Call from Northwestern!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to everyone accepted!!
i'm hoping for some good news soon for all of us still waiting!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
we can do it! two thumbs up!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by lyragrl
Thank you my friend! Right back at you (again). It has been a good week. Now I'm pulling for Kashue, TheFlash, CalBeE and all my other favorite SDNers waiting for both NU and Columbia.

I'm so happy for ya lyra! Hehe, actually I'm waiting to hear post-interview from the other Chicago school just down Lakeshore Drive, Pritzker. NU is dope though! :)

Good luck Kash!! :clap:

(edited for Lakeshore :oops:)

Yeah, sorry about that. I actually meant either NU or Columbia (or both).

Good luck with Pritzker!

P.S. If you're gonna be a true Chicagoan, that's "Lakeshore Drive"
;)

Members don't see this ad :)
er, yeah, that's what I meant. :laugh: You geared up for Columbia?

As much as I can be!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the good wishes ya'all.

Lyra has your status page changed?

congrats to all... we happy for u lyragirl, exmike, jlee...

but the last 10 posts have nothing to do with the thread subject and just is getting me all excited when i see a new post and realizing it is unrelated.

comon ppls.. can u take your props to each other to the lounge, a new thread or PMs.

peace and congrats again.

mmz6

kashue -- no change on the status page.

ex-mike -- Mold-a-ramas are awesome! They're these machines where you pay $1 and the machine makes a molded plastic toy in front of your eyes. Very 1960s. There's a zoo here in the Chicago area that has 10 different options. I am the proud owner of a plastic penguin, polar bear, dolphin, and wombat. My husband and I both like kitschy toys...

mmz -- sorry for the false hopes. My guess is that there won't be a ton more news for a day or two until the mail comes.

ok, I just called the school and asked how they were notifying applicants if they were accepted, and they said that everyone would receive a letter. Hmmm. If some people might find out of their acceptance by mail, I wonder why they would call some and not others. For those who found it in November, did you have a phone call?

nike-

majority of ppl that found out in november found out by mail.. with a few ppl finding out my phone. no one knows why some lucky few get the phone call- prolly cuz northwestern wants them more badly than the rest of the acceptances?

anyway... guess we wait till next week for the final decision letters to arrive.

mmz6

Originally posted by jlee9531

kash, flash, korean bbq meat are all f*ing highly qualified....so im wishing for the best for y'all.

I'm gonna be the weird Californian here (Technically I'm not a resident though I've been here for 7 years). I really wanna move to Chicago or New York next year to get a more urban city experience. Columbia is a long shot for everyone, but Northwestern accepts half of the interviewees, so I hope I'll get in!

The waiting is killing me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone who got in so far!

Don't worry if you haven't gotten a call yet. Most people don't get called, but get the acceptance in the mail. So don't lose hope!

P.S. Be careful about mistaking them for a telemarketer like I almost did. Initially, Brown sounded like she was trying to sell me something and I almost said, "sorry, I'm not interested but thank you..." Thank god I had the patience to wait the extra 2 seconds to realize it wasn't a telemarketer!

letters were mailed out today. good luck everyone!!!!!

joker...

how did you find out that info? thanks for the heads up.

now time to wait.

mmz6

Oh great, it seems like two schools (Columbia & Northwestern) are mailing out decisions today. Anxiety will hit me again when I check my mailbox on Friday and Saturday.

I called them and asked...they said they mailed the letters today. goodluck!

bumping. any news yet?

No offense intended at all Kashue, but bumping w/o having news yourself is just plain cruel :)

I think that this end of the process is going to make me OCD.

Originally posted by IrishOarsman
No offense intended at all Kashue, but bumping w/o having news yourself is just plain cruel :)

I think that this end of the process is going to make me OCD.

Ditto. I've heard of people taking a year off because the application process had drained the hell out of them.

Anyway, I'm curious to know how big the acceptance envelope is? big or small? Lyra have you gotten the acceptance envelope yet?

from what i make of last year's posts, second round acceptances come in big white envelopes. don't know if that'll be the case this year though.

good luck everyone!!!:thumbup: :) :thumbup:

My acceptance envelope from last year said it was from the department of financial aid. It was either white or manila, but it was definitely 8.5x11, not a skinny one.

Originally posted by CalBeE
Oh great, it seems like two schools (Columbia & Northwestern) are mailing out decisions today. Anxiety will hit me again when I check my mailbox on Friday and Saturday.

