Call from Northwestern!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from Northwestern! I'm in!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

r u serious?

congrats man.... damn.. now ill be on pins and needles...

where do u live?

mmz6

Oh, and for those who are wondering. My status page just says "Welcome Back"... it doesn't say a decision has been made or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from MN, interviewed in Dec. and my last name starts with D. I hope you get a call soon too.

haha.. thanks for all those specs.

congrats again.

mmz6

lilmspiano... congrats to u too!

can u give yo info too...

wen u got the call / where u from / interview day / last name starts with.

can't stand this wait...

mmz6

I got the call 5 minutes ago, I'm from CA (school in MA), Interviewed Feb. 3, last name starts w/D

those of you who've been called--

did you have really good stats? i mean, why do you think she called you in particular?

congratulations, by the way! NU is a great school

thanks

Wow, that's awsome you guys! Congratulations, I really hope I have the chance to be there also.

To quote someone from last year:

STICK A FORK IN ME!!!

I just got the call too. Man am I happy!!!!!!

Wow, thank goodness.

Best of luck to all my SDN compatriots.

wow.. MDT, congrats! that's a great news! You definitely deserve it~ I think a lot of people here, if they knew you enough, would definitely envy you. You worked for a great company for few years and got a plenty of good research experience as well as cash to pay for med school expenses... and now you are going to be a doctor! :) i hope i soon follow in your footsteps... congrats again to you and all others who got accepted~ ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
wah. my last name starts with an f. i want a call tonight!

lyragirl... congrats to u too!

can u give yo info too...

wen u got the call / where u from / interview day / last name starts with.

trying to find a trend

peace
mmz6

oh, and congratulations to everyone on this board (i nearly forgot)! :clap:

No call here. Hmmm, is another waitlist in store for Kashue ? :(

Congrats to those who got in!

Ok, so what does NU do if home phone line is busy all night due to step-sister on the Internet! +pissed+

Guess I will have to wait for a letter. :)

I got the call around 8ish. Sorry, don't want to share my last name, but it's in the first half of the alphabet.

I'm most definitely not a rock star (as all the schools who rejected me would be happy to tell you I'm sure...) but I'm non-traditional.

I wish everyone the best of luck. May the Force be with you.

Anyone on the east coast get a call?

Well if they are calling alphabetically, I'm out, I'm a B.

S here but it's 10:30 eastern time.

I just poo-ed on myself. I hope they are calling more people manana.

My phone rang earlier and when I picked it up no one was there! I just know Dean Brown was prank calling me!!!:smuggrin:

Originally posted by lyragrl

STICK A FORK IN ME!!!

Wow, thank goodness.

word...stick a fork in ya...you're done.

congrats!!!!

STICK A FORK IN ME!!!

Wow, thank goodness.

Alright!!! YOU'RE MOVING UP THE ACCETANCE LADDER! It can only get better from here. Great news!! :clap:

Thanks UCLAman and exmike!

exmike: are you worried about your prediction streak? :)

If you weren't around, would they leave a message? I had an "unknown" number show up on my phone around 6:50 tonight, but there was no message. I wonder if they made all the calls today. Oh well.

Originally posted by Gollum
I just poo-ed on myself. I hope they are calling more people manana.

I don't think they are. I think we have to wait for the letters...

Originally posted by Nike
If you weren't around, would they leave a message? I had an "unknown" number show up on my phone around 6:50 tonight, but there was no message. I wonder if they made all the calls today. Oh well.

No, they wouldn't leave a messege. Sounds like it was around the right time though...

Thanks UCLAman and exmike!

exmike: are you worried about your prediction streak? :)

nope,although I have complete faith in my powers of portend, ultimately you'll have a choice of great schools (including the one i predicted hopefully) because of your own accomplishments and b/c you deserve it.
:)

My caller id read Northwestern. I'm in the bottom half of the alphabet. My call came in around 7:00 - (central time). Too cool!

Originally posted by exmike
nope,although I have complete faith in my powers of portend, ultimately you'll have a choice of great schools (including the one i predicted hopefully) because of your own accomplishments and b/c you deserve it.
:)

Wow that was nice! Thanks, man!

does anyone know if they are making more calls today (2/25)? i never understood why they would only call certain accepted applicants and leave the rest to wait for the mail....

im assuming they havent called all accepted people yet...so there's still hope....anyone know if they mail letters out today?

It just seemed like lots of folks in December and last spring heard by mail. I hope y'all find out soon and it's good news!!

Usually I just assume that the hang up calls are telemarker calls, so I don't bother to find out who they are. I guess I'll have to wait for the letter to come.:eek:

So is NU sending out letters today?

did northwestern call everyone in one day last year? Should we be expecting more calls going out today? After being waitlisted 5 times over now, my patience is wearing very thin...

only one way to find out kashue...

tell me how it goes when you call them. :)

Originally posted by mmz6
only one way to find out kashue...

tell me how it goes when you call them. :)

bro, I'm at work and we can't make any long distance calls, including out of state.

Can someone else call and tell us if they are mailing out letters?

"letters go out sometime this week"
me- "oh so they haven't gone out yet"
"I don't know. I only know they go out sometime this week. Expect to hear something from us sometime early next week. [when the letter arrives i guess]."

damn...

mmz6

Originally posted by mmz6
"letters go out sometime this week"
me- "oh so they haven't gone out yet"
"I don't know. I only know they go out sometime this week. Expect to here something from us sometime early next week. [when the letter arrives i guess]."

damn...

mmz6

bleh. more waiting.

thanks mmz6.

STICK A FORK IN ME!!!

Wow, thank goodness.

wow lyra nu!!!!

congrats...congrats :D

this is a good acceptance week for us aye? :hardy:

too bad chicago and cali arent closer or else we can all party...

Originally posted by Kashue
bleh. more waiting.

thanks mmz6.

wait the good wait kash....its gonna be good man. :)

Originally posted by jlee9531
wait the good wait kash....its gonna be good man. :)

I hope so my brother. Could I borrow some of your luck my man?

yup, all final decisions have been made--all letters are going out this week. The lady I spoke to at the feinberg office wasn't sure if the Ad Com folks were still calling accepted applicants. (i called just a few minutes ago)

gotta keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. i really hope we all get some good news. :)

wow lyra nu!!!!

congrats...congrats :D

this is a good acceptance week for us aye? :hardy:

too bad chicago and cali arent closer or else we can all party...

Thank you my friend! Right back at you (again). It has been a good week. Now I'm pulling for Kashue, TheFlash, CalBeE and all my other favorite SDNers waiting for both NU and Columbia.

Thank you my friend! Right back at you (again). It has been a good week. Now I'm pulling for Kashue, TheFlash, CalBeE and all my other favorite SDNers waiting for both NU and Columbia.

Thanks Lyra! *crossing fingers myself*

Originally posted by Kashue
I hope so my brother. Could I borrow some of your luck my man?

hell yeah you can...ive been fortunate enough to have come this far somehow....have no problem sharing the luck man...

kash, flash, korean bbq meat are all f*ing highly qualified....so im wishing for the best for y'all.

hell yeah you can...ive been fortunate enough to have come this far somehow....have no problem sharing the luck man...

kash, flash, korean bbq meat are all f*ing highly qualified....so im wishing for the best for y'all.

Yup, im rootin for all my predictees! And everyone else of course, but especially my predictees . I need some luck too.. or its cleveland here I come *sigh* :D