California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am on WL for Chapman (both summer and fall cohorts) as well as MSMU, for those of you accepted when was/is your deposit due?

Members don't see this ad.

I am on WL for Chapman (both summer and fall cohorts) as well as MSMU, for those of you accepted when was/is your deposit due?
For MSMU I don’t think they gave us a specific date.

Reactions: 1 user
I was offered admission earlier this week at Chapman with my deposit due on March 8. Not sure if I’ll accept it yet, but it seems that Chapman has started reaching out to students on the waitlist. 😊

Members don't see this ad :)
I was offered admission earlier this week at Chapman with my deposit due on March 8. Not sure if I’ll accept it yet, but it seems that Chapman has started reaching out to students on the waitlist. 😊
were you on the waitlist & if so what tier?

Also, I got a call from Sacramento State yesterday and have been taken off the waitlist and offered a seat in their program. Definitely will be accepting! Is anyone here planning on attending Sac State? And if so, is anyone looking for roommates?

Has anyone else gotten off of the Long Beach waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my spot at CSUN yesterday, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

how likely or how often do people get off the CSULB high tier waitlist??
and how long should I wait before I give up hope lol

I asked them but they won’t tell me anything. I also asked whether people come off the waitlist in groups or individually, to which they replied “I don’t see how this would be helpful to you.” So that’s fun!

I originally accepted their offer but just decided to go to a different school, so will be giving up my seat tomorrow. Keep holding on, some people end up getting off the waitlist right before the start date! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Last year I only applied to CSULB bc I wanted to figure out the applicaton process ( didn't want to spend huge amounts of money and mess up ya'know).

I got on High Tier Waitlist for CSULB on Jan. 15th. 2020.

Then I was notified "Cohort is Full & Waitlist closed" on April 27th, 2020.

Last edited:
I asked them but they won’t tell me anything. I also asked whether people come off the waitlist in groups or individually, to which they replied “I don’t see how this would be helpful to you.” So that’s fun!
If you emailed Jeff from CSULB, I totally understand how to feel. His emails are cold.

My friend who is a 2nd year CSULB DPT student said he's actually a really cool guy but that's just how he is on email. 😅

Last year I only applied to CSULB bc I wanted to figure out the applicaton process ( didn't want to spend huge amounts of money and mess up ya'know).

I got on High Tier Waitlist for CSULB.
Jan. 15th. 2020.

Then I was notified "Cohort is Full & Waitlist closed" on April 27th, 2020.
Oh so at least they tell you when the cohort is full? That’s good

Does anyone here got a waitlist at CSUN but get offer admission? If so, I want to know your waitlist number. Wanna see how far they will go down the list.

So for those who applied already to Azusa for the January 2022 start date, the first interview dates will be around March 26th. They should be sending out notifications on interview invites soon!

Also rejected from CSUN, but just received an email that I was waitlisted at West Coast University.

Got a phone call today, 3/2, from UCSF at 9:30am PST, and I got off the waitlist! Offered admission! 🙏🏽 Just waiting for that confirmation email now. For the people who got accepted, how long did you have to wait to get that email?

I also got accepted into West Coast University today, 3/2, at 1pm PST. They sent an email 🙏🏽

Got a phone call today, 3/2, from UCSF at 9:30am PST, and I got off the waitlist! Offered admission! 🙏🏽 Just waiting for that confirmation email now. For the people who got accepted, how long did you have to wait to get that email?
Just received the email, nevermind

Congrats!! That’s awesome! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you so much! Here are my stats:

cGPA: either 3.67 or 3.71, not sure which GPA they looked at
pGPA: somewhere between 3.03-3.07
GRE: 144V, 142Q, 4.0W
Observation Experience:
184 hours in pediatrics, geriatrics, ortho, SNF, in-patient setting, etc.
Extracurricular Activities/Volunteer Experience:
-Volunteer with an organization that focuses on children with disabilities
-Volunteer at a recreation and rehabilitation center
-Vice President of pledge class in fraternity (community service based org, co-ed)
-Student Researcher at Adapted Physical Activity Lab at undergrad university
-Employed as an after-school program teacher at the YMCA

Awards/Recognitions:
Magna Cum Laude honors at graduation
Dean's List all throughout college

