-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle
Started by dpt-is-the-one-for-me
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For MSMU I don’t think they gave us a specific date.I am on WL for Chapman (both summer and fall cohorts) as well as MSMU, for those of you accepted when was/is your deposit due?
stressedcilantro
New Member
I was offered admission earlier this week at Chapman with my deposit due on March 8. Not sure if I’ll accept it yet, but it seems that Chapman has started reaching out to students on the waitlist. 😊I am on WL for Chapman (both summer and fall cohorts) as well as MSMU, for those of you accepted when was/is your deposit due?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dpt_please
Full Member
were you on the waitlist & if so what tier?I was offered admission earlier this week at Chapman with my deposit due on March 8. Not sure if I’ll accept it yet, but it seems that Chapman has started reaching out to students on the waitlist. 😊
stressedcilantro
New Member
I was on the waitlist, but I don’t know what tier I was. From what I’ve heard, there is movement on their waitlist in past years so I wouldn’t give up hope!were you on the waitlist & if so what tier?
Also received the same news!Rejected from CSUN last night
letsdothispts
Full Member
Waitlisted to CSUN, #119
letsdothispts
Full Member
Also, I got a call from Sacramento State yesterday and have been taken off the waitlist and offered a seat in their program. Definitely will be accepting! Is anyone here planning on attending Sac State? And if so, is anyone looking for roommates?
Same hereRejected from CSUN last night
Rejected as wellRejected from CSUN last night
FutureDPT24
New Member
Anyone not heard from CSUN yet
Also received the same news!
Same as well, but got accepted to my top choice 🙂 Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked them but they won’t tell me anything. I also asked whether people come off the waitlist in groups or individually, to which they replied “I don’t see how this would be helpful to you.” So that’s fun!how likely or how often do people get off the CSULB high tier waitlist??
and how long should I wait before I give up hope lol
ptapplicant2020
New Member
I originally accepted their offer but just decided to go to a different school, so will be giving up my seat tomorrow. Keep holding on, some people end up getting off the waitlist right before the start date! Good luck!how likely or how often do people get off the CSULB high tier waitlist??
and how long should I wait before I give up hope lol
Last year I only applied to CSULB bc I wanted to figure out the applicaton process ( didn't want to spend huge amounts of money and mess up ya'know).how likely or how often do people get off the CSULB high tier waitlist??
and how long should I wait before I give up hope lol
I got on High Tier Waitlist for CSULB on Jan. 15th. 2020.
Then I was notified "Cohort is Full & Waitlist closed" on April 27th, 2020.
Last edited:
If you emailed Jeff from CSULB, I totally understand how to feel. His emails are cold.I asked them but they won’t tell me anything. I also asked whether people come off the waitlist in groups or individually, to which they replied “I don’t see how this would be helpful to you.” So that’s fun!
My friend who is a 2nd year CSULB DPT student said he's actually a really cool guy but that's just how he is on email. 😅
Oh so at least they tell you when the cohort is full? That’s goodLast year I only applied to CSULB bc I wanted to figure out the applicaton process ( didn't want to spend huge amounts of money and mess up ya'know).
I got on High Tier Waitlist for CSULB.
Jan. 15th. 2020.
Then I was notified "Cohort is Full & Waitlist closed" on April 27th, 2020.
Congrats! What school will you be attending?Same as well, but got accepted to my top choice 🙂 Good luck everyone!
Thank you! Samuel Merritt University in Oakland, CACongrats! What school will you be attending?
Also rejected from CSUN, but just received an email that I was waitlisted at West Coast University.
Just received the email, nevermindGot a phone call today, 3/2, from UCSF at 9:30am PST, and I got off the waitlist! Offered admission! 🙏🏽 Just waiting for that confirmation email now. For the people who got accepted, how long did you have to wait to get that email?
