You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle
Started by CalcaneusLongus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
studentDPT2021
Full Member
How many people have, for sure, confirmed their acceptance to CSUN? I'm still hoping I have a chance.
dptstudent6
New Member
Just got off the waitlist for the chapman fall cohort!!!🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I confirmed my acceptance, but I'm sure some others did too that might still ultimately take a spot at another school. It's so hard to know!How many people have, for sure, confirmed their acceptance to CSUN? I'm still hoping I have a chance.
olivia_dptstudent
New Member
I am! I’m going to WesternU & it’s just a little to far from my home to commute, so i’m living on campus during the week.Anyone here moving away from home to go to school?
student2022
New Member
I just got an email today that I am waitlisted for USC residential. I’m also waitlisted for WesternU and have been contacting them inconsistently because that was my top choice but I emailed them and called twice after not reaching out for a while March 10 and they haven’t responded to email or call which I am really bummed onHas anyone heard back from USC residential program? If so, how long after you submitted your app did it take to hear back? Thanks!
rebeccalee0404
Full Member
Yes I amAnyone here moving away from home to go to school?
I am. I only know a handful of people who were able to stay home during school.Anyone here moving away from home to go to school?
Congrats!I just heard I got off the high tier wait list and have been accepted into CSUN! Sooooo relieved!
Did you have to take one or two semester of medical terminology?
dptstressed
Full Member
Both of my undergrad colleges attended only had one semester class available. All the schools I applied to required/recommended only 1 course. Some didn’t even askDoes anyone know if school require two or one semester of medical terminology ?
Thank you for the response!Both of my undergrad colleges attended only had one semester class available. All the schools I applied to required/recommended only 1 course. Some didn’t even ask
If you dont mind me asking, which undergrad college was this?
I want to see if the course material corresponds with the one I am enrolled in
Hi, I didn't have to take any, but if you look at each school's prerequisite requirements online, they will have them all posted. Good luck!Congrats!
Did you have to take one or two semester of medical terminology?
I also didn't have to take anyDoes anyone know if school require two or one semester of medical terminology ?
ihopeigetin11
Full Member
the only school i saw that required medical team was saint augustine which was 1 semester! I only looked at CA schools though not sure outside thatDoes anyone know if school require two or one semester of medical terminology ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Taco Mania
New Member
Hi just fyi- I hope this hopes anyone- here are my stats and acceptances/rejections
Cgpa:3.6
Pgpa:3.7 (3.5-3.9)
Gre: (math:161, reading 154, essay 4.5)
Observations hours
1.80 hours at Nuero clinic abroad
2. 130 hours at skilled nursing facility
3. 4 outpatient orthos- total of about 400 houts
Resume: community services, leadership, club sports, personal training, teaching, lifeguarding
Accepted: Csulb, Marymount (Arlinton, VA), Nova Southeastern
Denials: SFSU, SDSU
Waitlist: CSUN
Interviews- that I declined: Sac State, Umiami
Cgpa:3.6
Pgpa:3.7 (3.5-3.9)
Gre: (math:161, reading 154, essay 4.5)
Observations hours
1.80 hours at Nuero clinic abroad
2. 130 hours at skilled nursing facility
3. 4 outpatient orthos- total of about 400 houts
Resume: community services, leadership, club sports, personal training, teaching, lifeguarding
Accepted: Csulb, Marymount (Arlinton, VA), Nova Southeastern
Denials: SFSU, SDSU
Waitlist: CSUN
Interviews- that I declined: Sac State, Umiami
student2022
New Member
just got accepted into residential program for USC last night! waitlisted for WesternU
olivia_dptstudent
New Member
I’m going to WesternU too! Let me know if you officially going (once you hear back from the other school) & we can connect! I have been looking for a Facebook group or something!Just got off the waitlist for western and accepted my seat!!! Still hoping to get off Samuel Merritts wait list since It is close to home, but I’m excited anyways!!
I’m going to WesternU too! Let me know if you officially going (once you hear back from the other school) & we can connect! I have been looking for a Facebook group or something!
Thank you!!!
dptthedream
New Member
Just got off the waitlist for MSMU, but already committed to WesternU, so declining but hopefully that frees up a spot for one of you. 🙂
studentDPT2021
Full Member
I was initially waitlisted at CSUN back in March, but I received an offer from Hawaii Pacific University back in June. I decided to decline my offer at HPU because it was just too expensive and the accelerated program was not for me. I pretty much thought I would have to reapply to schools this next application cycle, but I actually received a KIRA invite from CSUN yesterday . . . it's pretty late, but hopefully they accept me.
I was initially waitlisted at CSUN back in March, but I received an offer from Hawaii Pacific University back in June. I decided to decline my offer at HPU because it was just too expensive and the accelerated program was not for me. I pretty much thought I would have to reapply to schools this next application cycle, but I actually received a KIRA invite from CSUN yesterday . . . it's pretty late, but hopefully they accept me.
Whoa! We start in 2 weeks, if you can make it happen that would be awesome for you!