Campbell Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonset14105

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I was recently accepted for Campbell's DPT program! I interviewed on 9/30 and found out 3 days later, which was incredible. I'm just worried because the program starts in 3 months, and I still haven't heard back from anyone else yet. I applied to Elon, Duke, Shenandoah, Radford, and USC. Does anyone know how long any of these schools usually take to get back for regular decision? I submitted my PTCAS application on Sept 23rd and it was verified by Sept 30th. I also know that since Duke isn't doing interviews this round, so they will probably get back sooner than later, but I wanted to finalize a decision soon because I have to put down my deposit for Campbell. Any advice will be helpful, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on being accepted!! I interviewed back in March and got off the waiting list in August! As far as hearing back from anyone, I'm not sure of their timelines. My guess is that since those schools start later, you might not hear back as soon as you want to. I was in the same boat as you: I was on the waitlist for Campbell and applied to Ga State, waiting to hear back so I could possibly choose between the two and heard back about an interview AFTER I put my deposit down at Campbell. The interview would have been on Dec. 2nd, which is about a month before classes start at Campbell, so I didn't feel the need to go since I already accepted at another school. I guess it's truly up to you whether or not you want to risk not putting down the deposit to wait to hear from other schools or if you want to put it down and then possibly forfeit it IF you get accepted into a school you'd prefer over Campbell. Campbell is pretty excellent :)

Congrats on being accepted!! I interviewed back in March and got off the waiting list in August! As far as hearing back from anyone, I'm not sure of their timelines. My guess is that since those schools start later, you might not hear back as soon as you want to. I was in the same boat as you: I was on the waitlist for Campbell and applied to Ga State, waiting to hear back so I could possibly choose between the two and heard back about an interview AFTER I put my deposit down at Campbell. The interview would have been on Dec. 2nd, which is about a month before classes start at Campbell, so I didn't feel the need to go since I already accepted at another school. I guess it's truly up to you whether or not you want to risk not putting down the deposit to wait to hear from other schools or if you want to put it down and then possibly forfeit it IF you get accepted into a school you'd prefer over Campbell. Campbell is pretty excellent :)

Oh wow your process sounds very frustrating, but glad you got into Campbell! It definitely is a great program, so I'll be content if I go there. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem! I actually went and toured the facility last weekend since it wasn't completed when I had my interview back in March. The new facility is BEAUTIFUL and fully equipped with everything! I'm not sure if you have a preference or not about which school you'd want to attend?

Hey everyone!

I was recently accepted for Campbell's DPT program! I interviewed on 9/30 and found out 3 days later, which was incredible. I'm just worried because the program starts in 3 months, and I still haven't heard back from anyone else yet. I applied to Elon, Duke, Shenandoah, Radford, and USC. Does anyone know how long any of these schools usually take to get back for regular decision? I submitted my PTCAS application on Sept 23rd and it was verified by Sept 30th. I also know that since Duke isn't doing interviews this round, so they will probably get back sooner than later, but I wanted to finalize a decision soon because I have to put down my deposit for Campbell. Any advice will be helpful, thank you!

Hi! I also interviewed at CU on 9/30 and was accepted 3 days later. I'm in the same boat as you, trying to figure out when I'll hear from other schools. The deposit for CU is due on the 10/17 I believe. So we don't have that much time. I do know for Elon that you can check the status of your application on their website (they'll send you a link to it when they confirm your application is complete and ready for review). As for the others I'm not sure. I applied to Radford and Shenandoah as well.

Well, I know they gave me about 2 weeks to get my deposit in and frankly, since I've been waiting for an acceptance from ANYWHERE, I didn't hesitate to put it down. I know I was waiting to hear back from another school as well, but honestly, Campbell got to me first and they've been the one school who's really treated me as a person instead of just another applicant, so I felt like making the decision to put my deposit down, even before I found out my answer from another school, was the right decision. If other programs aren't starting until summer or fall of next year, I'm not entirely sure what their timeline is as far as providing notice for interviews and decisions. The other program I applied to (GA State) wanted to interview me Dec. 2nd for their program starting in Summer '17, a month before Campbell begins classes. So, even if I went to the interview, I wouldn't expect to hear back anytime soon

No problem! I actually went and toured the facility last weekend since it wasn't completed when I had my interview back in March. The new facility is BEAUTIFUL and fully equipped with everything! I'm not sure if you have a preference or not about which school you'd want to attend?

