California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything back from USC?
Hi I’m also waiting to hear back from USC but nothing yet. I’ve mailed the admissions team twice but didn’t receive any replies… Have you tried sending an email?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I’m also waiting to hear back from USC but nothing yet. I’ve mailed the admissions team twice but didn’t receive any replies… Have you tried sending an email?
I have sent an email and have not heard back either

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I am new to this forum. Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their acceptances so far and to those who are still waiting, don’t give up hope! I have recently gotten an offer at Sacramento state and was wondering if anyone else will be attending there?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I am new to this forum. Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their acceptances so far and to those who are still waiting, don’t give up hope! I have recently gotten an offer at Sacramento state and was wondering if anyone else will be attending there?
Hey! If you don't mind my asking, where were you originally on the waitlist?

Hey there, I was fortunate enough to get an acceptance right away so I was not on the waitlist actually!

Hi! I'm also new to this forum, and I'll be attending Sac State this fall. Did you accept the offer?

Hi! I'm also new to this forum, and I'll be attending Sac State this fall. Did you accept the offer?
Do you know if there is or will be a Facebook group or ig page for c/o 2025? Just wondering

Does anyone know what is the deadline for CSULB to announce acceptance? I tried asking the enrollment services, but they have no idea.

Does anyone know what is the deadline for CSULB to announce acceptance? I tried asking the enrollment services, but they have no idea.
I asked Dr. Jeff right after I got on the waitlist in January. He said "We will keep our admissions window open until May 1st. If you have not received an offer of acceptance from the PT program by May 1st then you will not be admitted to the program for this year."

Do you know if there is or will be a Facebook group or ig page for c/o 2025? Just wondering
I'm wondering that too! Not sure if one's been set up yet.
Congrats on getting in and committing!

just got an email from USC! i was accepted into the residential program and waitlisted for the hybrid program! if i accept the offer ill be in a huge amt of debt but honestly idc at dis point ahaha

Reactions: 3 users
Received an email from USC that I was accepted into the residential program off the waitlist! Probably going to turn it down since I've already committed to CSULB. But seriously debating its network & connections vs costs... Any advice and insight would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview with western last week, on the waitlist! They do not specify which number I am but still good I’m hoping!

Had my interview with western last week, on the waitlist! They do not specify which number I am but still good I’m hoping!
Same here! Let’s hope a spot opens up for the both of us! Their interview was way different than other interviews So I’m glad we got a spot.

Same here! Let’s hope a spot opens up for the both of us! Their interview was way different than other interviews So I’m glad we got a spot.
Omg right?! It caught me off guard! But omg congrats! I hope the list isn’t too big

Omg right?! It caught me off guard! But omg congrats! I hope the list isn’t too big
Ya all the questions got me off guard except 2 lol. I’m hoping it’s not too big. Fingers crossed for us both!

Has anyone gotten on Westerns waitlist and been accepted so far?

Has anyone gotten on Westerns waitlist and been accepted so far?
I’ve been on their waitlist since January after I interviewed in December. One of the PTs I work with, who graduated from Western, said he thinks that the waitlist is in order of who interviewed first and the list goes on from there.

I’ve been on their waitlist since January after I interviewed in December. One of the PTs I work with, who graduated from Western, said he thinks that the waitlist is in order of who interviewed first and the list goes on from there.
Have you tried contacting them for any news? I was thinking they also go down the waitlist according to who interviewed first.

Have you tried contacting them for any news? I was thinking they also go down the waitlist according to who interviewed first.
Haven’t heard anything yet, but the PTs theory could also be wrong :/

just got an email from USC! i was accepted into the residential program and waitlisted for the hybrid program! if i accept the offer ill be in a huge amt of debt but honestly idc at dis point ahaha
Congrats!!
Can I please ask how your stats looked like?

