Canadian Graduate Student worrying about this application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nidgehog

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Hope you're all well. I'm a new member here and was wondering if I could get some more insight into the US MD application process.

So a little background about me:

I am a Canadian citizen who attended a Canadian university for undergrad and also currently attending a Canadian university for a thesis-based master's program.
I applied to both (18) MD and (5) DO schools which are historically Canadian-friendly. I already submitted both ACMAS and AACOMAS primaries and been verified so I should be early.

Undergrad cumulative GPA with heavy upward trend: 3.8 (3.5 -> 3.7 -> 3.9 -> 4.0)
Undergrad science GPA: 3.82
Graduate GPA (idk if that matters): 4.0
MCAT (wrote three times rip.. because I started with a 123 CARS hahah): 504, 514, 515 (130,126,131,128)

Over 4000 hours of wet-lab research starting from third year undergraduate, with three authorships (one 1st author). Around 500 hours clinical volunteering, with a 1000 non-clinical. Overall, I would humbly say above average ECs (school clubs, events, etc) and community involvement activities (homeless shelters, etc). No shadowing unfortunately, I am not sure if that will hurt me

Based on you guys' experience and knowledge with past SDN posters who were in my shoes, what would you say my overall chances of getting a US acceptance are?

Thanks everyone!
 
No physician shadowing or clinical experience at all?
Yeah, no shadowing at all. But I have hospital volunteering in ER + paeds clinic, and covid screening, all of which I interacted with patients significantly.