Yes the new facility is SO incredible, it's one of the main reasons why I'm seriously leaning towards Campbell! I don't have a preference, but since Campbell already accepted me and it's pretty close to my house, I'm pretty set on it. I genuinely like their program and their focus on interprofessional education, but the only downside to it is the fact that the school is in the middle of nowhere.

Hi! I also interviewed at CU on 9/30 and was accepted 3 days later. I'm in the same boat as you, trying to figure out when I'll hear from other schools. The deposit for CU is due on the 10/17 I believe. So we don't have that much time. I do know for Elon that you can check the status of your application on their website (they'll send you a link to it when they confirm your application is complete and ready for review). As for the others I'm not sure. I applied to Radford and Shenandoah as well.

Ahh so glad to know someone else is going through this as well! I just got the email from Elon saying my application is processed and is under review, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I'm only worried because they don't start until January in 2018 so they might not respond for easily another few months. When did you submit your Radford and Shenandoah applications, and have they emailed you and let you know if your application's been processed?

Yes the new facility is SO incredible, it's one of the main reasons why I'm seriously leaning towards Campbell! I don't have a preference, but since Campbell already accepted me and it's pretty close to my house, I'm pretty set on it. I genuinely like their program and their focus on interprofessional education, but the only downside to it is the fact that the school is in the middle of nowhere.

I totally understand about it being very rural lol....I know coming from Atlanta that I'm not a rural person, but knowing myself and how I study, I would much rather the school be secluded so I have minimal distractions! I'll be living closer to Raleigh so I'll be near civilization lol. I drive about 40 minutes to work now living in GA, so driving with less traffic to school for about the same amount of time isn't an issue for me. I know a lot of students do the same and take that drive time to decompress and relax before classes.

Ahh so glad to know someone else is going through this as well! I just got the email from Elon saying my application is processed and is under review, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I'm only worried because they don't start until January in 2018 so they might not respond for easily another few months. When did you submit your Radford and Shenandoah applications, and have they emailed you and let you know if your application's been processed?
No offense...but I hope those of you who got accepted to campbell also get accepted to your other top schools and choose to go there over campbell, because I'm currently in the top 10 on the wait list for campbell. So you would be helping me out tremendously by deciding to go somewhere else ;)

No offense...but I hope those of you who got accepted to campbell also get accepted to your other top schools and choose to go there over campbell, because I'm currently in the top 10 on the wait list for campbell. So you would be helping me out tremendously by deciding to go somewhere else ;)

ahh I already put my deposit down for Campbell, but I really hope you get in!!

I also interviewed at Campbell on 9/30. I am on the top ten wait list. They told me I could hear as late as late December if I get a seat. I have interviews at two other schools coming up in the next month so hopefully I will get a yes from one of them. It's tough to make a decision with each school having such different timelines. @Kk515 did you decide to attend CU?

I also interviewed at Campbell on 9/30. I am on the top ten wait list. They told me I could hear as late as late December if I get a seat. I have interviews at two other schools coming up in the next month so hopefully I will get a yes from one of them. It's tough to make a decision with each school having such different timelines. @Kk515 did you decide to attend CU?
Hi! Yes I already put down my deposit, but I am still waiting to hear from other schools as well. Good luck at your interviews:)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Yes I already put down my deposit, but I am still waiting to hear from other schools as well. Good luck at your interviews:)
Thank you! Good luck with your other schools too.

Hello, I interviewed at Campbell on Oct 27th. Admissions said that we would get a decision about this in two weeks. Could I expect a decision earlier within this time frame?