1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

cancelled my scores!!!!!

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by Futurejayhawk, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Futurejayhawk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well, I open up my envelope this afternoon after waiting patiently for over 5 weeks only to find that my scores had been cancelled. I was SO ANGRY!!!! So I call them up and they tell me that I didn't sign the answer sheet and that was grounds for automatic cancellation. All because I forgot to sign the back of it, all my hard work and not to mention my money! Also, they say there is nothing I can do. This lady faxes me the front cover of my answer sheet and the blank back page where I didn't side. This only makes me more angry because they have my answers right there and are pretty much waving it in my face telling me I can't do anything. :smuggrin: frustrating
    Do you guys think I have to be okay with this (by the way they said it was a new policy put into effect last year) or do I have a chance to get my PCAT scored? I know there is an option for people to have it hand graded after they receive their scores. I would so pay the extra money for this if possible, I just want them freakin' scored.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gators14

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I would def look into the possiblity of having it hand graded. Can you find anywhere where it si stated where it actually states that if you do not sign it your test will not be scored?

4. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Are you trying to get into KU for pharmacy school?:)

First of all, look into the PCAT regulations first and find Harcourt's exact wording on the situation. See if you can find any points where you can make an argument. However, I don't think the prospects are good for you if your proctor gave everybody in your room explicit instructions to sign.

I don't know if they'll let you request a hand-scored test because those are usually for people who believe that there was a mistake somewhere. But, I don't know the exact rules about that.

I hope that everything works out the best for you!

5. Falokis

Falokis Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Not being a jerk here, really. But didn't you listen when they told you to sign it? Our proctor made sure she said that we HAD to sign it or it wouldn't be graded. That does suck though. Good luck.

6. eightball

eightball allergic to benadryl
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    ouch!!!...just suck it up man, harm's been done, try to move on, but that does suck, big time!

7. Futurejayhawk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    actually it said they won't grade it in the paragraph above where I was supposed to sign. I goofed. They told me like 4 times that I can do absolutely NOTHING. well i tried. your'e right eightball I can't let it give me ulcers, hopefully I can still get in.

8. Futurejayhawk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    yep..... KU is my destination. how bout you?

9. eelo

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Well..... that seems to be a very effective screening test to find those who are going to be immediately eliminated.... kinda like 'first cuts.'

I'll bet my next paycheck you'll never make that mistake again. Good luck next time.

10. Rxbound

Rxbound Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I've proctored the PCAT twice and we don't let anyone leave the room (when the test is over) if both places to sign are not signed. I doubt that they will score it, but you can try.

11. unit18

unit18 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Its absolutely your fault for not following directions. You are an absolute moron. I actually hope you signed that sheet, then everybody would have higher percentile scores. HAHAHAHA

12. gators14

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    unit 18.... you should be banned from here. We do not need those kind of words here

13. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    unit18:

I really hope your last statement was a (lame attempt at a) joke...if not, please keep it to yourself.

14. omnione

Pharmacy Student
    I would have applied to KU if I had better time management in my application submission.:) I go to Nebraska so I've been to Lawrence and loved the environment down there. I don't have a strong preference for a pharmacy school given that I'll pretty much go anywhere that accepts me. I guess Creighton is the school I'm leaning towards, but I hope to evaluate other schools too.

I hope that it all works out in the end and you still get to sing Rock Chalk Jayhawk soon.:D

15. Futurejayhawk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know that it was my fault and I didn't need you to point that out. THANK YOU. But at least i can get a letter of recommendation when I ask for one. If people reject your request for a recommendation letter it says a lot about you. I can definitely see why they wouldn't write you one; I wouldn't either.

16. Futurejayhawk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Are you trying for the on-campus schooling or online?
    And thanks good luck to you too. I do think it will all work out.

17. omnione

Pharmacy Student
    I'm trying to get the on-campus route. I would slack off too much on the Internet if I went with the web-based route.;)

18. soyroger

soyroger New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I really feel for you. Go read about wightOlore's experience of getting a ticket on his way to the testing center then arriving too late to take the test. Talk about frustration! That should make you feel a bit better, that along with the option to apply to schools that don't need the PCAT. My worst test experience was arriving about 3 minutes too late for the SAT in the 11th grade. The proctor pointed to the clock and told me I'd have to take it another day. I wasn't pleased about that, but everything worked out in the end and I hope it does for you too.