DO Canadian - 3.7 gpa - Mcat 505

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malik60

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my mcat score back and im really crushed, do i still have a chance at US DO if apply in May 2017? The gpa is from the aacomas calculator with grade replacement. Im thinking that that maybe i should repeat the mcat since I am a canadian, but then that would be my third time taking it. Really confused on what i should do. Would appreciate any input. Thanks y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

When you say you might take it again because you're Canadian, are you referring to how Canadian med schools don't care about repeats? That part's true, but for Canadian med schools the 3.7 would make things very hard. Is your wGPA at certain schools a lot higher? Also what province are you from?

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry I wasnt clear, I was talking about US osteopathic schools , which tend to do grade replacement, which is why I am repeating some courses. By doing well in them Ill get to 3.7. I am in Ontario . and I was thinking since I am an international for US osteopathic schools , I should get higher MCAT than the average DO matriculant. sorry if it was initally confusing.

Sorry I wasnt clear, I was talking about US osteopathic schools , which tend to do grade replacement, which is why I am repeating some courses. By doing well in them Ill get to 3.7. I am in Ontario . and I was thinking since I am an international for US osteopathic schools , I should get higher MCAT than the average DO matriculant. sorry if it was initally confusing.