Can you apply ED to one allo and one osteo....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dr. Josh

or is it one or the other? Can you apply to multiple schools and one ED and just (as in college admissions) if you get accepted to your ED school, then withdraw others.

When is the approximate deadline for ED? Due to summer school, I think this will be impossible for me. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I kept reading emergency department throughout that whole post... lol

as far as early decision, i would say that unless you definitely want/have to go to a particular school AND are extremely competitive for that school, do not apply early decision. It will make you postpone the rest of your applications and put you at a disadvantage with other schools. in other words, it can end up screwing you.

I kept reading emergency department throughout that whole post... lol

:laugh: whenever I hear some one say ED meaning erectile dysfunction, I think emergency room.:laugh:

as far as early decision, i would say that unless you definitely want/have to go to a particular school AND are extremely competitive for that school, do not apply early decision. It will make you postpone the rest of your applications and put you at a disadvantage with other schools. in other words, it can end up screwing you.

then you're saying I can't apply to multiple schools and just one ED and only if I'm accepted there withdraw the others? That means I apply ED to one school and only when i get rejected can I send other apps in????:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
then you're saying I can't apply to multiple schools and just one ED and only if I'm accepted there withdraw the others? That means I apply ED to one school and only when i get rejected can I send other apps in????:eek:

correct, at least in the allo sector.

That's generally how EDP's work, and definitely how TCOM works.

I am pretty sure if you apply ED, then you are not allowed to apply any where else. I think if you are strong enough to apply ED, then you may not have anything to worry about applying in the normal way. You may get an early interview anyway.

I do know someone that applied ED in the DO application as well as normal route in the MD application process.

(I also thought... why is this person applying to an emergency department. It is funny how you get used to the abbreviations for something.)

Technically speaking you could simultaneously apply EDP through AMCAS and AACOMAS, but when you apply EDP you are entering a contract stating that you will positively go to that school if accepted. Applying two places EDP is unethical because of that. AMCAS EDP also states that you are not applying to any other U.S. school until October 1st, so even applying to one or the other while EDP is in violation of that rule. You could apply to the Carribean while EDP though.

In my opinion this is highly unethical BUT I don't see how either school is going to know about the other.

I still wouldn't do it.

Why not apply ED to one and just apply normally to the other?

In my opinion this is highly unethical BUT I don't see how either school is going to know about the other.

I still wouldn't do it.

Why not apply ED to one and just apply normally to the other?

ethics?! ha! luckily we are not going into a very ethically-bound profession.