Can I send in my application w/o MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is sending my application on July 4 late?

• Total voters

Dr.Narcos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

Quick question. I am taking the MCAT in June 2018. I want to submit my application as close to the opening of the AAMC application date (May 1st). My question is, can I submit everything such as LOR, general application, transcripts, personal statement etc without MCAT scores.

I take the MCAT on June 2 and scores are released on July 3.
So that means I will be forced to submit on at least July 4 with MCAT scores.

#1 Can I send MCAT scores separately?
#2 Is it wise to send separately?
#3 How late will I be if I submit my application on the forth of July?

Members don't see this ad.

Totally agree with the above. Filling out AMCAS is time consuming. Focus on the MCAT and apply in July. July is not ideal but not exactly late either. MCAT will make or break your application.

Your plan is somewhat similar to mine this year. It wasn't the greatest time of my life.

Timeline:
Early May: Chickened out of my mid-May MCAT, postponed to June 1st ($!)
Mid May: Started writing PS
Late May: Chickened out of my June 1st MCAT, postponed to June 17th ($$!)
Early June: Finished AMCAS, not submitted yet
June 17th: Became a man and wrote the test
June 21st: Submitted Primary to one throwaway MD school
Mid July: Primary verified, MCAT score received, started sending Primaries to more schools
Mid August: Secondaries all submitted, LORs sent, Apps complete at most school (saves Einstein with its weirdo processing system)

I was fortunate enough to get a good MCAT score, primary was in early enough to be verified in time for secondaries, and my cycle's going great right now. So, if you do plan to write MCAT on June, I recommend you to finish your primary / choose one throwaway school for recipient (your primary cannot be verified without selecting at least one school) / submit everything before getting your MCAT score back. That way, your primary will be verified on time, and you can always add schools later. If you wait until July, it may take several weeks for it to be verified. You'll want to have everything complete by late August.

But honestly, as gonnif suggested, just write MCAT and worry about applications later. It's not fun trying to do both at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submit your app to a single throwaway school when AMCAS opens so you can get verified right away. When your score comes back, add schools.

Thanks guys I'll take it all into account