hoping to stay with my folks in the area instead.

Let me know if you're interested (I know they have open spaces but if you could mention my name as a way to still take over my lease, I would really appreciate it-the process is the same as signing a new lease)! Also I should note that I am currently an MS1 so I can't particularly answer questions about your program, but if you want to know more about the area around USC's HSC campus/ the culture, feel free to message me!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my acceptance from CSUN on Wednesday (12/18) (as did a good friend of mine though she is unsure if she’ll go there or Northern Arizona U, where she also got in).

For those who may askmy stats are below.
Pre-req gpa- 4.0
Combined gpa- 3.81
GRE- 162v, 157q, 4.0a
Observation hrs- 201 in outpatient clinics (ortho, sports med, and pediatric)
4 letters of req- 2PTs, 1 professor, 1 employer

I’ve accepted the position since CSUN was my top choice. Good luck for those waiting to hear from their places!
Hi quick question, can i get an insight on how you're liking CSUN so far? 🙂