Call from Northwestern!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Kashue
Thanks brotha. SDN will be the first to know ;).

Actually, I'm a she. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Good luck too...no mail for me today either...maybe tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else just get the email about Second Look Weekend?

me neither...

did anyone not yet accepted get the email?

mmz6

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to freak anyone out. I wouldn't think that they would send an email if it was going to beat the mail, so maybe they just sent it to people that were called. Don't read too much into it. (I know that is difficult for us not to do.)

actually.. someone mentioned how last year people heard the news by getting that exact email.

so... u just freaked the hell outta me! haha.

now im scared. oh well.

peace
mmz6

Originally posted by mmz6
actually.. someone mentioned how last year people heard the news by getting that exact email.

so... u just freaked the hell outta me! haha.

now im scared. oh well.

peace
mmz6

Ditto. Oh well, another rejection/waitlist for me. Anyone who got accepted not get this email?

I was accepted in November and I still have not gotten the second look weekend email, or any email for that matter, from NU. My status page said that a decision was made and to expect a letter shortly, and then about 5 days later I got the packet from NU in a large manila folder. However, a student from the school did contact me about a month ago about second look weekend and my status page told me to keep open the dates of April 15-17 for second look weekend. My status page has been blank except for the welcome back greeting for almost a week now. So I guess the emails are not a completely reliant source of knowing if you were accepted or not....just keep up your hopes and I'm sure good things will happen. I'm rooting for all of you to get accepted and hope to see you at second look weekend!

mrb

good luck to all those who are waiting...i hope all of you hear some good news.

just had a quick question. for those of you who got the email, were u able to open the attachment? i'm having difficulty with it. if so, can you help me out? thanx for your help,

stressedout

It is a pdf file. Do you have Acrobat Reader?

Hey guys, NW is my second choice right now, and I really hope I'll get to meet you guys next year...but no mails, emails, or phone calls, whatsoever yet... :(

Edit: Oh and things are NOT looking good for my first choice either...people who are accepted should have got the letters by now (Acceptances are sent by priority mail, other letters by regular mail)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll try opening it as a pdf..Right now it says it's a .dat file. Thanx for the suggestion.

Also, CalBeE, good luck! I think you are already awesome for being accepted to UCLA...I'm sure you'll hear some good news.

Got my rejection from NWU today. It's ok b/c I already got into my top choice. NWU is a great school and I'm sure the people that decide to go there will have a great time. Congrats to those who have been accepted to NWU!

Originally posted by taehong81
Got my rejection from NWU today. It's ok b/c I already got into my top choice. NWU is a great school and I'm sure the people that decide to go there will have a great time. Congrats to those who have been accepted to NWU!

I'm sorry to hear about that taehong81. I have a feeling that I might be getting a rejection letter today, since I didn't hear back from them since my interview in September. But, congrats on getting into your top choice school. :) By the way, is there anyone who interviewed between September and November and managed to receive an acceptance letter from NU within the second batch of decisions?

yeah i got the email...and i was accepted today as well. good luck to those still waiting!!

I got that e-mail today and I was accepted back in Nov. It sounds like they just haven't sent them all out yet, so I wouldn't let that worry you. Good luck everyone.

Originally posted by J33
I got that e-mail today and I was accepted back in Nov. It sounds like they just haven't sent them all out yet, so I wouldn't let that worry you. Good luck everyone.

Perhaps, but i'm preparing for a waitlist/rejection ;). It's cool tho.

Well I guess I spoke too soon because I got the "second look weekend" email today as well and I was accepted back in Nov. Good luck to those still waiting!!!

mrb

Originally posted by mrbfour
Well I guess I spoke too soon because I got the "second look weekend" email today as well and I was accepted back in Nov. Good luck to those still waiting!!!

mrb

not comforting to know mrb.
so did ANYONE that was accepted not get the email?

thanks
mmz6

Looks like I'm in the waitlist/rejection crowd. No email for me. Finch is my last hope for an outright acceptance right now. :(

For all those wondering about the timing I live in the Bay area, and I got my flat out rejection today! :confused: Yeah one of the lucky few.

I guess I really sqrewed up somehow in the interview, I thought they just rejected those who were really boastfull in working with their group members. I was really hoping to get in because I really loved the curriculum, and it was the first school where I really thought I would really get along well with the students, and I loved their lifestyle, three weeks of relaxing

Well good luck everyone, I guess its just not meant to be, Jefferson here I come!

Originally posted by CalBeE
Hey guys, NW is my second choice right now, and I really hope I'll get to meet you guys next year...but no mails, emails, or phone calls, whatsoever yet... :(

Edit: Oh and things are NOT looking good for my first choice either...people who are accepted should have got the letters by now (Acceptances are sent by priority mail, other letters by regular mail)

dude...just bump us up to your first choice! :D

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
dude...just bump us up to your first choice! :D

IF I actually in, I'll bug you again at your new apartment ;)

...or has anyone gotten the email and not gotten an acceptance in the mail yet?

No email here. So I assume this means I'm not in?:(

Originally posted by kilroth
No email here. So I assume this means I'm not in?:(

I am preparing for the worst :thumbup:. I'm hoping to have the honors of being the first to post a waitlist :cool: .

