California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just wanted to update on my current situation. got accepted to USA san marcos and got interviews for west coast, western, CSUF, UCSF, and UOP.
im still anxiously waiting to hear back from Chapman, CSULB, and CSUN
Did you hear back from UOP by any chance, if you got in? 😭
 
That is a tough question! I'm fortunate to be from the Bay, so it's hard to pass up the proximity and lower COL (at least for me) by choosing UCSF. They also have great research and academic opportunities. But I'd also consider CSULB for the same.
Is CSULB’s DPT Program better than CSUN’s in your opinion?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email a couple of days ago that I have an interview at West Coast on the 22nd. Anyone have any tips for the interview? Also, how was the meet n greet?
 
Was just placed on the waitlist for West Coast University. They said the would let us know in two weeks what my rank is.
I was waitlisted as well but I just declined it as I just received my acceptance to Western U- Oregon campus which I'm going to accept. I hope that helps someone in this group somehow!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, still anxiously waiting. I’m kind of confused about their timeline because there’s people on the thread that got accepted already but I’m assuming most of us haven’t heard anything yet
Exactly! I'm confused too, but makes me think they're sending the rejection letters all at once on Feb 26th :/
 
Exactly! I'm confused too, but makes me think they're sending the rejection letters all at once on Feb 26th :/
I’m super nervous as well! But I’ve seen that some people have been either accepted or rejected by CSUN, so I don’t think they’re necessarily sending all the rejections on that day? Stay positive!
 
Hi everyone!
This is my first time posting on here! I just wanted to stay in the loop for this application cycle.

Applied: Chapman (fall), CSUN and USC residential program
Accepted: Chapman (fall)
Haven't heard from: CSUN or USC
Update: Got a rejection email from USC on 2/19 but still haven't heard anything from CSUN
 
Thanks for the update and congratulations!! 😊

If you dont mind me asking, when was the deadline for you to make your decision / put down a deposit?
Thanks! The deadline to put down a deposit to accept a spot was 2 weeks from the day of the admission email.
 
Have you heard back yet? Your interview was on the 29th as well right?
Unfortunately, I haven't heard back yet. Kind of discouraging but it's okay! I remember seeing someone get accepted in late April, so maybe there is still hope. I just wish I had a notification of whether or not I am on the waitlist or rejected 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CSUN waitlist #'s are out! I'm #69. I got the email at 1:00 am PST.

** Note: A friend told me, they stopped around maybe #99 last year. I hope the trend continues 😭🙏
Congrats! Haven’t received anything yet, but do you or your friend know how far deep they go into the waitlists to accept people?
 
One of my friends was #83 on CSUNs waitlist last year and ended up getting accepted (then declined), so they definitely seem to go pretty deep... I am most likely going to give up my spot there this year as well!
 
Am I the only one freaking out that I haven’t heard from CSUN yet? They already started sending out the waitlist so I’m worried I’m just waiting for a rejection.
 
Am I the only one freaking out that I haven’t heard from CSUN yet? They already started sending out the waitlist so I’m worried I’m just waiting for a rejection.
You are not alone, I'm also pretty anxious and waiting to hear back from them. Just trying to stay positive and telling myself perhaps they just haven't fully filled out the waitlist.
 
Am I the only one freaking out that I haven’t heard from CSUN yet? They already started sending out the waitlist so I’m worried I’m just waiting for a rejection.
No, you are definitely not alone. I haven’t heard anything from them either. Pretty nerve wrecking.
 
Congrats! Haven’t received anything yet, but do you or your friend know how far deep they go into the waitlists to accept people?
My friend (@nattachai) only told me about our friend's circumstance last year. I just found out we were both lurking on this form haha

However I've been lurking through other forums from past years to see how deep CSUN goes down the waitlist. I've read that it depends on the year. One year someone said it went all the way to #175. Another person mentioned they almost reached the very end of the waitlist. Last year it happen to end around #99. Overall though, they do go very deep.

There is hope guys!

**EDIT:
Also it's a bit odd that I am the only one confirmed on this forum for now. They may be doing it in batches or something. So keep your head up for now!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad