Can you ask to review your file before a rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcola

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm anticipating rejections for this cycle (its so late), can I ask for a review of my file/application for suggestions before they officially give me a rejection? would it just look weird/bad if i do that? i don't really feel like waiting to find out what went wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm anticipating rejections for this cycle (its so late), can I ask for a review of my file/application for suggestions before they officially give me a rejection? would it just look weird/bad if i do that? i don't really feel like waiting to find out what went wrong.

We all anticipate rejections. It's just part of the process. Don't ask for a review before you get an official rejection. It just seems like admitting defeat. Instead of calling about a review of your app to improve for next cycle, you should be contacting schools in hopes of attaining a late interview. Why just "give up" on this cycle?

Also, some schools will specifcally tell you not to contact them about ways to improve your app until after a certain date in the spring. I saw this on a few of my rejection letters - they stated not to contact them about this until after April or May. It's because the admssions people are busy with the current app cycle until then.

Send an update letter or letter of interest if you want.

Also, some schools will specifcally tell you not to contact them about ways to improve your app until after a certain date in the spring. I saw this on a few of my rejection letters - they stated not to contact them about this until after April or May. It's because the admssions people are busy with the current app cycle until then.

Send an update letter or letter of interest if you want.

:thumbup:

Contacting before a decision has even been made might just be irritating. Hope for the best!