Can I write that I attended an apa accredited internship on my resume?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njk234

Reaction score
I graduated from a school psychology PhD program and I attended a school-based internship from August 2015 to July 2016. While I was on internship, the site was accredited by apa (Initial Accreditation Date: 3/9/2016). Is it accurate/appropriate to write that I attended an apa accredited internship on my resume?

Members don't see this ad.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if the site at least had its site visit within the time you were there for internship, it can be considered APA accredited (as long as they are accredited after said site visit).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if the site at least had its site visit within the time you were there for internship, it can be considered APA accredited (as long as they are accredited after said site visit).
Yes. Accreditation backdates to the time of the site visit.

Yes. Accreditation backdates to the time of the site visit.

That’s no longer true. They changed it a year or two ago based on the agency that accredits the APA insisting that they couldn’t do that any longer. Accreditation is now effective the date of the COA meeting when it is approved.

Source: I’m an APA site visitor.

That’s no longer true. They changed it a year or two ago based on the agency that accredits the APA insisting that they couldn’t do that any longer. Accreditation is now effective the date of the COA meeting when it is approved.

Source: I’m an APA site visitor.
Thanks for the correction. Man, that really screws over sites that are applying.

Thanks for the correction. Man, that really screws over sites that are applying.

They’ve added in a handful of things to make it easier on new sites (like accredited on contingency for sites without enough cohorts for data collection). The hardest thing on new sites is the lack of imbalance so many aren’t getting the two interns they need to even apply for accreditation.