Just curious, your profile says you got into UCLA/Vanderbilt... I'm wondering why you are so anxious? If you got into a good school, it shouldn't be that stressful anymore right? At least, that's my perspective.

Originally posted by Auricae
Just curious, your profile says you got into UCLA/Vanderbilt... I'm wondering why you are so anxious? If you got into a good school, it shouldn't be that stressful anymore right? At least, that's my perspective.

It's really a personal preference, I wanna live in Chicago or New York for the next 4 years, that's why I'm particularly anxious about these two schools. It's sorta like someone from California wanting to get into a UC school.

Confirming that the letters were sent...

How? Letter recieved.

I hate to put a bad luck vibe on the thread by being the first to give the results in this way... but anyways,

Rejection.

Confirming that the letters were sent...

How? Letter recieved.

I hate to put a bad luck kibash on the thread by being the first to give the results in this way... but anyways,

Rejection.

Aww man, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear about that. For me, a post-interview rejection hurts so much more than a pre-interview rejection (the former happened to me once so far). :( Well, I hope you've gotten into other schools. Did you apply to other schools in the Chicago area too?

Yeah, I did. I have an option to stay in Chicago, which I don't know if I will take.

But... here's what really rubs me the wrong way. I interviewed in October. The coordinator literally told us "Relax. You all represent some of our most qualified applicants." Then she went on to explain that 600ish were interviewed, 300 accepted, 170 matriculate. Of the 300 unlucky souls, 230 waitlisted (with relatively little movement) and 70 were rejected.

Made me feel pretty good that day... not so good today.

Yeah, I did. I have an option to stay in Chicago, which I don't know if I will take.

But... here's what really rubs me the wrong way. I interviewed in October. The coordinator literally told us "Relax. You all represent some of our most qualified applicants." Then she went on to explain that 600ish were interviewed, 300 accepted, 170 matriculate. Of the 300 unlucky souls, 230 waitlisted (with relatively little movement) and 70 were rejected.

I remember her saying those same words. She told us to imagine that we were the lucky 300 accepted so the day would go by easy.

I'm sorry Bro.

That is f---ed up dude. I thought they prefered people from Chicago or midwest. Oh crap, now I'm really worried considering im from the east.

Hey all- I'm looking at the bottom of the thread and I feel bad for monopolizing it. I don't want to dampen what I hope will be a very happy relavation for most of you.

Thanks everyone for the sentiments. Nontheless, I will respectfully fade from this thread because I want it to be a lot more CONGRATS and less sorry. :) Cheers.

bumping. Any news guys?

I'm from MI and I'm on campus so I can't check my mail for a while. Anyone get a letter yet today?

mail came... nothing in it.
tomorrow for me i hope.. or its die waiting for monday.

mmz6

Finally some good news . . . I got in! :) Got the letter this afternoon. Good luck everyone!

Originally posted by Nike
Finally some good news . . . I got in! :) Got the letter this afternoon. Good luck everyone!

CONGRATS!

Nike, what does it look like? Color of envelope? Big, small, thick? What part of the country are you in?

Congrats Nike!!!

Does the letter contain Second Look info and financial aid info?

Congrats Nike!!! :clap:

Originally posted by Kashue
CONGRATS!

Nike, what does it look like? Color of envelope? Big, small, thick? What part of the country are you in?

Thanks! It came in a 1/2 size manilla envelope, somewhat thick. It was postmarked Feb. 25. I live in a small town in Ohio.

MDT--
I didn't receive any information about second look weekend, but there was a page giving instructions on how to download the financial aid application.

Again, best of luck to everyone, this whole waiting process is grueling!

woohoo!! i'm in!! got the letter today! goodluck everyone!

Congrat to both Nike and joker!!! Go celebrate!

Did your guys status page change?

Congrats everyone! I think my mail comes in an hour or so. I hope they don't send it to my college address because I am home for the weekend!!!

Northwestern doesn't give any preference to IL residents or Chicago people... I'm international and I'm an M2 here...

My status page hasn't change since they removed the decision pending and "special letter" a little while ago.

Thanks MDT. I got my mail - nothing from NU today. I guess tomorrow is another day....

Good Luck Kashue - I'm rooting for you! Hopefully tomorrow brings good news!

Originally posted by MDT
Good Luck Kashue - I'm rooting for you! Hopefully tomorrow brings good news!

Thanks brotha. SDN will be the first to know ;).