Plzlemmein
Full Member
Congrats!! That’s awesome! Do you mind sharing your stats?Just received the email, nevermind
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much! Here are my stats:Congrats!! That’s awesome! Do you mind sharing your stats?
cGPA: either 3.67 or 3.71, not sure which GPA they looked at
pGPA: somewhere between 3.03-3.07
GRE: 144V, 142Q, 4.0W
Observation Experience:
184 hours in pediatrics, geriatrics, ortho, SNF, in-patient setting, etc.
Extracurricular Activities/Volunteer Experience:
-Volunteer with an organization that focuses on children with disabilities
-Volunteer at a recreation and rehabilitation center
-Vice President of pledge class in fraternity (community service based org, co-ed)
-Student Researcher at Adapted Physical Activity Lab at undergrad university
-Employed as an after-school program teacher at the YMCA
Awards/Recognitions:
Magna Cum Laude honors at graduation
Dean's List all throughout college
Letters of Rec:
1 from therapeutic exercise professor
1 from YMCA supervisor
2 from PTs
Applied: UCSF/SFSU, Pacific University, University of St. Augustine, CSUN, Western University, West Coast University, Boston University, College of St. Mary, American International College
Rejected: Pacific University, Boston University, CSUN
Waitlisted: UCSF/SFSU, Western University
Withdrew App: University of St. Augustine, College of St. Mary
Accepted: UCSF/SFSU (Will attend! It's my top choice), West Coast University, American International College
I would just like to add too that scores and GPAs do matter, but to an extent. For the people who are down about a low score, GPA, etc. (because I was very hard on myself about them too), there are schools like UCSF/SFSU and West Coast who holistically look at your application. My GRE scores are beyond low (I was actually hesitant to even post them) but I am living proof that as long as you have other things that you can offer to schools you should be fine. I wish someone told me this during the whole process of applying, and I honestly didn't even think I would be offered admission to schools who required the GRE.
Last edited:
Plzlemmein
Full Member
Omg thank you so much! I rly appreciate this🥰 Ur encouragement means so much to me. UCSF is literally my dream school and I’m worried since my GRE score isn’t the best. It also sucks cuz my observation hrs aren’t super diverse but hopefully they will consider the other activities I’ve done too! Congrats again on getting in!!Thank you so much! Here are my stats:
cGPA: either 3.67 or 3.71, not sure which GPA they looked at
pGPA: somewhere between 3.03-3.07
GRE: 144V, 142Q, 4.0W
Observation Experience:
184 hours in pediatrics, geriatrics, ortho, SNF, in-patient setting, etc.
Extracurricular Activities/Volunteer Experience:
-Volunteer with an organization that focuses on children with disabilities
-Volunteer at a recreation and rehabilitation center
-Vice President of pledge class in fraternity (community service based org, co-ed)
-Student Researcher at Adapted Physical Activity Lab at undergrad university
-Employed as an after-school program teacher at the YMCA
Awards/Recognitions:
Magna Cum Laude honors at graduation
Dean's List all throughout college
Letters of Rec:
1 from therapeutic exercise professor
1 from YMCA supervisor
2 from PTs
Applied: UCSF/SFSU, Pacific University, University of St. Augustine, CSUN, Western University, West Coast University, Boston University, College of St. Mary, American International College
Rejected: Pacific University, Boston University, CSUN
Waitlisted: UCSF/SFSU, Western University
Withdrew App: University of St. Augustine, College of St. Mary
Accepted: UCSF/SFSU (Will attend! It's my top choice), West Coast University, American International College
I would just like to add too that scores and GPAs do matter, but to an extent. For the people who are down about a low score, GPA, etc. (because I was very hard on myself about them too), there are schools like UCSF/SFSU and West Coast who holistically look at your application. My GRE scores are beyond low (I was actually hesitant to even post them) but I am living proof that as long as you have other things that you can offer to schools you should be fine. I wish someone told me this during the whole process of applying, and I honestly didn't even think I would be offered admission to schools who required the GRE.
