California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, I emailed Northstate and they said that oct 28 is their last interview date for the year and they will have the next date in Jan..

Oh wow. Northstate has very few interview dates. They probably interview a lot of people in each date.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
~75 per interview date from what I hear.

I also have an interview on Oct. 28. Im going to miss a lecture as well, but it's definitely worth it. This may sound funny, but what exactly should I wear? LOL. A suit and tie??

Members don't see this ad :)
yes probably suit and tie, but anything that is professional and looks good. i'm a girl and i've seen people wear dresses, mismatch skirt suits and so forth.

lol thanks. its my first interview, i dont know what to expect. all ive been doin since the invite is thinking of how to answer possible questions

By the way, those who've already been interviewed, what exactly was the TBL exercise. What exactly were candidates required to do?

no problem! :) you are on the right preparation track though, i am in the same boat as you :)

Postponed my offer interview date for oct 28. got an interview waitlist letter. after reading the letter, it sounded like there's a slim chance for another interview. did anyone else in the same situation get that impression?

Hey guys!

I just got an interview invite for Oct 28, such late notice!

Did any of you guys get a confirmation email of the time, I need to book my flight and hotel by tonight preferably since I only got a week notice.

I don't know when they'll get back to me, so if anyone could tell me when interview/orientation starts now, that would be great.

Thank you guys!

Congrats!! best of Luck...:)

Would you be able to share your interview experience? and the anything else that can help us perform better?

thank you.

I know this may not sound much, but just be confident who you are...good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews start at 1130 but they would like for us to come 30 min early. Not sure exactly where though I think it might be in the email they send out in response to the applicants confirmation to the interview... I'd better double check.

Hey guys I got an interview on October 28th, but I can't make it! They said I am going to be waitlisted for a January one!!! Anyone know what the likely hood of getting an interview is???

Did anyone not have a perfect gpa and was questioned on your grades?

im not sure what the highest and lowest gpa's was but your minimum has to be a 2.8 i believe. there also have to be other factors besides gpa to supplement your application i.e communuty service, experience, other upper level classes, etc

Last edited:
i can speak on my behalf and say no they did not raise any questions about my grades

thanks RPhbound.
I have around a 3.3 gpa and i was questioned about my grades at another school so now im scared it'll happen again b/c those are hard to answer :(

thanks RPhbound.
I have around a 3.3 gpa and i was questioned about my grades at another school so now im scared it'll happen again b/c those are hard to answer :(

if you are confident your interview should go smooth.......shake the nervous off;)

Last edited:
if you are confident your interview should smooth.......shake the nervous off;)

haha thanks :) i hope my interview goes well!

congrats btw. will u be attending or u still have other interviews?

haha thanks :) i hope my interview goes well!

congrats btw. will u be attending or u still have other interviews?

thanks!! yes i will be attending, and i have 4 other interviews

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have gotten a confirmation email on 10/05 , but haven't heard anything from them. I still have some prerequisite to take before the matriculation. For those who have already the interview, Do you have all the coursework done?
how long does it take for them to get the secondary review done? Should I call them?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I have gotten a confirmation email on 10/05 , but haven't heard anything from them. I still have some prerequisite to take before the matriculation. For those who have already the interview, Do you have all the coursework done?
how long does it take for them to get the secondary review done? Should I call them?

Thanks in advance

all of my coursework is completed and i graduated May 2011

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

i have finished all prerequisites, but will graduate in may.

Interview on 10/28 as well!

Last edited:
Any tips on the interview? What else happened during TBL assignment besides individual and group quiz? Thanks for any information! =)

Don't worry too much about the TBL assignment or the quizzes, they're mainly to show you what a regular day in class would be like. Has anyone from the Sept. interviews heard from admissions this week? Thought we would all hear by now.

I called them today and they told me that they are still not done with all the files from Sept.30 interview and they got another interview tomorrow, so we should hear from them by next week

I called them today and they told me that they are still not done with all the files from Sept.30 interview and they got another interview tomorrow, so we should hear from them by next week

don't bother them, you'll end up jeopardizing it. just sit back and relax.

anyone know how important is the essay writing portion?
I might have messed up a tiny bit b/c i read the prompt too fast.

Other than that my interviewers were both very nice and i had a great time. I thought the TBL assignment was kind of fun and I could definitely see myself going here cuz everyone was so nice and i want to stay in CA.

how's everyone else's interview go (oct. 28)?

Last edited:
i'm wondering the same thing too the prompt was very easy but i think it may not have been my best work either, i rambled a bit haha wrote two pages though. i think the TBL was very fun too. my interviews were both great experiences and one of my best interview performances thus far was with the faculty member.

one thing though, too much down time. i thought the break was not very necessary since we had a good lunch time, and Q&A was like a break too :) everyone was very friendly.

Has anyone received an interview date in January yet?

Sorryy, what I meant to ask was.. has anyone received an interview letter for 2012 yet? haha. I'd assume it's in January though.

They will most likely send out the interview invites a couple weeks before the interview date.

Also to the person above about the e-mail regarding another interview date if you postponed the one in October, contact admissions and just ask about the situation. I did that and was told I would be offered to interview at the next date in January, but they would be sending out the invite closer to the actual date they schedule it for.

Has anybody new been accepted lately?
Do they email or mail the acceptance?
The wait is so long :( they said 3-4 weeks but it looks like it takes longer than that

Has anybody new been accepted lately?
Do they email or mail the acceptance?
The wait is so long :( they said 3-4 weeks but it looks like it takes longer than that

hey ayuka they said 3 weeks. so i'm thinking by the 19th? :xf:

Just got an invite from North State for Dec 2nd Interview.:):luck:

I actually don't know. I guess they will have more invites on January and so on...

First timer posting here, but I just received an interview invite for Dec. 2 :)