California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here moving away from home to go to school?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How many people have, for sure, confirmed their acceptance to CSUN? I'm still hoping I have a chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people have, for sure, confirmed their acceptance to CSUN? I'm still hoping I have a chance.
I confirmed my acceptance, but I'm sure some others did too that might still ultimately take a spot at another school. It's so hard to know!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from USC residential program? If so, how long after you submitted your app did it take to hear back? Thanks!
I just got an email today that I am waitlisted for USC residential. I’m also waitlisted for WesternU and have been contacting them inconsistently because that was my top choice but I emailed them and called twice after not reaching out for a while March 10 and they haven’t responded to email or call which I am really bummed on

Does anyone know if school require two or one semester of medical terminology ?

I just heard I got off the high tier wait list and have been accepted into CSUN! Sooooo relieved!
Congrats!
Did you have to take one or two semester of medical terminology?

Both of my undergrad colleges attended only had one semester class available. All the schools I applied to required/recommended only 1 course. Some didn’t even ask

Both of my undergrad colleges attended only had one semester class available. All the schools I applied to required/recommended only 1 course. Some didn’t even ask
Thank you for the response!
If you dont mind me asking, which undergrad college was this?
I want to see if the course material corresponds with the one I am enrolled in

Congrats!
Did you have to take one or two semester of medical terminology?
Hi, I didn't have to take any, but if you look at each school's prerequisite requirements online, they will have them all posted. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
the only school i saw that required medical team was saint augustine which was 1 semester! I only looked at CA schools though not sure outside that

So both CSUN and CSULB rejected me in the past two days and say they will not be accepting anymore students? Anyone know how true this is cause I know some students get accepted a week before or after classes start?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi just fyi- I hope this hopes anyone- here are my stats and acceptances/rejections
Cgpa:3.6
Pgpa:3.7 (3.5-3.9)
Gre: (math:161, reading 154, essay 4.5)
Observations hours
1.80 hours at Nuero clinic abroad
2. 130 hours at skilled nursing facility
3. 4 outpatient orthos- total of about 400 houts
Resume: community services, leadership, club sports, personal training, teaching, lifeguarding

Accepted: Csulb, Marymount (Arlinton, VA), Nova Southeastern
Denials: SFSU, SDSU
Waitlist: CSUN
Interviews- that I declined: Sac State, Umiami

Anyone get off any waitlists recently in the last 2 weeks or so

Just got off the waitlist for western and accepted my seat!!! Still hoping to get off Samuel Merritts wait list since It is close to home, but I’m excited anyways!!

Reactions: 4 users
just got accepted into residential program for USC last night! waitlisted for WesternU

Reactions: 3 users
Just got off the waitlist for western and accepted my seat!!! Still hoping to get off Samuel Merritts wait list since It is close to home, but I’m excited anyways!!
I’m going to WesternU too! Let me know if you officially going (once you hear back from the other school) & we can connect! I have been looking for a Facebook group or something!

I just got a call that I was taken off the waitlist and accepted into MSMU's program!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got off the waitlist for MSMU, but already committed to WesternU, so declining but hopefully that frees up a spot for one of you. :)

I hope this helps someone!

Attachments

• 7954C018-C471-4630-B4F8-3883BB7A3579.png
    7954C018-C471-4630-B4F8-3883BB7A3579.png
    413.4 KB · Views: 71
I was initially waitlisted at CSUN back in March, but I received an offer from Hawaii Pacific University back in June. I decided to decline my offer at HPU because it was just too expensive and the accelerated program was not for me. I pretty much thought I would have to reapply to schools this next application cycle, but I actually received a KIRA invite from CSUN yesterday . . . it's pretty late, but hopefully they accept me.

I was initially waitlisted at CSUN back in March, but I received an offer from Hawaii Pacific University back in June. I decided to decline my offer at HPU because it was just too expensive and the accelerated program was not for me. I pretty much thought I would have to reapply to schools this next application cycle, but I actually received a KIRA invite from CSUN yesterday . . . it's pretty late, but hopefully they accept me.

Whoa! We start in 2 weeks, if you can make it happen that would be awesome for you!

I just got a call and I am off the waitlist for Samuel Merritt for fall 2022!! Stoked but kinda freaked out it starts so soon!!