Letters of Rec:
1 from therapeutic exercise professor
1 from YMCA supervisor
2 from PTs

Applied: UCSF/SFSU, Pacific University, University of St. Augustine, CSUN, Western University, West Coast University, Boston University, College of St. Mary, American International College

Rejected: Pacific University, Boston University, CSUN

Waitlisted: UCSF/SFSU, Western University

Withdrew App: University of St. Augustine, College of St. Mary

Accepted: UCSF/SFSU (Will attend! It's my top choice), West Coast University, American International College

I would just like to add too that scores and GPAs do matter, but to an extent. For the people who are down about a low score, GPA, etc. (because I was very hard on myself about them too), there are schools like UCSF/SFSU and West Coast who holistically look at your application. My GRE scores are beyond low (I was actually hesitant to even post them) but I am living proof that as long as you have other things that you can offer to schools you should be fine. I wish someone told me this during the whole process of applying, and I honestly didn't even think I would be offered admission to schools who required the GRE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Observation Experience:
-Vice President of pledge class in fraternity (community service based org, co-ed)

Awards/Recognitions:

Letters of Rec:
1 from YMCA supervisor
2 from PTs

Applied: UCSF/SFSU, Pacific University, University of St. Augustine, CSUN, Western University, West Coast University, Boston University, College of St. Mary, American International College

Accepted: UCSF/SFSU (Will attend! It's my top choice), West Coast University, American International College

I would just like to add too that scores and GPAs do matter, but to an extent. For the people who are down about a low score, GPA, etc. (because I was very hard on myself about them too), there are schools like UCSF/SFSU and West Coast who holistically look at your application. My GRE scores are beyond low (I was actually hesitant to even post them) but I am living proof that as long as you have other things that you can offer to schools you should be fine. I wish someone told me this during the whole process of applying, and I honestly didn't even think I would be offered admission to schools who required the GRE.
Omg thank you so much! I rly appreciate this🥰 Ur encouragement means so much to me. UCSF is literally my dream school and I’m worried since my GRE score isn’t the best. It also sucks cuz my observation hrs aren’t super diverse but hopefully they will consider the other activities I’ve done too! Congrats again on getting in!!

Omg thank you so much! I rly appreciate this🥰 Ur encouragement means so much to me. UCSF is literally my dream school and I’m worried since my GRE score isn’t the best. It also sucks cuz my observation hrs aren’t super diverse but hopefully they will consider the other activities I’ve done too! Congrats again on getting in!!
Of course! Glad I could give some encouragement to someone :) also, feel free to private message me if you or anyone else has any questions! I’ll be happy to help!

Observation Experience:

Awards/Recognitions:

Letters of Rec:
1 from YMCA supervisor
2 from PTs

I AGREE.

My GRE scores were around the same as yours and my prereq and cum GPA were about a 3.5 and I still got accepted to schools.

I never thought I would get accepted because of my numbers- but there are some fabulous schools that do look holistically, like you said!

I AGREE.

My GRE scores were around the same as yours and my prereq and cum GPA were about a 3.5 and I still got accepted to schools.

I never thought I would get accepted because of my numbers- but there are some fabulous schools that do look holistically, like you said!
Congrats on getting accepted to schools! I love how you can relate to my situation bc I thought I was the only one with low GRE scores 😅

Congrats on getting accepted to schools! I love how you can relate to my situation bc I thought I was the only one with low GRE scores 😅
To you as well!!

One of my friend had about the same GRE scores as us as well and she got accepted a couple places + USC!

Got off the waitlist at USC. For those on the waitlist stay hopeful.

Reactions: 1 users
Got off of USC waitlist and was accepted today! :) 3/3

APU recently reached out to me about interviewing, just to update you all.

Just took myself off of CSULB’s high tier waitlist. Good luck to everyone!

I was offered an interview for Western University, but withdrew my application and I also declined my seat at Chapman. So there will probably be some movement from those 2 schools. 😊

When did you get notified/when is the deadline for your decision?
I didn’t get an offer from the waitlist so I’m not sure what those details would be ): I just took myself off the waitlist because I got into my number 1 program

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone is attending WesternU, pm me! Want to start looking for potential housemates :)