Call from Northwestern!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing in the mail for me. From the looks of it, it's definately going to be a waitlist/rejection.

Oh wellz. I couldn't afford NU anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by CalBeE
What's it with me and Chicago schools?

I got waitlisted at Pritzker back in November, and now at Northwestern too...darn it ;)

Me TOO, well Northwestern just rejected me, but waitlisted at Pritzker after a very early interview.
I think Chicago Hates me, and I even lived half my life in IL!

Wait people. Now I'm confused. People who haven't even gotten their letter yet are already saying its a WL/Reject for them. Did I miss something? Is it ABSOLUTELY certain that people who were accepted also received the second look email? Please don't post speculation or rumors- need FACTS only. Thanks ahead of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Gollum
Wait people. Now I'm confused. People who haven't even gotten their letter yet are already saying its a WL/Reject for them. Did I miss something? Is it ABSOLUTELY certain that people who were accepted also received the second look email? Please don't post speculation or rumors- need FACTS only. Thanks ahead of time.

Well, it looks like all those who were accepted got the email. Those that didn't = waitlist/rejection.

I doubt that I'm going to be the exception. I live in NYC, why isn't my letter here yet?

Gollum,

this is just based on last year- when everyone who was accepted received that email at the same time. People who had not yet received the letter still got the e-mail at the same time.

Since we didn't get the email- it goes to say that we didn't get in. Speculation perhaps, but with 97% certainty.

mmz6

Originally posted by Kashue
Well, it looks like all those who were accepted got the email. Those that didn't = waitlist/rejection.

I doubt that I'm going to be the exception. I live in NYC, why isn't my letter here yet?

WTF, I'm in the middle of Jersey and people in california are already getting their letters. This doesn't make much sense. Although, I think you are wrong about the no email=reject part. If you go back a few pages in this thread you will find a person that was accepted via snail mail that did not receive the second look email. So, just to keep the hope alive. The no email=reject theory has officially been designated a RUMOR. It is not true based on that post. We'll see though.

Gollum,

if u look further in the thread however, that same person later posts and says: "never mind, i got the email".

so not very promising. and so its not a rumor, but more based on fact.

mmz6

Originally posted by mmz6
Gollum,

if u look further in the thread however, that same person later posts and says: "never mind, i got the email".

mmz6

More like evidence based posting ;). I don't want to get your hopes up Gollum, but I'm throwing in the towel. I've been accepted to my other two top choices and I'm content with that.

Originally posted by mmz6
Gollum,

mmz6

Hmm, maybe I'm not reading correcty. was it posted by nike?

This one?

Originally posted by Nike
Thanks! It came in a 1/2 size manilla envelope, somewhat thick. It was postmarked Feb. 25. I live in a small town in Ohio.

MDT--
I didn't receive any information about second look weekend, but there was a page giving instructions on how to download the financial aid application.

Again, best of luck to everyone, this whole waiting process is grueling!

More like evidence based posting ;). I don't want to get your hopes up Gollum, but I'm throwing in the towel. I've been accepted to my other two top choices and I'm content with that.

Yeah, good call. I had high hopes for NU, but like you said not a top choice but still very lucrative.

Hmm, maybe I'm not reading correcty. was it posted by nike?

This one?

I pmed Nike and he confirmed that he got the email.

I pmed Nike and he confirmed that he got the email.

Oh crap. Oh well. My towel is now offically thrown in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I guess this thread is now as dead as my hopes for NU. I'll have to find something else to brood over.

I got waitlisted. I hope some space frees up! ;)

I personally know at least one person who will open up a spot on the WL. He applied MD/PHD, but got accepted only for MD. He can't afford not to go MD/PhD and has insane stats, so he'll get MD/PhD somewhere and will drop his NWU regardless of it. I don't know why he's holding the acceptance if he has no plans to go. Oh well. I'll let you all know when he drops his spot.

Originally posted by pud129
I personally know at least one person who will open up a spot on the WL. He applied MD/PHD, but got accepted only for MD. He can't afford not to go MD/PhD and has insane stats, so he'll get MD/PhD somewhere and will drop his NWU regardless of it. I don't know why he's holding the acceptance if he has no plans to go. Oh well. I'll let you all know when he drops his spot.

Can't afford to go MD? Loans dude!

one person dropping their acceptance does not necessarily mean that a WL spot will open up. northwestern overaccepts (300 for 170 spots), taking into account that not all accepted will matriculate. WL spots only open up when the # matriculating drops below their desired class size, which i have heard rarely happens at NU. not to say that I am not praying to the gods that a spot opens up to let me in, but right now i am not very hopeful.

Quote:oops:ne person dropping their acceptance does not necessarily mean that a WL spot will open up. northwestern overaccepts (300 for 170 spots), taking into account that not all accepted will matriculate. WL spots only open up when the # matriculating drops below their desired class size, which i have heard rarely happens at NU. not to say that I am not praying to the gods that a spot opens up to let me in, but right now i am not very hopeful.

Gotcha. My bad, I was just trying to give some hope to some people. ABout the money issue, he's international, no family support and just doesn't want to do loans. he'd rather do MD/PHD elsewhere.

just out of curiousity, what schools did your friend get into for the MD/PhD program.

Confirmed: waitlisted.

Confirmed: waitlisted.

ditto. Why did they send two copies of the WL intent form?
I bet it's because some people get so frustrated they check the withdraw box. Then they realize, "Oh crap, I still might have a shot," and they use the second copy to accept the WL.

ditto. Why did they send two copies of the WL intent form?
I bet it's because some people get so frustrated they check the withdraw box. Then they realize, "Oh crap, I still might have a shot," and they use the second copy to accept the WL.

Haha....well supposedly you keep a copy for yourself, and mail the other copy in to them (That's rather unncessary though, I mean, how could someone forgot whether he/she accept or decline the waitlist offer?)

Actually, I know one in the admit process at nu, not high up but def part of it. There are usually very few waitlist accepts off nu but many applied also got waited at washington univ. unfortunately they also have few, though they say 50 more than 1100 students are on waitlist.

good luck to all though