California Medicaid reimbursement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BDanes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a patient who I did an ACD for yesterday that has CA medicaid and was wondering what the reimbursement was / unit. If anyone knows I'd appreciate it. I know it sucks and was guessing around $15/unit.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had a patient who I did an ACD for yesterday that has CA medicaid and was wondering what the reimbursement was / unit. If anyone knows I'd appreciate it. I know it sucks and was guessing around $15/unit.

Thanks!
More like $12.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Trust me, I did pay for taking care of this a-hole. Nothing like someone who lives in one state that has medicaid from another so they can get their med marijuana. HepC, paranoid schizo, bipolar, etc. Oh, and the guy had hair longer than his shoulders full of lice. Asked me what I was going to use to put him to sleep and when I told him he said, "You aren't going to use fentanyl?".

As I was inducing this waste of natural resources he asked me to put some LSD in the line (I am not kidding!). I should have done everyone all a favor and just pushed concentrated potassium.

Just boggles my mind that this guy gets the same treatment as the pilot for Southwest airlines that I did the exact same case for following this case.

Guess the govt really does know how best to use our money:rolleyes:

Thanks for the answer anyway!

More like $12.....
Then it must have gone down again, because when I was in private practice, it was a few cents over 14 dollars; I think it was something like $14.11 or thereabouts, but this was six years ago. I have not been keeping track of it after I left private practice. That was the time when Medicare had dropped a lot and it almost made no difference whether you had a Medicare case or a Medi-Cal case (for those who are not familiar with the name, Medi-Cal is the California Medicaid).

Last edited: