California Schools 2018-2019

Started by messi6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

messi6

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Western U, USC, Chapman, West Coast, or St. Augustine (San Marcos, Fall 2019) for any interview opportunities?

I submitted my apps late September and Western U and USC have been told that the applications are now being reviewed.

For USA, I am having an issue with my prerequisite and I'm trying to work things out with Chelsea, but she has not responded for 3 weeks (I've emailed and called). I'm worried that the interview spots will be full meanwhile.

Anyone in similar situations?

I would like to know your stats as well.

My stats are:
- cGPA: 3.2
- pGPA: 3.3-3.5 depending on schools
- GRE: 154Q/144V/4.5AW
- Observation hours ~1,200 hours (Outpatient orthopedic, inpatient acute care, neuro, and joint replacement, outpatient wound care), community volunteer with pediatrics - i pretty much have most of the settings.
- LOR's: 2 from USC grads, 1 physics prof (teaches at a CC, graduated from UCLA)

P.S. I applied to USC hybrid program for priority deadline.
 
Last edited:
Hi,
I applied to USC and WesternU. Haven't heard anything from USC other than their automated PTCAS email. I was invited for an interview from WesternU on 10/22, to be held in January. I heard their admissions office is running behind.
 
Hi,
I applied to USC and WesternU. Haven't heard anything from USC other than their automated PTCAS email. I was invited for an interview from WesternU on 10/22, to be held in January. I heard their admissions office is running behind.

Congrats on the interview! I was notified my Western U app is ready to be reviewed just two days ago. But thanks for the info!
Did you apply to both residential and hybrid for USC?

Do you mind sharing your stats with me?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the interview! I was notified my Western U app is ready to be reviewed just two days ago. But thanks for the info!
Did you apply to both residential and hybrid for USC?

Do you mind sharing your stats with me?
Residential.
cGPA: 3.86
pGPA: 3.6-7
GRE: 150 Q, 156 V, 3.5 AWA
 
I submitted my USA app the day it was due and Chelsea sent an email saying that I should expect to hear something about an interview within 2 to 4 weeks. I have a feeling it won't be until waaaay later on though after looking back at when people submitted and received any word in the past.
 
From what I've heard, WesternU is basically sending out the first batch of invitations based on cGPA. They're currently prioritizing and contacting those with cGPA 3.5+ for interviews first. If you have a cGPA below 3.5, I don't think they'll reach out any time soon.

USC is rolling, but people should hear back sometime in December.

Chapman applicants for the summer start date are currently being reviewed and results should be sent out this month (November) or December. They haven't started reviewing for fall applicants yet, so you won't hear back until most likely January of next year.

St. Augustine for San Marcos is currently trying to fill up spots for their Spring and Summer cohorts still. They aren't going to start reviewing fall applicants until a few weeks from now.

I don't have any information on WCU, but I hope this helps!
 
From what I've heard, WesternU is basically sending out the first batch of invitations based on cGPA. They're currently prioritizing and contacting those with cGPA 3.5+ for interviews first. If you have a cGPA below 3.5, I don't think they'll reach out any time soon.

USC is rolling, but people should hear back sometime in December.

Chapman applicants for the summer start date are currently being reviewed and results should be sent out this month (November) or December. They haven't started reviewing for fall applicants yet, so you won't hear back until most likely January of next year.

St. Augustine for San Marcos is currently trying to fill up spots for their Spring and Summer cohorts still. They aren't going to start reviewing fall applicants until a few weeks from now.

I don't have any information on WCU, but I hope this helps!

Wow thanks for the detailed info! It helps!
Well, hopefully at least one of them gets back to me.. :/