Congrats!!
Can I please ask how your stats looked like?
thank you!! and sure here are the basic stats:
- cGPA: 3.35
- pGPA: 3.3
- gre: 157Q 165V 5.0 AW
- 3 letters (1 prof, 1 pt, 1 prof/advisor for club)
- extras: club secretary (club was about medical missions), volunteer in a cultural club
- about 320 outpatient hrs from 3 settings, no inpatient cuz covid
so yeah i didnt have the most amazing stats but im happy i got accepted at least somewhere LOL

re: western, someone I worked with last year got into Western off the waitlist just a few weeks before classes started, in august or something

I asked Dr. Jeff right after I got on the waitlist in January. He said "We will keep our admissions window open until May 1st. If you have not received an offer of acceptance from the PT program by May 1st then you will not be admitted to the program for this year."
Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a way to know what number I'm on the waitlist for CSULB? I'm high tier but haven't heard anything yet.

thank you!! and sure here are the basic stats:
- cGPA: 3.35
- pGPA: 3.3
- gre: 157Q 165V 5.0 AW
- 3 letters (1 prof, 1 pt, 1 prof/advisor for club)
- extras: club secretary (club was about medical missions), volunteer in a cultural club
- about 320 outpatient hrs from 3 settings, no inpatient cuz covid
so yeah i didnt have the most amazing stats but im happy i got accepted at least somewhere LOL
Can I ask when you submitted your application? USC is my top choice so I’m getting extremely nervous waiting to hear back!

Last edited:
Current USC residential student, let me know if anyone has any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
How do you like the program? Would you recommend it? I’m struggling on making a decision between usc and csun because of the cost difference.

Can I ask when you submitted your application? USC is my top choice so I’m getting extremely nervous waiting to hear back!
i submitted like early october so yeah it definitely took a while to hear back. if you applied to both pathways you'll get the emails at the same time

ooh yeah how is the difficulty of the program and how well did you adjust? what kind of studying methods do u recommend

ooh yeah how is the difficulty of the program and how well did you adjust? what kind of studying methods do u recommend
Definitely difficult, I’m not going to lie haha. I recommend using flash cards, you won’t have time to rewrite everything. Definitely study in groups, too! And time management is HUGE in pt school, regardless of where you go.

How do you like the program? Would you recommend it? I’m struggling on making a decision between usc and csun because of the cost difference.
I like it a lot!! Professors truly care about you and the facilities are so so so nice. The only downside is there is a lot of asynchronous content.

Does anyone know if you can hold more than one spot at a time? I'm currently trying to decide between CSUF and UNLV, and my deposit is due in one week for one of the schools.

Does anyone know if you can hold more than one spot at a time? I'm currently trying to decide between CSUF and UNLV, and my deposit is due in one week for one of the schools.
You can, they have no idea that you’ve placed a deposit in both places. Only con is that you’ve potentially “wasted” money in the school you aren’t going to. But in the grand scheme of things it’s worth it lol

Received an email from USC that I was accepted into the residential program off the waitlist! Probably going to turn it down since I've already committed to CSULB. But seriously debating its network & connections vs costs... Any advice and insight would be appreciated!
Interesting to hear you got accepted off the waitlist for USC since I haven’t even heard back yet. When did you hear back the first time when you were waitlisted? I’m worried now that my application got lost!

Has anyone heard back from USC residential program? If so, how long after you submitted your app did it take to hear back? Thanks!

Has anyone heard back from USC residential program? If so, how long after you submitted your app did it take to hear back? Thanks!
I got denied a few days ago, sent in my app in September.

Interesting to hear you got accepted off the waitlist for USC since I haven’t even heard back yet. When did you hear back the first time when you were waitlisted? I’m worried now that my application got lost!
I heard back the first time I was waitlisted on February 3rd! I submitted my apps on September 7th. Some of the USC grads that I worked with at my clinic told me it seems completely random and they heard back as late as April if that provides any reassurance. Good luck!

I heard back the first time I was waitlisted on February 3rd! I submitted my apps on September 7th. Some of the USC grads that I worked with at my clinic told me it seems completely random and they heard back as late as April if that provides any reassurance. Good luck!
Thanks for the input, I will keep my hope alive!

my friend who is in the program right now says they don't give wailisted applicants a number instead what they do is when someone gives up their seats they go back as a team and review their notes on what applicant they want from the waitlist. My friend was originally wailisted!

same! are you taking it?
I think so, because of the interpersonal classes, the faculty and student mentorship programs and i’ve reached out to multiple alumni and they all have high reccomendations for the program. I’m def paying the deposit but I’m waitlisted for CSULB too, so if i get off, i’m debating on taking that instead because of the costs, but idk I feel like Western gives a lot more opportunities to help you succeed. What are your thoughts? Are you taking it? 😮

Last edited: