Can I Shadow You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mssopranogirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a bit unconventional but I'm wondering if there are any current medical students at University of Washington that will agree to let me shadow them for a day? I'm looking into medicine but would like to know what a day in the life of a med student is like and if it's something I can handle. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You're gonna hang around while they read up on hemodynamics?

Find a RESIDENT to shadow.

If I was a med student, I don't think I would want someone following me around all day. Especially if I was trying to study or something. Anyways, I doubt the school would even allow it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If maybe you want to just meet some med students while also getting some physician shadowing in you should check out Odessa Brown Children's Clinic. I used to go there as a kiddo and decided to see if i could shadow there. Its really a great place to shadow because you're able to shadow different people of the health care team. Also regarding the medical student thing, shadowing at OBCC was really good because its also a designated teaching site for the UWSOM so there are different MS3's that rotate through every couple of weeks. They were all really nice about letting me follow them around when the attending/preceptor gave them patients to see and all of them would ask me if i can questions about applying and tips about how i could brush up my application. A lot of them also gave me their emails and told me to contact them i had other questions. Also its only like a 20-25 min bus ride from campus~~

I don't know if this helps but I'll be an MS1 at UWSOM this fall and I definitely think my experience at OBCC helped me get in.

My school has a program called the "day in the life" program, where you can follow around a med student and get a taste of teh good life...:laugh:

call them and see if they have something similar.....

What school do you attend?