Originally posted by Kashue
I am preparing for the worst :thumbup:. I'm hoping to have the honors of being the first to post a waitlist :cool: .

Kashue quit worrying. You will get in.

Got the rejection letter yesterday. I'm in Ohio. It was kind of funny, it was my first rejection and my dad, when I told him, was more upset than I was. Instead of punching a hole through the wall like I did, my dad went as far as to beat our dog. Just kidding.

Good luck to everybody else.

sq

Now SDN is not a representative of the whole applicant pool, but doesn't it seem like this year way too many people got the straight up rejection??

for sure! with not a single waitlisted person!

wtf!

mmz6

Well, I guess I have the honors of being the first waitlist... not sure I want this honor, but it hurts less than straight up rejection. Got mine yesterday in the mail. I hope the mail today brings some love for some people reading this. Good luck everyone.

just checked my mail - nada.

sorry to hear bout the waitlist... but i think thats the best we can do if we didn't get the email.

im assuming it came in a small envelope?

g'dluck
peace
mmz6

just checked my mail - nada.

Yo MMZ, where do you live?

I'm from NJ and have nothing today either. Damn, the mail should have been here by now if it was mailed first class on the 25th.

one more for the waitlist crew here, my 6th in the WL letter collection, maybe if i save up enough I can trade them in for one acceptance letter.... anyone know from past experience how much the northwestern WL moves?

Originally posted by Gollum
Yo MMZ, where do you live?

I'm from NJ and have nothing today either. Damn, the mail should have been here by now if it was mailed first class on the 25th.

ithaca, ny. some guy in bay area got it already, someone in boston. no love here. or were u at apparently.

don't expect anything good thou. waitlist is the best we can hope for.

(and to answer your question BUFER1, from other threads and previous posts, it seems like the waitlist doesn't move much at all. not worth the wait there (ie. stay on it if u really like the school, but don't hold your breath).

p,
mmz6

Originally posted by bufer1
one more for the waitlist crew here, my 6th in the WL letter collection, maybe if i save up enough I can trade them in for one acceptance letter.... anyone know from past experience how much the northwestern WL moves?

I heard the wait list doesn't have much movement at all. the lady at interviews said only about 5 or so got in off the WL. If i have the honor of getting WL I will probably withdraw. I have already gotten into my top choice already on the east. I really want to stay near home. Although, a change of senery for 4 years would have been pretty cool. I did find NU to be in a really nice location though. Congrats to everyone who got in and for those who where WL or R, keep your head up.

Originally posted by bufer1

if this year is similar to previous years then unfortunately it does not look good. the waitlist rarely moves here. last year's(2006) class was overbooked by like 30 kids 3 weeks before class was about to start. my class had little movement if any. i think i heard someone throw out 3 as the number of people who got off the waitlist for my class(i doubt that though). in any event the waitlist pretty much never moves here.

however, do make an effort to keep updating the adcom and informing them of your interest...you never know what could happen.

good luck.

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
if this year is similar to previous years then unfortunately it does not look good. the waitlist rarely moves here. last year's(2006) class was overbooked by like 30 kids 3 weeks before class was about to start. my class had little movement if any. i think i heard someone throw out 3 as the number of people who got off the waitlist for my class(i doubt that though). in any event the waitlist pretty much never moves here.

however, do make an effort to keep updating the adcom and informing them of your interest...you never know what could happen.

good luck.

Oh thanks, you just make many of us feel so much better :D Just kidding, have fun in learning anatomy terms

I'm on the waitlist. Hoo-ray! :rolleyes: It sounds like I'll have to cure cancer before May 15 to get bumped in. Congrats to all of you who got in though, I'm quite envious. :horns:

Aw shucks -- I got WL too. Well I'll be withdrawing, hopefully some people will get off the waitlist.

What's it with me and Chicago schools?

I got waitlisted at Pritzker back in November, and now at Northwestern too...darn it ;)

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
yeah UCLA is nothing to complain about!

I know...If I say I will choose Northwestern over UCLA again, my friend will beat me up cause he really wants to stay in California...as for me, I wanna move to a colder city!

Waitlist here too, but no problem, since I got into Univ. of Miami last week.

I probably would have chosen UM over NU anyways, but I sure would have liked another visit to Chicago...

I don't get it. I got into Wash U but waisted at Northwestern. Is this surprising. Anyone else get into a significantly better ranked school, but waitlisted at NU?

Originally posted by MikeyMann
I don't get it. I got into Wash U but waisted at Northwestern. Is this surprising. Anyone else get into a significantly better ranked school, but waitlisted at NU?

Well, I got into UCLA, which is definitely not as highly ranked as WashU, but I did get in as an out-of-stater, so it's not really easy.

I think my application is solid overall, and I spent so much more time on NWU's secondary than other schools, but I think at the end, I probably didn't show much interest to the school during the interview and that probably hurt me. (It's just like I'm a calm, serious type of guy, so I don't really go "I love your school!")

I got a letter saying that I'm an alternate...is this just NU's way of saying that I'm waitlisted?

Originally posted by wannabeadoc
I got a letter saying that I'm an alternate...is this just NU's way of saying that I'm waitlisted?

Yea, Mine says the same too, it's just another way of wording it.