Of course! Glad I could give some encouragement to someone 🙂 also, feel free to private message me if you or anyone else has any questions! I’ll be happy to help!Omg thank you so much! I rly appreciate this🥰 Ur encouragement means so much to me. UCSF is literally my dream school and I’m worried since my GRE score isn’t the best. It also sucks cuz my observation hrs aren’t super diverse but hopefully they will consider the other activities I’ve done too! Congrats again on getting in!!
Thank you so much! Here are my stats:
cGPA: either 3.67 or 3.71, not sure which GPA they looked at
pGPA: somewhere between 3.03-3.07
GRE: 144V, 142Q, 4.0W
Observation Experience:
184 hours in pediatrics, geriatrics, ortho, SNF, in-patient setting, etc.
Extracurricular Activities/Volunteer Experience:
-Volunteer with an organization that focuses on children with disabilities
-Volunteer at a recreation and rehabilitation center
-Vice President of pledge class in fraternity (community service based org, co-ed)
-Student Researcher at Adapted Physical Activity Lab at undergrad university
-Employed as an after-school program teacher at the YMCA
Awards/Recognitions:
Magna Cum Laude honors at graduation
Dean's List all throughout college
Letters of Rec:
1 from therapeutic exercise professor
1 from YMCA supervisor
2 from PTs
Applied: UCSF/SFSU, Pacific University, University of St. Augustine, CSUN, Western University, West Coast University, Boston University, College of St. Mary, American International College
Rejected: Pacific University, Boston University, CSUN
Waitlisted: UCSF/SFSU, Western University
Withdrew App: University of St. Augustine, College of St. Mary
Accepted: UCSF/SFSU (Will attend! It's my top choice), West Coast University, American International College
I would just like to add too that scores and GPAs do matter, but to an extent. For the people who are down about a low score, GPA, etc. (because I was very hard on myself about them too), there are schools like UCSF/SFSU and West Coast who holistically look at your application. My GRE scores are beyond low (I was actually hesitant to even post them) but I am living proof that as long as you have other things that you can offer to schools you should be fine. I wish someone told me this during the whole process of applying, and I honestly didn't even think I would be offered admission to schools who required the GRE.
I AGREE.
My GRE scores were around the same as yours and my prereq and cum GPA were about a 3.5 and I still got accepted to schools.
I never thought I would get accepted because of my numbers- but there are some fabulous schools that do look holistically, like you said!
Congrats on getting accepted to schools! I love how you can relate to my situation bc I thought I was the only one with low GRE scores 😅I AGREE.
My GRE scores were around the same as yours and my prereq and cum GPA were about a 3.5 and I still got accepted to schools.
I never thought I would get accepted because of my numbers- but there are some fabulous schools that do look holistically, like you said!
To you as well!!Congrats on getting accepted to schools! I love how you can relate to my situation bc I thought I was the only one with low GRE scores 😅
One of my friend had about the same GRE scores as us as well and she got accepted a couple places + USC!
Will you be going there? I put down my deposit for USC, but I’m still waiting for CSULB 🙂Got off the waitlist at USC. For those on the waitlist stay hopeful.
When’s the interview?APU recently reached out to me about interviewing, just to update you all.
When did you get notified/when is the deadline for your decision?Just took myself off of CSULB’s high tier waitlist. Good luck to everyone!
stressedcilantro
New Member
I was offered an interview for Western University, but withdrew my application and I also declined my seat at Chapman. So there will probably be some movement from those 2 schools. 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t get an offer from the waitlist so I’m not sure what those details would be ): I just took myself off the waitlist because I got into my number 1 programWhen did you get notified/when is the deadline for your decision?
March 26thWhen’s the interview?
Awesome! Did you get an email or did they call you? And do you know what time the interview is at?March 26th
Can I ask how early you applied to APU?APU recently reached out to me about interviewing, just to update you all.