canine distemper cases anywhere?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsachdev

richa
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys

i work in a clinic in illinois as a vet tech, and i was wondering if any other people who work in clinics have seen any cases of canine distemper come in? a puppy bichon-poo came in a few days ago, has the tremors, seizuring, upper respiratory. the doctors i work with think its distemper, and from what i know, the virus has started to get around again.

any takers?

Members don't see this ad.

rsachdev said:
hey guys

i work in a clinic in illinois as a vet tech, and i was wondering if any other people who work in clinics have seen any cases of canine distemper come in? a puppy bichon-poo came in a few days ago, has the tremors, seizuring, upper respiratory. the doctors i work with think its distemper, and from what i know, the virus has started to get around again.

any takers?

Holy crap, that's pretty nasty. I haven't seen anything yet. Good to know, though. And I like your sig :D

I don't work with dogs these days, but there was a horrible feline panleuk outbreak last year in my area. I personally had 6 kittens get sick and lost 4 of them. Everyone I know who works with kittens lost at least one or two.

This year has been better, but whether it's from less viral activity or better practices (improved sanitation and quarantine practices), I can't say.